Minecraft Xbox One Edition - price for Xbox 360 Edition owners

Discus and support Minecraft Xbox One Edition - price for Xbox 360 Edition owners in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I'd like to buy Minecraft Xbox One Edition, however I don not wish to pay the full price again, since I already own the Xbox 360 Edition and I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MierzejX, Oct 20, 2016.

1. MierzejX
    MierzejX Guest

Hi all,

I'd like to buy Minecraft Xbox One Edition, however I don not wish to pay the full price again, since I already own the Xbox 360 Edition and I found out that there was some promo for previous Edition owners. The info is old, however there is no info on any
    deadline for that "deal". I tried to use it, but I still get standard price for Xbox One Edition.

Can anyone help me with that?

Link to the info: Minecraft: Xbox One Edition Available Friday - Xbox Wire

:)

MierzejX, Oct 20, 2016
  2. CarringtonTV
    CarringtonTV Guest
    Any Minecraft One news?

majornelson.com/.../minecraft-xbox-one-edition-arrives-friday

Sounds like some of y'all will be having an awesome weekend, in a few days Minecraft Xbox One Edition - price for Xbox 360 Edition owners :D

CarringtonTV, Oct 20, 2016
  3. Xbox 360 to XB1 digital discount offer

The Minecraft discounted price offer is still valid (I believe the discount is permanent for owners of the Xbox 360 edition of the game).

As for the discounted price for Australian buyers: the price should be about 25% of the original price (75% discount).

Zesty Hamburger, Oct 20, 2016
  4. Minecraft Xbox One Edition - price for Xbox 360 Edition owners

Hi MierzejX,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I believe this was a promotion that lasted the first year of the Xbox One - Minecraft release. (correct me if I'm wrong official staff).

If it is still being offered, you need to log into your Xbox One with the same exact Microsoft account that purchased Minecraft for the Xbox 360 and the price would be available in the store automatically. I too need to upgrade to the Xbox one version,
    but the price doesn't show for me, either. So my guess is that the promotion only lasted for the first year after it's release.

If you still want a second opinion, you should contact official Xbox support (at support.xbox.com/contact-us ) to get the full story. If they give you more information, please come back here and post it so others who have the same question may benefit!

Hit Upvote if this Helps!

Darkhawk Ninja, Oct 20, 2016
  5. MierzejX
    MierzejX Guest
    Thanks Darkhawk Ninja,

I was hoping this would be still available. It would be nice. I see that the Minecraft: Xbox One Edition Favourites pack is 40% off. I haven't found any info about price drop on that, so I guess this might be the promotion price. I guess I'll just buy that
    one then.

Kind regards,

MierzejX, Nov 2, 2018
  6. Zesty Hamburger Win User

Xbox 360 to XB1 digital discount offer

The Minecraft discounted price offer is still valid (I believe the discount is permanent for owners of the Xbox 360 edition of the game).

As for the discounted price for Australian buyers: the price should be about 25% of the original price (75% discount).
  7. StuartATrueRed Win User

Minecraft: Xbox One Edition Discount

Hi, the offer to get Minecraft Xbox One edition at a discounted price if you played the Minecraft Xbox 360 edition has expired. It expired back in February. You will have to pay full price if you want the game on the Xbox One.
  8. ArminatorX Win User

Minecraft 360

Back then when the Xbox One Edition (the Minecraft with the "Xbox One Edition" in the name, not the new "Minecraft" for Xbox One) was released, there was a short time, where you could buy "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" for a reduced price, if you owned the
    original Xbox 360 Minecraft digitally.

Xbox 360 Minecraft and Xbox One Edition Minecraft are two different things. Like having a vinyl record of a music album and then having to buy a CD of the same album. Or having a DVD of a movie, and having to pay for the BluRay version of the movie.

However, the Xbox One Edition can't be bought nowadays anymore. Have you had the Xbox One Edition digitally, you would get the "Minecraft" (without the "Xbox One Edition" in the name) for free.

You can however transfer your Xbox 360 worlds to the Xbox One, if you somehow got hold of the "Xbox One Edition" before it was replaced by the new "Minecraft".

To do that, start your Xbox 360 Minecraft and make sure it's on the latest version. Then use the menu entry to upload your world to the online cloud.

Now start up Minecraft Xbox One Edition and import your world.

With your world in the Xbox One Edition, you can then start the "new" Minecraft on the Xbox One, and import your world from the Xbox One Edition to the new Minecraft.
  9. ArminatorX Win User

Need an answer

The Xbox 360 version of Minecraft is not backwards compatible on the Xbox One.

If you had owned Minecraft 360 digitally, you could have had the benefit of getting the "Xbox One Edition" at a reduced price, and if you owned the Xbox One Edition, you could then get the "Minecraft" without "Xbox One Edition" on the Xbox One for free.

However, these offers have all now expired, and the only way to get Minecraft on your Xbox One is to buy the game again.

Be aware: You can't import your Xbox 360 worlds in the newer Xbox One Minecraft!

If getting your Xbox 360 world over is important for you, you need to find someone with "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" and import it to that game first. Then import that world into "Minecraft" on the Xbox One.
  10. Darkhawk Ninja Win User

Hi MierzejX,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I believe this was a promotion that lasted the first year of the Xbox One - Minecraft release. (correct me if I'm wrong official staff).

If it is still being offered, you need to log into your Xbox One with the same exact Microsoft account that purchased Minecraft for the Xbox 360 and the price would be available in the store automatically. I too need to upgrade to the Xbox one version,
    but the price doesn't show for me, either. So my guess is that the promotion only lasted for the first year after it's release.

If you still want a second opinion, you should contact official Xbox support (at support.xbox.com/contact-us ) to get the full story. If they give you more information, please come back here and post it so others who have the same question may benefit!

Hit Upvote if this Helps!
Thema:

1. Minecraft Xbox One Edition - price for Xbox 360 Edition owners - Similar Threads - Minecraft Edition price

2. Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...: how can I stop getting these invites 157363d0-6835-4b60-86e9-9800ba2f9c9b
  3. Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?: So yesterday I bought Minecraft deluxe edition JAVA and Bedrock. As I proceeded to installation, it displays an error that it couldn't find connection towards the Microsoft Store. After signing in...
  4. Minecraft Bedrock Edition Joinable Realms are not working. I keep getting the message...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition Joinable Realms are not working. I keep getting the message...: Minecraft Bedrock Edition Joinable Realms are not working. I keep getting the message, "Failed attempt to join realm. Please try again later." This has now been going on for 2 days. I was in the...
  5. My chats dont appear for others but I can see other peoples chats. Minecraft bedrock edition

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My chats dont appear for others but I can see other peoples chats. Minecraft bedrock edition: I am gonna keep this short and simple. When I play on a single player world and I have one of my friends join me, when I try to talk to them via chat, they can't see them, but I can see what they...
  6. Minecraft java edition suggestion?

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft java edition suggestion?: Please add a way to add friends in minecraft java edition it would be way easier playing with friends in java edition without having to create a server. now there i am a dummy dum dum and i might...
  7. How can I reinstall Minecraft Java and bedrock edition again? I do not want to pay for it again

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I reinstall Minecraft Java and bedrock edition again? I do not want to pay for it again: As what the title says and I cannot find the dang receipt either which is mind boggling I need help BADLY 50eef25b-bc33-493b-b603-dea3002beb63
  8. Why don't they make the Minecraft education edition free also for the demo to make world's

in XBoX on Windows
    Why don't they make the Minecraft education edition free also for the demo to make world's: Minecraft education edition c2879264-d140-4f7c-9292-aa2d15f88547
  9. How can I get back access to my copy of Minecraft Java Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get back access to my copy of Minecraft Java Edition: Hello During the merge of Minecraft and Microsoft I somehow lost access to my copy of Minecraft. I tried support to get it back but kind of gave up. Now I've realized I still have an email of the...
  10. My Minecraft account was successfully migrated but I dont have access to any editions of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft account was successfully migrated but I dont have access to any editions of...: Hi, I migrated my minecraft profile successfully to my only microsoft account. (see below images) However on Minecraft.net and in the game launcher It says I dont have the game? Please can...