Minecraft won't open after updating today

Discus and support Minecraft won't open after updating today in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So my kid went to open minecraft today on the Xbox series x and it says we need to update our game pass subscription. We havent had game pass in years... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LaFemFatale, Oct 13, 2022.

1. LaFemFatale
    LaFemFatale Guest

So my kid went to open minecraft today on the Xbox series x and it says we need to update our game pass subscription. We havent had game pass in years only gold. We have had and played minecraft for years across multiple accounts and transferred from an Xbox 1 to the series x no issues. Now the game updated and it says we no longer own it and can't access it and my only option is to pay for it again? But when I go to my storage and look on the game information it says base game is already installed like it has been for years. The file information is even correct with the appmode GDK listed in the informatio. There are even 2 minecraft game tiles under our "all games" like ive seen on this post (https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/8386720596365-Minecraft-Performance-Update-Details) reguarding the update. I restarted the game, the Xbox itself, tried logging in from all 4 different accounts (mine my husband's and our 2 kids) and none will open the game and we are all prompted to buy the game pass. Get back to me soon thank you.

:)

LaFemFatale, Oct 13, 2022
  2. Konstantin Belkin Win User

Thank you for answering. Well, I think I'll have to wait. I hope the problem will be noticed and solved soon.
  3. Francia J. Win User

No worries, I totally understand. If I were in your shoe I definitely want to make sure that everything will turn out just fine as well.

To help you, I have also checked other related articles both on Microsoft and Minecraft and there seems to be no reported issue after the update.

But if this happens right after the update, this issue can be intermittent only.
  4. LaFemFatale Win User

And if I uninstall and am not given the option to reinstall and am forced to repurchase the game? What then? Is xbox gonna give me the game for free? It's fine if it works but I don't want to be double charged and for an edition that is worth less than what was originally purchased. And even then to go through all the trouble and possibly loose all game progress as well (I understand the cloud saving but it was still warned against via the post I shared earlier) I would rather wait to get an official response from Microsoft or minecraft in regards to the issue or least here of another customer having the same issue as us after the newest update. I hope you can understand my hesitancy.
  5. LaFemFatale Win User

I understand that but the game isn't a trial I even showed you the purchase from 2019 for more than the asking price now in the game store as we paid for a special edition. I tried contacting minecraft directly and they said it was an Xbox issue and to ask here. Hopefully someone figures this out because I don't want to be out money and a game that my family enjoys playing together as it's one of the few out there now that offers couch coop and is appropriate for all ages....another problem in the game world but that's another conversation for another day...thanks for your help should you find anything new reguarding this I'd appreciate the update!
  6. Francia J. Win User

Perfect. This means you don't need to buy the game again as long as the account where the game was purchased is set as Home Xbox on the console.

Let's perform troubleshooting steps. Using the account where the game was purchased, kindly remove and re-add that account.

REMOVE ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. ​​​

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. ​​​

4. When you're finished, select Close. ​​​

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

​​​

ADD ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new. ​​​

3. Enter the Email address and the password.​​​

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept. ​​​

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console.​​​

After that, make sure that it is set as Home Xbox:

1. Sign in to your account.

2. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

3. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.

4. Check "Make this as My Home Xbox".

And lastly, try launching the game using that account.
Thema:

1. Minecraft won't open after updating today - Similar Threads - Minecraft won't open

2. Help my minecraft launcher just won't open pls help me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help my minecraft launcher just won't open pls help me: I tried downloading it and it refuses to work like **** I spent $30 on this game only for it not to work pls help me like I really really really really really really really really really really...
  3. Minecraft won't open. It gets stuck at 34 or 41%.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft won't open. It gets stuck at 34 or 41%.: For the past 2 months or so, Minecraft won't open on the PC. We are running Microsoft 11 and hadn't made any changes to the computer prior to Minecraft stopping opening. Steps tried already: 1....
  4. I opened Minecraft and it won't let me play unless I buy the game but I've had it for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I opened Minecraft and it won't let me play unless I buy the game but I've had it for...: I opened Minecraft today and it randomly said that I need to buy Minecraft in order to play, but I've already bought it years ago and no matter what I do it won't let me launch the game. What do I...
  5. Minecraft launcher won't open if Minecraft is already running.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft launcher won't open if Minecraft is already running.: So if I have minecraft open, and try to open the launcher it just tabs me to the open window. I used to be able to open the launcher while the game was running on my old laptop but can no longer...
  6. Minecraft Launcher won't open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Launcher won't open: yes i know a lot of ppl have been asking this but i still cant find the solution to my problem so first things first, my minecraft was working perfectly fine but after 2 weeks from not opening...
  7. Minecraft java edition Won't Open, or reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft java edition Won't Open, or reinstall: Hi. i downloaded minecraft java edition previously and it worked fine, until i had completed microsoft account migration. When i open minecraft launcher, it just opens the microsoft store page...
  8. Minecraft launcher won't open, redirects to Microsoft gaming page on the app store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft launcher won't open, redirects to Microsoft gaming page on the app store: So, whenever I click my Minecraft launcher icon, it doesn't open, but it redirects me to the stupid Microsoft gaming page. how am I supposed to fix this??? 6ec4efe8-9e1d-486e-81cf-58b65be3cc24
  9. XBOX Game Bar Won't Open in Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Game Bar Won't Open in Minecraft: After installing Minecraft on my computer, I tried to open xbox game bar in full screen but it wasn't opening in full screen, it was causing problems in Xbox Game Bar, when I scrolled through the...
  10. My Minecraft World Won't Open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft World Won't Open: I have an Xbox One S and while I was playing on my minecraft world once I lost the power to my console after reentering the game every time I open the world the game tells me there was a problem...