Minecraft Wont Let Me Use Chat Suddenly

Discus and support Minecraft Wont Let Me Use Chat Suddenly in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Minecraft wont let me use chat in multiplayer, I've checked all my settings and everything should be correct as i havent changed anything and just... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Christopher JamesCasey, Jan 7, 2024.

1. Minecraft Wont Let Me Use Chat Suddenly

My Minecraft wont let me use chat in multiplayer, I've checked all my settings and everything should be correct as i havent changed anything and just yesterday i was able to chat with friends on my server but now i cant even see the chat in game

:)

Christopher JamesCasey, Jan 7, 2024
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Christopher J, My name is oskayra and it will be a pleasure to help you.

I tell you in advance so that there are no misunderstandings, this is a public forum for user-to-user support. We are users who help other users. We do not work for Microsoft and do not have access to any user accounts.

I understand that you are having problems using multiplayer chat in Minecraft. You have checked all your settings and everything should be correct. Yesterday you were able to chat with friends on your server, but now you can't even see the chat in the game.

Here are some things you can try to fix the problem:

Restart Minecraft. This may fix temporary issues with the game.

Check your Internet connection. Make sure you have a stable Internet connection and that there are no problems with your router or modem.

Restart your computer or mobile device. This may fix temporary issues with your device.

Update Minecraft. There may be a new update that fixes the problem.

Try playing on another server. If you can chat on another server, then the problem is with the server you are trying to play on.

If you've tried all of these things and the problem persists, you may need to contact Minecraft support for help.
  3. AdenBoyer Win User

Migration and playing the game

I never bought Minecraft using Microsoft, only through Mojang. and it wont let me install the launcher
  4. edwin danielpalacios Win User

Minecraft wont let me chat or name my tools

Hi! thanks for your reply, i cant test in another realm but i tried in the old world we played with my friends and i can name my tools there, all normal so i guess chat its ok, so i think its happening only with my friends realm, i asked the owner if he touched something or changed any settings but he says no.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Do you know if your friend or the realm owner is the only capable to use the tools?

This helps us to isolate a bit more the issue

In the meantime ask him to disable temporarily all realm settings, after you do the steps applicable below. Ask your friend to enable everything again and join the realm

If you're on PC do this:
    First uninstall actual minecraft launcher.

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too.

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and install minecraft launcher

-----

If you're on Xbox do this:

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

After that, try to remove and re-add your profile on the console.

In case you need it, here's how to remove and re-add:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Also disconnect your router from power for about 3 minutes. Then connect it again an when everything is working, reinstall minecraft and try again (don't forget to backup your world's if necessary)

-----

If you're playing PE:

Sign out from minecraft, delete the game.
    Restart your phone and install it again, finally sign in and give it a new try

** don't forget to backup worlds
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Edwin

Is this happening only with this realm? Are you able to test with a different realm or create a local world and test in that way how it goes

I'll be waiting for your reply, greetings
Thema:

1. Minecraft Wont Let Me Use Chat Suddenly - Similar Threads - Minecraft Wont Let

2. minecraft wont let me join my friend anymore

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    minecraft wont let me join my friend anymore: i play minecraft bedrock on computer and used to be able to join my friend (who plays on switch) about a few months ago. minecraft randomly stopped working for us one day, saying errors like...
  3. PS4 Wont let me log into my account on Minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    PS4 Wont let me log into my account on Minecraft.: every time I attempt to log into the account it says "We could not sign you into your Microsoft Account. Access to Realms, Profiles, and your Store items will be limited. Please try again later....
  4. My minecraft wont let me login

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My minecraft wont let me login: So i was trying to play minecraft when the launcher says i need to sign in on the website, so i sign in but it takes me to a page that says we are updating our terms and then I click next the page...
  5. My minecraft account got locked i tried unlocking it but it wont let me now

in XBoX on Windows
    My minecraft account got locked i tried unlocking it but it wont let me now: İ bought Minecraft pocket edition yesterday i tried opening it today but it said my account was locked i tried unlocking it when i got a security code i think i typed it in wrong and refreshed it...
  6. wont let me sign into minecraft launcher on the web for the microsoft option

in XBoX Games and Apps
    wont let me sign into minecraft launcher on the web for the microsoft option: it says https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/login?error=InternalServerError&error_description=Some+exception+happenen#state=login and wont let me login please help 2963a720-6062-4c51-8089-290b71382aa6
  7. I had my Minecraft account hacked, and bought Minecraft again but it wont let me log into a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I had my Minecraft account hacked, and bought Minecraft again but it wont let me log into a...: Please help because I have tried erasing all the data for my the Minecraft launcher but it still tries to log me in with the account I lost (idk the password). So i have no idea how to log into my...
  8. Minecraft wont let me invite or join friends worlds.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft wont let me invite or join friends worlds.: Ever since i got my new phone and signed into my minecraft account, I'm unable to join or invite friends to my world. It simply says I have no friends but on the xbox live app it shows that I do...
  9. I bought minecraft java edition and it wont let me play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought minecraft java edition and it wont let me play: I just bought minecraft java and it has charged money from me and when i try to buy it again it it says its already owned. Its really confusing that it says already owned because it wont let me...
  10. error code 0x87DD0006. wont let me sign into minecraft with windows. uninstalled and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    error code 0x87DD0006. wont let me sign into minecraft with windows. uninstalled and...: I need to know how to fix this problem 1379854c-c737-4c6c-ade0-cbb31393e36c