minecraft windows edition no longer available for play after migration even though it was...

Discus and support minecraft windows edition no longer available for play after migration even though it was... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Since a windows reinstall (new drive) I lost my sons windows minecraft. I was forced to migrate to microsoft account soon after and he can no longer... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by stackocoffee, May 13, 2022.

1. stackocoffee
    stackocoffee Guest

minecraft windows edition no longer available for play after migration even though it was...

Since a windows reinstall (new drive) I lost my sons windows minecraft. I was forced to migrate to microsoft account soon after and he can no longer use it. It shows as owned but will not launch and errors installing. I have associated the mojang account with a new microsoft account because it wouldnt let me past and I didnt have the old login details to hand I figured it would attribute the windows version to whatever was linked to the mojang but obviously not. How do I resolve this? Is there a way to merge them?

Just to be clear this version isn't available on either account (the linked one and the old one) its fallen through the cracks during migration process.

:)

stackocoffee, May 13, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

minecraft windows edition no longer available for play after migration even though it was redeemed years ago

Hello, stackocoffee. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

How exactly did you associate the Mojang account to another Microsoft account? There isn't a way to unlink a Microsoft account from a Mojang account unless you directly talk to Minecraft Support.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

minecraft windows edition no longer available for play after migration even though it was redeemed years ago

4. stackocoffee Win User

OK long story short over xmas we were away and he couldnt sign in with mojang anymore so I kind of had to just make a microsoft acount just to be able to play the java version again. My assumption was that the associated product would come with it but that's not the case. How do I actually contact MS support about this by the way? Everytime I have tried I am redirected here like its the only option . Thanks for your help btw
  5. Hoskayra Win User

Mojang Post-Migration Error

Hello, my name is Oskayra I am independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

Unfortunately, the deadline for migrating your Minecraft account to a Microsoft account with entitlement to Minecraft: Java Edition and Minecraft: Bedrock Edition has passed. The migration process was open until May 10, 2023, and accounts that were not migrated by then are no longer eligible for the free Java Edition entitlement.

If you purchased Minecraft before the migration deadline, you will still be able to play Minecraft: Bedrock Edition. However, you will no longer be able to claim a free copy of Minecraft: Java Edition.

If you are still interested in playing Minecraft: Java Edition, you will need to purchase it separately from the Microsoft Store.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  6. Francia J. Win User

I deleted an old game but it won’t show up in “All owned games” now I can’t download it.

Oh, just a friendly reminder though that Minecraft Xbox One Edition is no longer available it was upgraded to Minecraft bedrock edition. Were you able to upgrade before when it was given for free?
Thema:

1. minecraft windows edition no longer available for play after migration even though it was... - Similar Threads - minecraft windows edition

2. Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...: how can I stop getting these invites 157363d0-6835-4b60-86e9-9800ba2f9c9b
  3. Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?: So yesterday I bought Minecraft deluxe edition JAVA and Bedrock. As I proceeded to installation, it displays an error that it couldn't find connection towards the Microsoft Store. After signing in...
  4. Can't click on multiplayer in Minecraft java edition, but multiplayer works on Windows version.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't click on multiplayer in Minecraft java edition, but multiplayer works on Windows version.: I bought Minecraft today and wanted to play with friends but i cant click on multiplayer to join their world on Java. Or any other server/world. Then i went to the site, left my family group...
  5. I can't update Minecraft Bedrock Edition for Windows 10!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't update Minecraft Bedrock Edition for Windows 10!: Hi, I was playing Minecraft Bedrock for Windows 10 with my friends when I was kicked from the realm because my client was outdated. I have looked all over, I have done everything that I could...
  6. Minecraft for Windows edition not installing on my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft for Windows edition not installing on my PC: Hello, so a few days ago I got the PC Game Pass, also I bought the Minecraft Java and Bedrock Edition, but when I tried to install the Minecraft for Windows edition, it starts downloading, but it...
  7. Can't Sign in on minecraft for windows/bedrock edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Sign in on minecraft for windows/bedrock edition: Can't sing in on minecraft app or in minecraft.net Error code: Drowned f6977b8c-2cd3-4d30-a68a-20fceea1f69e
  8. Can't access full Minecraft java edition while having windows 10 edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access full Minecraft java edition while having windows 10 edition: [img] Hello im currently having trouble redeeming minecraft java edition, i currently have windows 10 edition in my account but it doesn't allow me to access java edition, i've tried to download...
  9. i bought minecraft java but i can only play windows edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i bought minecraft java but i can only play windows edition: i had bought minecraft java edition from the launcher today and when i got it it only said i could play windows edition i need help it even says i dont own it 221993c4-47d8-44d1-be27-60292a1dad35
  10. [Minecraft - Windows 10/11 Edition] Sound distorted and cracks. Xbox Game Bar problem with...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [Minecraft - Windows 10/11 Edition] Sound distorted and cracks. Xbox Game Bar problem with...: Razer 7.1 Synapse has a problem with it's Synapse THX in playback device settings. I switched to the, separate, Razer audio controller - Game in both the systems playback settings and Xbox Game...