Minecraft Windows 10 Starter Collection won't download

Discus and support Minecraft Windows 10 Starter Collection won't download in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there I've been trying to sort my issues out since before Christmas. I have 2 issues. Firstly - my son plays Minecraft on Java and Bedrock on his... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MEB_2022, Jan 5, 2022.

1. MEB_2022
    MEB_2022 Guest

Hi there

I've been trying to sort my issues out since before Christmas. I have 2 issues.

Firstly - my son plays Minecraft on Java and Bedrock on his old laptop he had two separate launchers, one for Java and one for Bedrock.

On my new Windows 10 laptop the new version of the Windows 10 launcher (the one where you are supposed to be able to run Java and Bedrock from the same launcher) does not run, it looks like it installs but then when you try to open the launcher a black window opens for a second and then closes. This issue I raised and I was told that there is a bug in that launcher and until it's fixed I should install the Windows ver 7/8 launcher to run Java. This I have done and MC Java works.

So then I thought I would download the Windows 10 bedrock launcher and run it separately like I did on his old laptop. But the issue is that I cannot even download the Windows 10 bedrock launcher. I go my microsoft account, I can see my purchase of Minecraft Windows 10 Starter Collection, it says 'you own this install' on a green button, I click that button, another window opens which gives me a bit more detail, I click on 'Launch' and the window just closes, nothing happens, no error message or file gets downloaded etc.

I've been trying to get the following questions answered:

When will the new launcher bug be fixed where I will be able to run Java or Bedrock from the same launcher?

Is the 'Minecraft for Win 10 starter collection' that I'm trying to install a launcher which will only run Minecraft Bedrock? Or has this also been updated to the new merged launcher where you can now run Java and Bedrock from the same launcher? And infact this is the one which has a bug

How am I supposed to be able to run Minecraft Bedrock on my new Windows 10 laptop? Please do not say I need the new Windows 10 launcher as as I said above this has a bug and it won't run.

Thank you

Marie

:)

MEB_2022, Jan 5, 2022
  2. BhavnaPari Win User

Minecraft for windows does not want to install - Code: 0x80242020

Hi Christopher Revoredo Gutiérrez.

I have followed all of the steps you provided and it is still giving me the same error. Is there a way I can download the Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection separately, aka not via the Minecraft Launcher?
    When I click on INSTALL on the Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection in the Microsoft Store, it does nothing.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

I Need Help!

4. Wicked_503 Win User

Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection

Hey PiersG_99,

When buying 'Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection', you will only have the game for Windows 10.

Thanks,
  5. XBF - Amory Win User

Hello there and (belatedly) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Sorry to hear that you've been dealing with this for a while now.

For the first part of your question, unfortunately we don't have a way of guaranteeing a date for when the problem will be resolved. I certainly hope we have a fix soon.

Secondly, you can still download the individual Minecraft for Windows application from the Microsoft Store, which still launches Bedrock alone from the looks of it. To further clarify, make sure you're not downloading the Minecraft for Windows + Launcher, which does include the launcher you're trying to avoid at the moment. Your account should be credited with the individual game, as it was part of the bundle you purchased, so you don't have to download the game through the bundle page only.

I hope this helps tide us over for now!
  6. MEB_2022 Win User

Ok - thanks for the details - but I cannot download the MC windows installer. I go to my MS store, I can see the MC bundle I purchased in Feb, I expand the bundle and it lists the MC for Windows, there is no download option, you can only click the link which then takes me to Minecraft for xbox page - from here it says I own this click to install. I click this and a window opens up with a green launch button at the bottom I click this and nothing happens - the window just disappears, no install file is downloaded. I've been trying to resolve this since before xmas. everyone just says I should be able to download the install file but never looks into the issue of why I cannot do this. Could you look into this properly for me please.

Thank you, Marie
Thema:

1. Minecraft Windows 10 Starter Collection won't download - Similar Threads - Minecraft Windows Starter

2. My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10: It doesn't search on xbox and search bar either 385e9ce1-294e-4976-bfe9-6256c1cc3c49
  3. error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc

in XBoX on Windows
    error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc: hello. I'm having trouble installing the Minecraft Windows/Bedrock version in pc from microsoft store . When I install it, the error code 0x80070005 always appears. Is there a way to get rid of...
  4. Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...: how can I stop getting these invites 157363d0-6835-4b60-86e9-9800ba2f9c9b
  5. Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?: So yesterday I bought Minecraft deluxe edition JAVA and Bedrock. As I proceeded to installation, it displays an error that it couldn't find connection towards the Microsoft Store. After signing in...
  6. Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account: Microsoft is trying to mess with me again. I was asked to log into my account when trying to open the launcher. When i click "Microsoft Login" two blank windows open, one with the xbox logo on it....
  7. minecraft bedrock for windows not loading?

in XBoX on Windows
    minecraft bedrock for windows not loading?: When I was trying to play Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my windows computer, the game was stuck at 34% on the loading screen and sometimes it goes to 40% and then completely freezes. After it stays...
  8. i cant get minecraft on windows even though gamepass says i own it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant get minecraft on windows even though gamepass says i own it: one day i decided i wanted to try minecraft on pc i opened the xbox app and installed the launcher, it said it wanted me to sign in to my microsoft account i went to and it automatically signed me...
  9. LFG function Problem on xbox game bar with minecraft for windows

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    LFG function Problem on xbox game bar with minecraft for windows: Xbox game bar LFG Function dont Work with Minecraft For Windows Every time I click on "Im Interested" on a post it says the post is not available even if it got posted 1 minute ago and if I try...
  10. Minecraft starter collection window 10 recurring purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft starter collection window 10 recurring purchase: I purchased minecraft for windows 10 starter collection and I thought it was a one time purchase. I couldn't see anything about the subscription or repeating charge. When I looked on my chase, the...