Minecraft Windows 10 edition won't update

Discus and support Minecraft Windows 10 edition won't update in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, I've had Minecraft windows 10 edition ever since it came out and it has never had problems updating but I'm trying to play with a friend and theirs... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Sunwardrumble64, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Minecraft Windows 10 edition won't update

Hi, I've had Minecraft windows 10 edition ever since it came out and it has never had problems updating but I'm trying to play with a friend and theirs is on 1.9.0 while mine is stuck on 1.7.1 and I just cannot update it. It won't update on all of my devices,
    my phone, tablet and my laptop which are all using the same account. On another older laptop, I wanted to test to see if that would update, it is with a different account but it was at 1.7.13 and then once it updated went down to 1.7.1? Are there any reasons
    to this? And can I fix it?

:)

Sunwardrumble64, Nov 22, 2018
  2. TRUEoli
    TRUEoli Guest
    How do i get Minecraft Java with the Windows 10 Edition?

So I bought Minecraft Windows 10 edition and I read that if you had Minecraft Java edition you could get the Windows 10 edition. I am just wondering if there is any way to get Minecraft Java edition with the Windows 10 edition. Thanks!

TRUEoli, Nov 22, 2018
  3. SalernoSilva
    SalernoSilva Guest
    Minecraft JavaEdition

I bought the Windows 10 version of Minecraft by mistake, but the one I wanted was the java edition.

I saw that anyone who buys minecraft java edition is entitled to minecraft Windows 10. Is the reverse also true? Who buys minecraft windows 10 is entitled to minecraft java edition?

If so, how do I access the java edition version at no additional cost?

SalernoSilva, Nov 22, 2018
  4. XBF Amber M
    XBF Amber M Guest

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out to us with this issue! Sometimes if your game won't update, it could be that your device itself requires the latest update. I'd recommend checking to see if there is a Windows update available for your device.

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
    2. Select Settings, and then select Update & Security.
    3. On the Windows Update tab, select Check now to see if any updates are available for your device.
    4. Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    5. Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect. Make sure that you save and close any apps that you have open before you restart.
    Give this a try and then attempt to update your game. Here are some other articles/links that may offer you some further solutions:

I hope that this helps and please let us know the results.

XBF Amber M, Nov 22, 2018
  5. Echo4Ent
    Echo4Ent Guest
    Hey there! The Minecraft for Windows 10 Edition is currently at 1.7.1 There are people playing 1.8.x and 1.9.x versions, but they are playing Beta versions of the game. You would need to sign up for the Minecraft Beta, via Xbox Insiders in order to get
    those versions.

You can see the whole release history here: Bedrock Edition version history

And info on each Beta release here: Bedrock Edition version history/Development versions

Echo4Ent, Nov 22, 2018
  6. Thank you very much, there are some updates so I will let them install and get back to you Minecraft Windows 10 edition won't update :)

7. Hi, how would I sign up via Xbox insiders?

8. XBF Javier R
    XBF Javier R Guest

Hello Sun,

The referenced information provided by our Xbox Ambassador can be located here at the
    Minecraft Beta Guide FAQ.

It holds all information regarding how to join, and what comes of it.

Go ahead and check it out and let us know what you think.

Best wishes!

XBF Javier R, Nov 22, 2018
  9. I've tried logging in but it's saying I'm under 18 when I'm not. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it again but it won't let me pick what account to use now it just goes straight to saying that I'm under 18 and can't log me in at this time. Any
    reasons why it might be doing this?

10. XBF Lance J
    XBF Lance J Guest
    Hey Sunward,

Thank you for reaching out. Make sure your account isn't a child account, as only adult accounts can join the

Xbox Insider Program
    . Even if you have your correct date of birth on your Microsoft account, if the account was originally created as a child, it will be considered so until it matures.

XBF Lance J, Nov 6, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: