Minecraft Windows 10 bought, can I use Minecraft Java Edition

Discus and support Minecraft Windows 10 bought, can I use Minecraft Java Edition in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I bought Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. Can I download and use Minecraft Java Edition from minecraft.net with this purchase, or do I need to pay... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by tgggggg100, Aug 19, 2019.

1. tgggggg100
    tgggggg100 Guest

Hi,

I bought Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.

Can I download and use Minecraft Java Edition from minecraft.net with this purchase, or do I need to pay again to get Java Edition?

Thanks

:)

tgggggg100, Aug 19, 2019
  2. SalernoSilva Win User

Minecraft JavaEdition

I bought the Windows 10 version of Minecraft by mistake, but the one I wanted was the java edition.

I saw that anyone who buys minecraft java edition is entitled to minecraft Windows 10. Is the reverse also true? Who buys minecraft windows 10 is entitled to minecraft java edition?

If so, how do I access the java edition version at no additional cost?
  3. soxfan014 Win User

Minecraft will not open via launcher, only through microsoft store.

Hello mimim2,

The Minecraft launcher you are referring to is only for the Java edition of Minecraft. The Java edition and Windows 10, are two separate games. In order to launch and play Minecraft from the launcher you are using in the last image, you must buy the Java
    edition from the site, not the Windows 10 version. Minecraft Java Edition | Minecraft. Annoying I know, but when Microsoft acquired Minecraft they released
    their own version of the game on their platform. Hope this helps

-
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox code for Minecraft WIN10 edition

You can't use the Windows 10 code for Xbox.

Xbox and Windows Minecraft are two separate products.

If you have bought Minecraft Xbox One Edition digitally, you can upgrade to Xbox Minecraft for free.

But owning Windows or Java Minecraft won't give you Xbox Minecraft. Sorry.
  5. JayDelgado Win User

Minecraft Update 1.14

If you bought the Pc version, you don't own the console one. Also on PC there's Minecraft Java edition and Minecraft Windows 10 edition
  6. ZUULIUS Win User

How to fix Minecraft sign in/unlock full game migrated account

I bought the Java Edition and migrated it to the Windows 10 Edition, does this not give me a free version of Windows 10 Edition Minecraft, I have to re-buy it?
Thema:

1. Minecraft Windows 10 bought, can I use Minecraft Java Edition - Similar Threads - Minecraft Windows bought

2. My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10: It doesn't search on xbox and search bar either 385e9ce1-294e-4976-bfe9-6256c1cc3c49
  3. error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc

in XBoX on Windows
    error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc: hello. I'm having trouble installing the Minecraft Windows/Bedrock version in pc from microsoft store . When I install it, the error code 0x80070005 always appears. Is there a way to get rid of...
  4. Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...: how can I stop getting these invites 157363d0-6835-4b60-86e9-9800ba2f9c9b
  5. Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?: So yesterday I bought Minecraft deluxe edition JAVA and Bedrock. As I proceeded to installation, it displays an error that it couldn't find connection towards the Microsoft Store. After signing in...
  6. i bought minecraft java but i can only play windows edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i bought minecraft java but i can only play windows edition: i had bought minecraft java edition from the launcher today and when i got it it only said i could play windows edition i need help it even says i dont own it 221993c4-47d8-44d1-be27-60292a1dad35
  7. I recently bought Minecraft but the Java version only works on Windows 7/8.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently bought Minecraft but the Java version only works on Windows 7/8.: I have downloaded both minecraft launchers, but each launcher seems to be with a different account. Both accounts link back to the same Microsoft account. I was wondering if there is a way to link...
  8. If I bought Minecraft for windows Deluxe edition in 2021 through microsoft store Why does...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I bought Minecraft for windows Deluxe edition in 2021 through microsoft store Why does...: I BOUGHT MINECRAFT FOR WINDOWS DELUXE EDITION Through microsoft store AND it gives only trial edition When i spent around 186 SAR on it. IT STILL SHOWS BUY NOW 7aff2740-c2d7-4ead-8d52-99b12bf09638
  9. I bought minecraft for windows but i cant play it it was working since i bought it untill now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought minecraft for windows but i cant play it it was working since i bought it untill now: I tried reinstalling it I tried opening it from the launcher I tried opening from the microsoft store and whenever I click sign in it says unlock the full version also im trying to add a...
  10. I cant play minecraft windows 10 even though I bought the game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play minecraft windows 10 even though I bought the game.: I purchased minecraft windows 10 edition before it merged with java to become one game, so I cannot download the product I payed for. I have made sure I am logged into the same account that I...