Minecraft Server Connection Error "You need to authenticate to Microsoft services"

Discus and support Minecraft Server Connection Error "You need to authenticate to Microsoft services" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to resolve the error in the title? We are running a vanilla Bedrock server v1.16.210. For the last couple days all members can... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RustlessBobcat4, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Minecraft Server Connection Error "You need to authenticate to Microsoft services"

Does anyone know how to resolve the error in the title? We are running a vanilla Bedrock server v1.16.210. For the last couple days all members can join public Minecraft servers such as CubeCraft, The Hive, etc., but no one can get on to our server. The error message always pops up even though everyone is logged in to their Microsoft accounts. It doesn't seem to matter which device members are attempting to log in from (PC Windows 10, Xbox One, Android devices, Nintendo Switch) they all get this error.

We have tried restarting the server multiple times, uninstall & reinstalling Minecraft, toggling Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety multiplayer setting off and on again, but nothing works.

What does this error mean? It is not very specific.

Edit: We have also tried logging out and back in to Microsoft accounts in game, and removing then adding server back to the list. Still no success. No one can get on to the server.

:)

RustlessBobcat4, Apr 1, 2021
  2. XBF John Win User

Realms

Hello,

Which platform are you on, and which Minecraft are you experiencing this issue with?

Some threads to check out and check their solutions:

This could also be a result of a Network Status error. You can check here: Xbox Status | Xbox Support

There was an issue with Game services this week. Let me know what you try and any other information you can share.

Thanks,

3. IReyVenTz DG Win User

Minecraft: "You need to authenticate to Microsoft services"

Hi!

--------------------

Update: I tried login when iPAD was connected to another network (used my cellphone 4G) and it worked to sign in.

So there is something that is blocking connection (on WiFI) to Microsoft Account over iPAD from inside Minecraft.

As described in #4 below I have tried to open up all ports I can find from readi
    ng but no luck.Please advice; What are the ports used by Microsoft account in Minecraft on iPAD?

--------------------

I have recently purchased Minecraft on iPad but I am unable to play online due to problems connecting to Microsoft Account in game.

I am trying to setup so that me, my daughter and some of her friends can play together online.

Problem Description

I am unable to play on online servers or connect to any minecraft realms.
    I am able to log into my Microsoft account in the game, or at least my GamerTag shows, but when trying to connect to a server I get the error message:

"You need to authenticate to Microsoft services".

Minecraft Realms are no able to load either with the error message:

"We could not connect to Realms right now. We will try again soon"

So I am able to play offline and on LAN but not online due to the errors above.

Microsoft account that I use runs without any restrictions (no children block of online play)

What I have tried

#1 I have confirmed that I can login to the Microsoft account with the Xbox app on the iPad so the credentials are valid.

#2 I have tried switching to a secondary Microsoft account but with the same erroneous result.

#3 I can login to the online servers from my Windows machine that runs on same home network and my network connection is otherwise stable.

#4 UPnP is enabled on router and I anyway opened xbox live port on router specifically (even though it should not be needed as I can login over the xbox live app), but same error.

•Port 88 (UDP)

•Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

•Port 500 (UDP)

•Port 3544 (UDP)

•Port 4500 (UDP)

Updated: I also updated port forward to include:

UDP: 53, 1863, 3075, 16000

TCP: 53, 80, 1863, 3075, 16000

#5 Started hosting an online server with exact version as the IPadOS bedrock version, but same error.

System Info

Minecraft version: 1.14.30 (updated to latest)

iPad 10.2 7thGen

iPadOS 13.4

I would really appreciate some support in order to get this working.

I am happy to provide additional information on request.

Thanks in advance

Anders
  4. Mnikpro Win User

there is the same problem again
  5. AndersMarkendahl Win User

Hi Forjo!

The problem I am experiencing is not related to the bedrock server.

As the problem description states, this problem is about connecting to Microsoft account and is not related to the bedrock_server I am running locally. Problem is the same when trying to login to Microsoft account in general when using the IPAD on the WIFI.

Thanks

Anders
  6. ForjoAtinxan Win User

The Bedrock server executable must be run with administrator permissions.

Right-click bedrock_server.exe

Click Properties

Click Compatibility

Click Change settings for all users

Click to select "Run this program as an administrator"

Click OK twice.

-Forjo
Thema:

Minecraft Server Connection Error "You need to authenticate to Microsoft services"

1. Minecraft Server Connection Error "You need to authenticate to Microsoft services" - Similar Threads - Minecraft Server Connection

2. I can't connect to Mojang servers in Minecraft Dungeons

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect to Mojang servers in Minecraft Dungeons: Good afternoon, I play on PS 5 in Ukraine, SunGood afternoon, I play on PS 5 in Ukraine, everything has always been fine, but since yesterday I cannot connect to the Mojang servers and play the...
  3. Minecraft servers not connecting over ethernet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft servers not connecting over ethernet.: Hey, I'm , and I live in Canberra, Australia. I'm the owner of a server Called ADSCRAFT, and I just got a new computer to be able to play it better, as I was previously simply doing it off an old...
  4. Minecraft server xbox account unable to connect

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft server xbox account unable to connect: Hi there I have a minecraft server where one of the memeber is unable to join he has tried on 3 seperate devices but still receives the error message saying unable to join the world does anyone...
  5. Can't connect to servers on minecraft.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't connect to servers on minecraft.: I play windows 11 on minecraft and I love playing "Hive", a public server minecraft offers and it worked fine yesterday, I tried joining on my sisters windows 10 and it worked fine. Ive restarted...
  6. If I want to connect to the server in Minecraft, do I have to join xbox live gold?

in XBoX on Windows
    If I want to connect to the server in Minecraft, do I have to join xbox live gold?: Hello, If I want to connect to the server in Minecraft, do I have to join xbox live gold? 9e4b7919-3170-4b14-9fdd-c03c79e7bbad
  7. minecraft stuck on connecting to server

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft stuck on connecting to server: when i try to join a server on 1.20.2 it gets stuck on connecting to server and when i try the same thing on 1.8.9 it crashes my game when i join a server, ive already deleted my .minecraft folder...
  8. minecraft but when i tre to join minecraft say i cant connect to the server i please help...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft but when i tre to join minecraft say i cant connect to the server i please help...: Hi yesterday I was trying to play on zeqa.net on minecraft but when i tre to join minecraft say i cant 1bc7cb38-e280-4cec-bf3b-27a0653539c5
  9. I'm unable to connect to featured servers on Minecraft Bedrock

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm unable to connect to featured servers on Minecraft Bedrock: So I've been having a problem for about a month now where I can't join any Minecraft Bedrock featured servers such as Cubecraft and The Hive. Sometimes it lets me join, but most times it says...
  10. Can't connect to server - Azure Marketplace Minecraft Server from Tidal Media Inc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't connect to server - Azure Marketplace Minecraft Server from Tidal Media Inc: I've created/purchased a Java Minecraft Server on Windows Server 2019 that is supplied in the Azure Marketplace by Tidal Media Inc. I create the service/VM through the Azure portal, then open...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. minecraft keeps telling me to authincfate to microsoft seveices how do i do that