Minecraft saying I have a trial version even though I own it on Xbox and Mobile

Discus and support Minecraft saying I have a trial version even though I own it on Xbox and Mobile in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My minecraft game is saying I own a trial version, even though I have the full game on xbox and my mobile device, It is trying to make me buy the game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TeenyMango, Feb 26, 2023.

1. TeenyMango
    TeenyMango Guest

My minecraft game is saying I own a trial version, even though I have the full game on xbox and my mobile device, It is trying to make me buy the game and I am getting frustrated as my friend doesnt own game pass or minecraft for windows and he is allowed to play minecraft and I cannot.

:)

TeenyMango, Feb 26, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi TeenyMango!

Sorry to hear about that. Please be advised that Minecraft for Windows is a different platform of game to play. You must purchase the game through that platform in order to play it.

Your friend may be able to play Minecraft for Windows if one of his family members signed in their account that owns the game through the Microsoft Store. Any profile they sign in to Xbox app can access the game so long as the owner's account is signed in to the Microsoft Store.
  3. RobertCamacho Jr. Win User

Need to buy Minecraft again after migration?

For me it opens up the Launcher recognizing my minecraft name but for the Java version (which I previously owned under Majong) it says I can PLAY DEMO. For the Minecraft for Windows it says I can PLAY TRIAL. But I already own Minecraft.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Can't launch Minecraft Bedrock from Minecraft Launcher

I see. Possible that you were able to play it on PC as free trial before. The Minecraft version on mobile and PC must be purchased separately. The version on mobile is different from PC.
  5. Jon.Bell Win User

How can you tell if you own a game that's currently on gamepass or just a trial?

So in the Xbox store it says that I OWN the game, but I actually only own the trial version. If the game is on gamepass, the option is "installable" meaning I don't own it. It's installable because it's on gamepass, but if the game offers a trial and I've downloaded that trial, the store says I OWN the game. This has caused me to purchase DLC for a game I only own the trial for. I need to know how to tell if a game I have is only the trial version of the full game.
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Minecraft says I need to purchase the full version even though I own the game.

Hi Joseph, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Did you migrate your account?

If you’ve missed your chance to migrate, you no longer have access to your Java Edition account or Minecraft: Java Edition. To continue playing Minecraft, you will have to buy Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition using a Microsoft account.

Please, take a look here: https://help.minecraft.net/hc/articles/19633473939981

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Minecraft saying I have a trial version even though I own it on Xbox and Mobile - Similar Threads - Minecraft saying trial

2. I'm trying to use twitch on Xbox to stream Minecraft but it's saying I need to subscription...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to use twitch on Xbox to stream Minecraft but it's saying I need to subscription...: It's saying I need to have a subscription to broadcast I don't know what this means but I've looked at some other people and people are saying that it means they need to login with their Twitch...
  3. It says my minecraft tiktok cape already is claimed.

in XBoX on Windows
    It says my minecraft tiktok cape already is claimed.: I play on computer and have tried to redeem the code in both the Minecraft and Microsoft website and it still says its already is claimed. I would really like to have the cape so I would...
  4. IT SAYS THAT THE MINECRAFT TIKTOK CAPE IT CANNOT BE CLAIMED IN MY COUNTRY, I LIVE IN SPAIN...

in XBoX on Windows
    IT SAYS THAT THE MINECRAFT TIKTOK CAPE IT CANNOT BE CLAIMED IN MY COUNTRY, I LIVE IN SPAIN...: IT SAYS THAT THE MINECRAFT TIKTOK CAPE IT CANNOT BE CLAIMED IN MY COUNTRY, I LIVE IN SPAIN AND OTHERS IN SPAIN HAVE THE TIKTOK CAPE SO I DONT UNDERSTAND, PLEASE HELP ME...
  5. Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...: Now I don't know if I can still retrieve that account but respond if you have some answers. 7325936b-404b-4154-950a-cedcc8da6c36
  6. i purchase the minecraft and how he is saying to repurchase it how to fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    i purchase the minecraft and how he is saying to repurchase it how to fix it: i purchase the minecraft at 17/3/2024 than i play it 3 to 4 day than on 23/3/2024 it saying to purchase agen but how can it possible i can not play the minecraft how to fix it in minecraft.net and...
  7. Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store"

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store": I've tried other threads that have had this issue. I've restarted my PC, reset Microsoft Store, reinstalled gaming services, checked for updates with Xbox app (which is a separate issue at first...
  8. My mcpe won't let me import any skins and it always says it isn't a Minecraft skin even...

in XBoX on Windows
    My mcpe won't let me import any skins and it always says it isn't a Minecraft skin even...: Whenever I try to import a skin it won't work, how do I fix this??? 66511f7a-3450-4d55-ba9a-5a463e8b7572
  9. i cant get minecraft on windows even though gamepass says i own it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant get minecraft on windows even though gamepass says i own it: one day i decided i wanted to try minecraft on pc i opened the xbox app and installed the launcher, it said it wanted me to sign in to my microsoft account i went to and it automatically signed me...
  10. My microsoft account says that I have not bought Minecraft and I am wondering why I have to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microsoft account says that I have not bought Minecraft and I am wondering why I have to...: My entire childhood was Minecraft and I wanted to play some more for nostalgia but logging in has shown that I apparently do not own it. Not sure what is going on but I am frustrated. I am 100%...