Minecraft on new gaming PC is not installing, as required login to Microsoft store only...

Discus and support Minecraft on new gaming PC is not installing, as required login to Microsoft store only... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had purchased Minecraft for my son using a free Microsoft account. He now has a new gaming PC and it won't install the Minecraft, App unless we... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nina Jibo, Feb 8, 2023.

1. Nina Jibo
    Nina Jibo Guest

Minecraft on new gaming PC is not installing, as required login to Microsoft store only...

I had purchased Minecraft for my son using a free Microsoft account. He now has a new gaming PC and it won't install the Minecraft, App unless we connect to the Microsoft store with a business or school account. We managed to download the launcher, but can't proceed with the install as it won't recognise the personal Microsoft account currently linked to the game. How can I link my son's existing Minecraft account from the free personal Microsoft account to my business 360 account?

:)

Nina Jibo, Feb 8, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Minecraft on new gaming PC is not installing, as required login to Microsoft store only works with business account

Hi Nina! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

A personal account and a business account cannot be linked with each other.

May I know where did you directly purchase the game Minecraft? Which store specifically online?

If you used his own personal account, please confirm on his account order history via https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/ if the order of the game Minecraft says completed.
  3. wi7bit Win User

Minecraft on new gaming PC is not installing, as required login to Microsoft store only works with business account

Hi Nina.

It wasn't me that said you can't link accounts because you can locally on the laptop.

Are you able to upload a screenshot of the sign-in issue? as I'm not sure why it is asking you this, as you cannot add a work or school account to the Microsoft store.

Again, please let me know if this is Windows 10 or Windows 11.
  4. Nina Jibo1 Win User

I have bought the game through Mojaang via my personal Microsoft account 2 years ago and it used to work fine on our old apple laptop. I can't see anything in the order history which seems strange?
  5. wi7bit Win User

Hi Nina

It sounds like the new laptop has been setup using a work or school account (i.e. Microsoft 365 Business). is this correct and did you mean to do this? If so, is it Windows 10 or Windows 11?

If this were supposed to be for personal and business use, I would have initially set it up using a Microsoft account and added your business account afterwards. Then your son could have his own log-in details using Microsoft Family Safety, allowing you to manage restrictions etc.

Microsoft Family Safety | Online Safety & Digital Wellbeing

The Microsoft store will only sign-in using a Microsoft account (not a work or school account) so because you have setup the laptop with a business account, this may be blocked.
  6. Nina Jibo1 Win User

We understand that the two accounts can not be linked. My son has set up the PC with his personal Microsoft account. But I have bought the game through Mojaang via my personal Microsoft account. It is however asking us to log into the store with a business or school account. I was hoping to link Minecraft with my business account instead of my personal account and make it work that way around.
Thema:

1. Minecraft on new gaming PC is not installing, as required login to Microsoft store only... - Similar Threads - Minecraft gaming installing

2. Looking For Group on Xbox Game Bar doesn't detect that I am playing Minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Looking For Group on Xbox Game Bar doesn't detect that I am playing Minecraft: I used to have no problems with the looking for group widget in the Xbox game bar. Now, every time I play Minecraft (Windows Version) it fails to detect that I am playing it. Every time I go to...
  3. Minecraft screen freezes while the game is still running

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft screen freezes while the game is still running: When I play Minecraft everything is perfect until at one point the screen freezes while in reality the game continues to run so that I hear the voices of villagers, animals, water, etc. I tried...
  4. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  5. Minecraft not working even though i have gold and i paid for game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft not working even though i have gold and i paid for game.: i bought minecraft in 2019 and now it is saying i cannot play with how my account is set up even though i have xbox gold. And is now saying i need to pay for xbox ultimate when i click fix this...
  6. Minecraft max numbers of same user inside of game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft max numbers of same user inside of game.: I purchased the Bedrock version of Minecraft but am not able to join the local server with the other 2 ios purchased software. It worked with 2 of the same user but not 3. Well technically it...
  7. Error 0x80073d19 - Can't install new games/Minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80073d19 - Can't install new games/Minecraft: Can't seem to figure this one out. Says "Something unexpected happened." and gives this error code 0x80073d19 602466b2-0b6b-4706-bb99-8d1704e3fb73
  8. Gaming Services isnt working and I can't install Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services isnt working and I can't install Minecraft: I have been trying to install minecraft but everytime I try to install it, it starts with it saying its updating windows, which is actually "updating gaming services" my windows is up to date and...
  9. I have two minecraft games installed and I can’t uninstall either of them does anyone know...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have two minecraft games installed and I can’t uninstall either of them does anyone know...: Does anyone know how I can fix this issue with me having two Minecraft’s d78dab61-ebdf-4de3-b58d-5c4d5c4d179d
  10. Why is the minecraft launcher re-directing me to the Microsoft Store to install Gaming...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is the minecraft launcher re-directing me to the Microsoft Store to install Gaming...: I am on the latest version of windows, so I don't understand. I saw another thread like this and it said to update windows. 573932db-f40a-477c-8303-74e9e57169ed