Minecraft no longer owned after moving to Series X

Discus and support Minecraft no longer owned after moving to Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've owned minecraft on my Xbox One S for years now and recently upgraded to a Series X. Just today I tried to install it but noticed it was absent... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Luna4627, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Luna4627
    Luna4627 Guest

I've owned minecraft on my Xbox One S for years now and recently upgraded to a Series X. Just today I tried to install it but noticed it was absent from my library. I checked the Xbox store and noticed that it gave me the "purchase" prompt instead of "install". Where exactly did my game go? (Also before anyone asks, yes I am referring to the bedrock edition and not the Xbox One Edition)

:)

Luna4627, Dec 1, 2023
  2. Luna4627 Win User

I did have other profiles added, however I know for a fact that the game came from the primary account I use, as I played it before I even had the other accounts.

As for the order history, the earliest transaction recorded in it is 2019, and I'm confident I made purchases, including the game in question before that year.
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

I advise checking your email inbox for a purchase confirmation email for the game. And to be certain, double check the game wasn't a disc in your One S or purchased on the other profiles.

As we don't have insight into accounts please contact Microsoft Support for further help with missing games: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus

Thanks,
    Kyle
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Luna4627. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Did you have any other Xbox profiles added to your One S? It's possible the game came from a different profile.

Check your order history to see if the game shows there: https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

External SSD on Xbox Series X?

The games on the SSD will run fine on it. You won't need to move them to the Xbox Series X storage to play them. Only the Xbox Series X games & games optimized for Series X will need to be played on the consoles own storage.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X eternal hard drive

Hi,

If your game is now a Series X optimised title, it can no longer be played off an external hard drive. It must be moved to either the internal storage or an optional expansion card.

External USB hard drives are too slow to play Series X optimised games. None Series X games will still run from your external drive. The internal storage in the Series X is a fast NVME SSD. These drives are several times faster than mechanical hard drives.
Thema:

1. Minecraft no longer owned after moving to Series X - Similar Threads - Minecraft longer owned

2. Microsoft account no longer owns minecraft java edition

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account no longer owns minecraft java edition: I bought minecraft a long time ago and migrated my account on June 30th 2022, but when I tried to log back into my minecraft account through microsoft, it forced me to create a new xbox gamer tag...
  3. No longer owning minecraft after xbox gamepass trial.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No longer owning minecraft after xbox gamepass trial.: Hello. I owned minecraft long before. I migrated my minecraft account to mojang 1 year or 2 ago. 3 months ago i claimed the nitro gamepass sub gift for 3 months with the same email and my...
  4. No longer own Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No longer own Minecraft: At first when the merge happened, everything was fine, but now when I open the Minecraft launcher it says I no longer own Minecraft java when I have owned for nearly 10 years now. This is very...
  5. I no longer own the minecraft (java) copy after a 6-month break

in XBoX Accessibility
    I no longer own the minecraft (java) copy after a 6-month break: OS: Windows 10 & 11 Minecraft version: Java I purchased the full game, migrated from Mojang to Microsoft back in November 2021, and was able to play minecraft just fine. Then I took a break...
  6. I own Minecraft java but after migrating to Microsoft my account no longer works and when I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I own Minecraft java but after migrating to Microsoft my account no longer works and when I...: [img] Whenever I go to my accounts it shows me my Mojang account and Microsoft account. My Microsoft account only lets me play the demo and I have literally 0 access to the game I bought. Also...
  7. After migrating my mojang account I no longer own minecraft java edition.

in XBoX Accessibility
    After migrating my mojang account I no longer own minecraft java edition.: I migrated my minecraft account with a minecon cape to a microsoft account a few days ago, everything seemed to be going fine, I got the email that the account migration had been completed, but...
  8. No longer Own Minecraft, but can`t Buy it either

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No longer Own Minecraft, but can`t Buy it either: Ok so recently I felt like playing Minecraft again, so I went to Mojang to redownload it. Had to merge my account with my Microsoft account so I did that. Then it gave me the choice to either...
  9. I Somehow No Longer Own Minecraft After Migrating Account from Mojang to Microsoft,

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Somehow No Longer Own Minecraft After Migrating Account from Mojang to Microsoft,: I finally migrated my account from Mojang to Microsoft and now it's saying I can only play the demo. I was under the Java Edition, but now, after creating the Microsoft account that it was...
  10. I no longer own minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I no longer own minecraft: I bought Minecraft java edition about 1 or 2 years ago and I have just switched computers and I went to download it and it says I no longer own the game. 43a74062-9b8c-42b6-a08f-b37c9886c14a