Minecraft Multiplayer is greyed out, tried several solutions to make this work, but nothing...

Discus and support Minecraft Multiplayer is greyed out, tried several solutions to make this work, but nothing... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying for a while to access Minecraft Multiplayer but it is greyed out, saying I need to change my Microsoft account settings, and I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AntonAU, Jan 6, 2024.

1. AntonAU
    AntonAU Guest

Minecraft Multiplayer is greyed out, tried several solutions to make this work, but nothing...

I have been trying for a while to access Minecraft Multiplayer but it is greyed out, saying I need to change my Microsoft account settings, and I have tried changing my family role to organiser, changing my security/privacy settings on Xbox and Microsoft family settings to have everything enabled, but to no avail. I am of age, and it still prevents me from accessing Multiplayer. If anyone could help, that would be greatly appreciated. I will try to respond to see if any of these solutions have worked as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time.

:)

AntonAU, Jan 6, 2024
  2. AntonAU Win User

Minecraft Multiplayer is greyed out, tried several solutions to make this work, but nothing works.

nvm i just fixed this by watching some indian dude do a tutorial
  3. dieHaselmaus Win User

Xbox One-s Controller Volume Greyed Out

Hi, Did you find a solution? I am having the same issue, since around early January 2019. The headset works perfectly fine on all other devices, and the volume option is greyed out in settings. I've tried several times to fix it with no success.
  4. Haris Šabotić Win User

Minecraft multiplayer greyed out

Hello Rodrigo,

There is no option In Enable Minecraft in the app

Is there way I can try fix this?
  5. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Minecraft Multiplayer greyed out

Hi Brandon! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Minecraft account.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Based on the error message, it appears the system has detected that your account is a child account. Your account needs to be in a family group as a family member in order to fix the issue.

A child account is registered on the birthdate 21 years old and below upon the account's first creation while an adult account is registered on the birthdate 22 years old and older. Even if you change the date of birth, the system will still follow the original date of birth registered when the account is created.

Note: The solution to this issue may take a lot of steps.

Here's what you need to do please create a new Microsoft adult account with a new email address on account.microsoft.com

Once you have the adult account, sign in to account.microsoft.com > Family settings > then add your child/main account as a "Family member"

Note: Ensure that your adult account is the "Organizer", and your child/main account is the "Family Member" to make this work.

Once you have successfully added your main/child account to your Microsoft family, you can proceed to manage your child account's privacy settings using your adult account according to the official Xbox website: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...ttings by selecting View details & customize.

"Sign in to your adult Microsoft account at Xbox.com.

Select your Gamertag, and then select the More actions button (…).

Select Xbox settings, and then select Privacy & Online Safety.

Note: Because you’re accessing sensitive info, you may have to enter your password or PIN.

Select the gamertag for the child/main account that you want to manage.

Select either the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety tab or the Privacy tab.

Review the current settings and update all of the options as "Allow" and "Everyone", and then select Submit to save the changes.

Note: You must select Submit at the bottom of the page before leaving or switching to another tab. If you don't submit the changes before you move to the other tab, your changes won't be saved."

Then check if you're able to play Minecraft multiplayer on your main account. It may take at least 24 hours to make sure the changes will be applied.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  6. Haris Šabotić Win User

Minecraft multiplayer greyed out

No, this is my account, I have set my age to be 24 years(05. dec. 2000)
Thema:

1. Minecraft Multiplayer is greyed out, tried several solutions to make this work, but nothing... - Similar Threads - Minecraft Multiplayer greyed

2. Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...: Everytime i go to multiplayer help and nothing there really helps. Please reach out to me about how to fix this I have been trying for so long. 38b8a54e-8bd6-49e0-96bd-304fc186760b
  3. How do you enable Minecraft multiplayer??

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do you enable Minecraft multiplayer??: I've tried everything recommended, linked my account, enabled the settings on the Xbox site, yet I still can't e18fcb1e-4324-4cfa-b632-fc125b69b40e
  4. multiplayer with friends on minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    multiplayer with friends on minecraft: I'm trying to play multiplayer minecraft with my friends on xbox one and it says I can't because of how my microsoft account is set up. I went through everything I could find to fix it, my...
  5. When I enable multiplayer it works for bedrock but not for java Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I enable multiplayer it works for bedrock but not for java Minecraft: I just got the pack for Minecraft giving me Bedrock and Java Edition. After enabling lots of permissions using the Xbox Family Settings app, I can only use Multiplayer and friend features of...
  6. Multiplayer Function in Minecraft on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiplayer Function in Minecraft on PC: I want to buy Minecraft on my PC to play online with my friends but I don't know if the Multiplayer function on PC is free or costs extra money. Also, I already own Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my...
  7. Minecraft Java addition multiplayer greyed out

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java addition multiplayer greyed out: Hello, My son just got a new computer and we installed minecraft (java and bedrock edition) on it. He is able to play multiplayer on the bedrock edition, but the java edition has the button...
  8. Minecraft Multiplayer greyed out

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Multiplayer greyed out: PLEASE HELP ME, THIS TOPIC IS ABOUT MINECRAFT. I'm on a pc and I have allowed all the options for multiplayer, and yet my multiplayer button is still greyed out and with the same message;...
  9. I got minecraft today, and I was trying to play multiplayer, but the button is greyed out...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got minecraft today, and I was trying to play multiplayer, but the button is greyed out...: I don't know why it's greyed out. I've already gone and checked that multiplayer, and other buttons are allowed. I even blocked it and allowed it again, but the button was still grey without a...
  10. Multiplayer greyed out - Minecraft Java

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Multiplayer greyed out - Minecraft Java: Trying to get my kid's minecraft account set up so she can connect with the rest of the family via local server. I've set up her account exactly the same as my son's, but the multiplayer options...