Minecraft Launcher wont (re)install.

Discus and support Minecraft Launcher wont (re)install. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have recently tried to open my minecraft launcher before it redirects me to the microsoft store in order to update. I click download/update and after... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Misty4Life, Sep 6, 2023.

1. Misty4Life
    Misty4Life Guest

I have recently tried to open my minecraft launcher before it redirects me to the microsoft store in order to update. I click download/update and after about 5 seconds it comes up with an error - "something happened on our end". The error code is 0x80070490. I have tried many things, ensuring everything is up to date, but nothing seems to be working. Can anyone find a fix? Thanks.

:)

Misty4Life, Sep 6, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Misty4Life,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having trouble updating your Minecraft launcher. This error code usually indicates a problem with the Windows Update service or the Microsoft Store cache. Here are some steps you can try to fix it:

- Run the Windows Update troubleshooter. To do this, go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters > Windows Update > Run the troubleshooter. Follow the instructions on the screen and restart your PC if prompted.

- Reset the Microsoft Store cache. To do this, press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box. Type wsreset.exe and press Enter. Wait for the command to finish and restart your PC.

- Reset the Microsoft Store app. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced options > Reset. This will delete the app's data and settings, so you may need to sign in again and re-download your apps.

Please see: Minecraft Launcher Troubleshooting FAQ | Minecraft Help

I hope this helps you resolve your issue. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Have a great day!
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. AdenBoyer Win User

Migration and playing the game

I never bought Minecraft using Microsoft, only through Mojang. and it wont let me install the launcher
  5. LouieAndrade Win User

Minecraft Launcher not opening

I went to re-install it and now Minecraft Launcher won't even freaking install. NOTHING will. What do I do?
  6. Alex Boland Win User

(0x87e50038) Error

it wont work minecraft launcher wont work
Thema:

1. Minecraft Launcher wont (re)install. - Similar Threads - Minecraft Launcher wont

2. Minecraft Bedrock wont launch on Windows 11 PC. Launcher closes if you press play on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock wont launch on Windows 11 PC. Launcher closes if you press play on...: Bedrock absolutely refuses to launch. The only time it launches is if it is set to preview mode, and not the latest release. Java works completely fine, but bedrock closes the launcher and doesn't...
  3. help please, minecraft launcher wont start offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    help please, minecraft launcher wont start offline: when i try to start the minecraft launcher online, it works right. but all of a sudden when i try it offline, it gives me error code (0x1), only telling me "the game has crashed." i tried updating...
  4. Minecraft launcher wont open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft launcher wont open: For some odd reason my Minecraft launcher wont open when ever I try to it takes me to the Microsoft store and shows me the gaming services i recently deleted a lot of junk so I may of accidently...
  5. wont let me sign into minecraft launcher on the web for the microsoft option

in XBoX Games and Apps
    wont let me sign into minecraft launcher on the web for the microsoft option: it says https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/login?error=InternalServerError&error_description=Some+exception+happenen#state=login and wont let me login please help 2963a720-6062-4c51-8089-290b71382aa6
  6. Minecraft Legacy Launcher Wont Open, "Unable to Update Native Launcher"

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Legacy Launcher Wont Open, "Unable to Update Native Launcher": I am running Windows 7, which I know is unsupported but the legacy launcher still is so I thought I'd give this a try after MojangTech Support ghosted me. I am trying to play Minecraft Java. I...
  7. My minecraft launcher wont recognize my microsoft store account

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft launcher wont recognize my microsoft store account: My minecraft launcher says that my microsoft store and launcher accounts must be the same. But they are the very same account. tried uninstalling and reinstalling both, launcher and store. tried...
  8. Minecraft Launcher wont work on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher wont work on PC: My Minecraft launcher wont update on my PC. The left image is through Microsoft store, and the right is through Xbox app. I cant find anyone who has this same problem. [img]...
  9. My Minecraft launcher wont update on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    My Minecraft launcher wont update on PC: I've tried everything, the error number it gives me on the Xbox app is 0x87e00027, but on Microsoft store it just says error. I cant find anything about this online anywhere....
  10. Minecraft Launcher wont update. Loop.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Launcher wont update. Loop.: Everytime I open the Minecraft launcher, it says it's updating. And when I open the launcher it states "A new launcher update is ready. Restart the Launcher to use the lastest version". However if...