Minecraft launcher won’t open “This app can’t open- this app can’t open because it cannot...

Discus and support Minecraft launcher won’t open “This app can’t open- this app can’t open because it cannot... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; so one day i wanted to open my minecraft launcher to play minecraft but a message popped up saying it cannot be found and that the storage device is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ezrqq, Oct 11, 2022.

1. ezrqq
    ezrqq Guest

Minecraft launcher won’t open “This app can’t open- this app can’t open because it cannot...

so one day i wanted to open my minecraft launcher to play minecraft but a message popped up saying it cannot be found and that the storage device is missing or disconnected.

now i have deleted and reinstalled minecraft launcher, used %appdata% and deleted the .minecraft folder, and now i am stumped. i’m not sure what to do

:)

ezrqq, Oct 11, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Minecraft launcher won’t open “This app can’t open- this app can’t open because it cannot be found,,”

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this ezrqq

Please double check and try the next:

Uninstall first the current Minecraft launcher.

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too.

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > system > storage > advance storage options (only windows 11) > where new content is saved > under apps select the C: drive

Then, go back to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and install Minecraft launcher using the Xbox app instead
  3. pelauk Win User

Minecraft dungeons wont install

Im afraid this had no effect.

Now when I launch Xbox, I am unable to open minecraft launcher at all.

Error:
    "Minecraft Launcher can’t open because it can’t be found. The storage device might be missing or disconnected."

[​IMG]

Please help.
  4. markff(2) Win User

Issue with game pass installs when migrating drives

To provide a little more info, some games do nothing when I click play in the game pass app, or try the desktop shortcut.

Others will begin to open or show a launcher and then display this error popup:

{GAME NAME} can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected.
  5. Splatimation Win User

gamepass for minecraft bedrock on pc

I open the minecraft launcher, log into my account, and then doesn’t let me play minecraft, i can use the minecraft launcher in the xbox app using gamepass, but cannot play minecraft
  6. KoltynDodd Win User

Can't Open Windows Minecraft Launcher

Omg thank u I had a error similar to that where every time I try to open the new Minecraft windows launcher it opens MICROSOFT store and won’t let me use the launcher tab
Thema:

1. Minecraft launcher won’t open “This app can’t open- this app can’t open because it cannot... - Similar Threads - Minecraft launcher won’t

2. Minecraft launcher refuses to install and I do not know why

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft launcher refuses to install and I do not know why: Hello, I am currently dealing with an issue where Minecraft launcher refuses to work on my newly built pc. Windows 11 is activated and up to date and I have tried a variety of troubleshooting...
  3. Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in...

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in...: i cant download minecraft can you help my pls e9460034-a365-4c2d-86ae-1648bc3ded80
  4. I can't start minecraft launcher or the xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't start minecraft launcher or the xbox app: About a week ago, I started having a problem that makes an error code appear when trying to launch minecraft. [img] At the same time a problem occurred that made my xbox app not start instead...
  5. Unable to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Minecraft Launcher: I tried to install the new 1.20.5 version of Minecraft and it kept crashing, so I uninstalled the launcher and now trying to re-install it won't work. I've: 1. Restarted my PC several times 2....
  6. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  7. I have purchased Minecraft on my MacBook Pro, but the launcher is not working, what do I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have purchased Minecraft on my MacBook Pro, but the launcher is not working, what do I...: Each time I try to open it, it says the launcher is not responding. If it is just not going to work, how can I get a refund? 4321be62-e20b-4125-bde6-f9a5c176ccf9
  8. Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher: I'm trying to open Minecraft Launcher and everytime I get hit with: "Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s...
  9. why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?: hello ! i bought minecraft two days ago and have been greeted with the error code "(-2015294512)" every time i have tried to launch the game. i've linked a video below to show what's going on....
  10. Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account: I'm logged into my account on the launcher, it shows up and everything. When I go to play Java, it says I need to add a username. When I enter the one I already have it says it's in use, despite...