Minecraft launcher says "Buy now" instead of "Play"

Discus and support Minecraft launcher says "Buy now" instead of "Play" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; About 10 years ago I purchased Minecraft form the official minecraft.net website. Back then Mojang still owned the game. Fast forward to a few months... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by miljenko0103, Sep 23, 2023.

1. miljenko0103
    miljenko0103 Guest

About 10 years ago I purchased Minecraft form the official minecraft.net website. Back then Mojang still owned the game. Fast forward to a few months ago my Microsoft account got hacked and I managed to get it back but now I can't seem to launch Minecraft. I migrated my account from Mojang to Microsoft even before this account got hacked. Now when I log in to the launcher it says "Buy now" like I've never even bought it. Also when I request a reset password email from minecraft.net I don't get anything.

:)

miljenko0103, Sep 23, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Łukasz! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Minecraft game.

Based on your description, the error suggests that the system can't find the Minecraft game license on your Microsoft account.

It might be possible that the game was purchased on a different account but using the same payment method.

In order to fix this, you will need to find the Microsoft account where your Minecraft game license was purchased.

Kindly sign in to all of your Microsoft email accounts on account.microsoft.com > payment and billing > order history > select the date of range when you purchased your Minecraft game.

From there, check if you have the Minecraft transactions. If you have found the transactions, use the same Microsoft account to log in to Microsoft Store and Minecraft Launcher.

If you're unable to find the Minecraft game transaction, check your other Microsoft email accounts' order history.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello miljenko0103,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble launching Minecraft. This sounds like a frustrating situation.

There are a few possible reasons why you might not be able to access your Minecraft account after migrating it to Microsoft. Another reason is that there might be a glitch or an error in the migration process that caused your Minecraft account to be disconnected from your Microsoft account.

To help you resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

- First, make sure that you have the latest version of the Minecraft launcher installed on your device. You can download it from Download Minecraft & Server Software | Minecraft.

- Second, try to sign in to your Microsoft account on the Minecraft launcher using the same email and password that you used to migrate your Minecraft account. If you don't remember your password, you can reset it from Recover your account (live.com).

- Third, check if your Minecraft purchase is still visible on your Microsoft account. You can do this by going to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders and looking for Minecraft in your order history. If you don't see it there, you might need to contact Microsoft support to restore your purchase.

- Fourth, if you still can't launch Minecraft, you might need to contact Mojang support to verify your ownership of the game. You can do this by going to Contact Us | Minecraft Help and filling out the form with your details and proof of purchase.

I hope these steps will help you get back to playing Minecraft soon. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know. I'm here to assist you.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  5. Vedran Ille Win User

I bought minecraft a long time ago, and played it just a week before, but now i am being told that i do not own the game aft caund that i can only play the demo.

Hello Josef.

The error i mentioned that happened after i clicked buy it now the first time and it said i do indeed have minecraft. After clicking ok, and error saying "sorry we were unable to get your account information. please restart your launcher" appeared in the top left. When i restarted nothing changed and when i clicked buy it now again i am now instead prompted to buy minecraft again.
  6. JoelDavis3 Win User

Minecraft Migration/Login errors

I hit buy now and it is making me buy the game. It also says in the bottom left that it cannot connect to minecraft services on the launcher.
Thema:

1. Minecraft launcher says "Buy now" instead of "Play" - Similar Threads - Minecraft launcher says

2. I bought Minecraft through the Minecraft website but in the launcher it still says buy now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft through the Minecraft website but in the launcher it still says buy now: I just bought Normal Minecraft which includes Minecraft Java, Minecraft Bedrock, and the Minecraft launcher but after downloading and opening the Minecraft launcher it still tells me to buy...
  3. The minecraft launcher says i have to buy the game even though i already own it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    The minecraft launcher says i have to buy the game even though i already own it.: A week or so ago i switched over to a new pc. Upon downloading the minecraft launcher on this new pc and signing in to my microsoft account it states that i do not own minecraft and have to...
  4. I bought Minecraft Bedrock in 2019, and now it says "buy now" when I open the launcher.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft Bedrock in 2019, and now it says "buy now" when I open the launcher.: I bought minecraft in 2019, from the Microsoft store and I have played it until recently when they started their migration and "If you have one, you get the other". I never received Java, and it...
  5. The Minecraft Launcher is saying it can't connect to the microsoft store. I've tried...

in XBoX Accessibility
    The Minecraft Launcher is saying it can't connect to the microsoft store. I've tried...: I've tried everything I could find and think of. I have windows 10, but the latest launcher is the previous one which doesn't have bedrock edition, all the previous updates and a few other...
  6. Minecraft launcher is saying I don't own the game but I found the receipt in my email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft launcher is saying I don't own the game but I found the receipt in my email: I wanted to play minecraft again and I figured out how to get the new launcher working but now it says I don't own the Java edition. I went in my email and found the receipt from when I bought it...
  7. My Minecraft launcher says "There’s a problem with Minecraft Launcher. Reinstall the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Minecraft launcher says "There’s a problem with Minecraft Launcher. Reinstall the...: I'm trying to download the new Minecraft launcher and for some reason I don't have the Microsoft store. 08e22426-a465-4362-bb6b-51fa76324a37
  8. I bought java minecraft, but the launcher says I didn't.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought java minecraft, but the launcher says I didn't.: I recently bought Minecraft: Java Edition. But, when I access the launcher, it says that I haven't bought it. When I press on the "Buy now" button, it says that I have bought the game afterall,...
  9. I HAVE MINECRAFT DUNGEONS BUT MINECRAFT LAUNCHER SAY I NEED BUY.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I HAVE MINECRAFT DUNGEONS BUT MINECRAFT LAUNCHER SAY I NEED BUY.: Hi! I have purchased Minecraft dungeons on steam and i logged into my Microsoft account.But Minecraft launcher still says I need to buy.I can only play on steam.Can I login to the game from...
  10. can not get access to Minecraft, Microsoft launcher says: 'Something's not working, It's...

in XBoX Accessibility
    can not get access to Minecraft, Microsoft launcher says: 'Something's not working, It's...: I bought for my son Minecraft Java and Bedrock edition Deluxe collection, and it worked fine since I activated xbox parental control, since then we are not able to get the game and start Microsoft...