minecraft launcher exit code 1

Discus and support minecraft launcher exit code 1 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I wanted to play minecraft java latest release 1.20.4 on windows 11 64bit. I pressed play and I got exit code 1 again and again. I have reinstalled... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Auguste DB, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Auguste DB
    Auguste DB Guest

Hi, I wanted to play minecraft java latest release 1.20.4 on windows 11 64bit. I pressed play and I got exit code 1 again and again. I have reinstalled minecraft and java. But still minecraft won't work. So i checked the java executable in the installation tab but the executable path wasn't filled in and when i browse i can't find filles under the name javaw.exe or java.exe. I checked latest log and it tells me wolf armor files are missing. What should I do? Anybody know how to fix this? Thank you..

:)

Auguste DB, Jan 11, 2024
  2. StevenK_M Win User

Minecraft launcher exit code 1

Hello HabartaLubomír,

Thanks for reaching out to Microsoft Community. I'm sorry that you're getting an error code in launching your game.

In this case, you might want to try these workarounds and see if it helps.

Modify the Minecraft Launcher path

1. Right-click on your Minecraft shortcut in the desktop and select Properties.
    2. Click Shortcut tab and add "-workDir %ProgramData%.minecraft" at the end of the Target box.
    3. Click Apply and OK to save changes.
    Otherwise, try disabling Mods:

1. Press Windows logo + R key to open Run window.
    2. Type %AppData% in the bar and hit Enter.
    3. Under Roaming, locate and open the .minecraft folder. Open the Logs folder and go to latest.txt file. Then, check the logs for a problem with any mod.
    Lastly, change the Java executable path

1. Open Minecraft Launcher and click Launch Options.
    2. Turn on the Java executable toggle and then edit its executable path. You should see javaw.exe as the original path. Change it to java.exe as the Java path.
    3. Click Save button to apply changes.
    Let me know how it goes. I'll wait for your response.

Regards,

StevenK
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi Fasolox!

I am sorry to hear about what happened. Let's see what we can do about that here.

May I know when did this issue start to occur? What steps have you already tried so far?

You tried the steps from the thread below?
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

Does the issue happen to your other Xbox games on Windows? Make sure that you're signed in with your correct account from the Microsoft Store and the Xbox app.

Be sure to check for Windows updates and get all available updates from the Microsoft Store.

Check for Windows updates - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/update-wi...

Get updates from Microsoft Store - https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/g...
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Exit Code 1 in the Minecraft Launcher

Hi Carl-Henry Kamp,

Greetings! Welcome to Xbox Forums.

Thank you for posting here about your concern. We are grateful that you have shared a resolution too.

If you have further concerns kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Carl-Henry Kamp Win User

Exit Code 1 in the Minecraft Launcher

I found the solution right after I posted this. Since I had been using another client called "Feather" it added a bunch of mods to my normal mods folder that were not compatible with each other (f.e. Optifabric and OptiFine) to get rid of the Error Code 1, simply remove every single mod from all your mod folders. If you use different clients, they most likely have a mod folder too, make sure to delete those too since they may also prevent you from playing the game but just in case, create a new folder on your desktop and then put all of the mods inside that folder in case something goes wrong.
  6. StevenK_M Win User

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)
Thema:

1. minecraft launcher exit code 1 - Similar Threads - minecraft launcher exit

2. Minecraft launcher refuses to install and I do not know why

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft launcher refuses to install and I do not know why: Hello, I am currently dealing with an issue where Minecraft launcher refuses to work on my newly built pc. Windows 11 is activated and up to date and I have tried a variety of troubleshooting...
  3. Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in...

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in...: i cant download minecraft can you help my pls e9460034-a365-4c2d-86ae-1648bc3ded80
  4. I can't start minecraft launcher or the xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't start minecraft launcher or the xbox app: About a week ago, I started having a problem that makes an error code appear when trying to launch minecraft. [img] At the same time a problem occurred that made my xbox app not start instead...
  5. Unable to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Minecraft Launcher: I tried to install the new 1.20.5 version of Minecraft and it kept crashing, so I uninstalled the launcher and now trying to re-install it won't work. I've: 1. Restarted my PC several times 2....
  6. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  7. I have purchased Minecraft on my MacBook Pro, but the launcher is not working, what do I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have purchased Minecraft on my MacBook Pro, but the launcher is not working, what do I...: Each time I try to open it, it says the launcher is not responding. If it is just not going to work, how can I get a refund? 4321be62-e20b-4125-bde6-f9a5c176ccf9
  8. Minecraft launcher exit code 1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft launcher exit code 1: Hi, I wanted to play minecraft so I opened launcher and pressed play and I got this exit code 1 again and again. I did so many thinks for fix the problem but I can't. Pls help me!!!...
  9. Minecraft launcher exit code 1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft launcher exit code 1: Hi, I wanted to play minecraft after few months. I pressed play and I got this exit code 1 again and again. I have reinstalled whole minecraft and also deleted .minecraft folder. I have...
  10. Exit Code 1 in the Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Exit Code 1 in the Minecraft Launcher: Hey, So for the past few days, I have been trying to figure out this Exit Code 1 thing. I have been trying to use Fabric (1.18.2) to use some mods, but every time I launch the game I get a pop-up...