Minecraft launcher and website say i don't own the game

Discus and support Minecraft launcher and website say i don't own the game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I currently don't have access to the computer I usually used to play Minecraft and wanted to play on my laptop but when I downloaded the game I was... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by solomon rosenblood, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Minecraft launcher and website say i don't own the game

I currently don't have access to the computer I usually used to play Minecraft and wanted to play on my laptop but when I downloaded the game I was told I didn't have the game, after checking the website as well I was prompted to buy the game. I am 99% sure that it is the same Microsoft account I migrated and after the migration, I had no trouble playing for multiple months I am only having this trouble on a new computer and have yet to confirm whether or not I would be able to log in from my PC at home. thank you to anyone who can provide the help I have been cycling through similar forums and youtube guides for a few days but haven't found anything that has solved my problem.

:)

solomon rosenblood, Sep 14, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi Solomon, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

This happened to me as well, turns out I have used my other Microsoft account.

Can you please try to sign in on the Minecraft launcher using all Microsoft accounts that you own?

Please sign out on your Minecraft launcher and restart your laptop before signing back in.

You can also check this link for your reference: https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. EricGrano Win User

what to do if Microsoft store says you own this game when u don't own the game and wont let u install it

no , I don't have a Xbox and I'm trying to get the bedrock version on pc and I've seen videos of how to get it if u own java edition but they all say I have to get the Minecraft launcher on the windows store so I'm trying to get the Minecraft launcher on the Microsoft store but it say I own the game when I don't own it thank you for responding .
  4. HarveyWhitehurst Win User

Minecraft launcher saying I don't own Minecraft Java edition even though I have for years.

I have this exact same issue. Even though I migrated my account, it seems to think I don't own Minecraft. I can play Minecraft on the old launcher (logged into my Microsoft account) as it seems to recognise that I own the game there. Its only the new launcher that is having the issue and the Mojang website.

If you still have the old launcher installed maybe give it a go as it still works for me.
  5. Phoenixblue022 Win User

Cant play Minecraft after account migration

When I click buy from the Minecraft launcher it takes me to this website https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/store/minecraft-java-edition?ref=Launcher I'm not logged in and it has the option to purchase Minecraft but after logging in to the that website with same Microsoft account that I had logged into the Minecraft launcher with the purchase option is replaced with Already own Minecraft? Download it again. and the launcher download button.
  6. sammyboi0607 Win User

i cant open minecraft and when i open fh5 its stuck on the sign in screen

im on a pc, for minecraft i just cant open the launcher and whe i go to the website it says i dont own it

and for FH5 when i open it its stuck on the sign in screen
Thema:

1. Minecraft launcher and website say i don't own the game - Similar Threads - Minecraft launcher website

2. Minecraft launcher refuses to install and I do not know why

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft launcher refuses to install and I do not know why: Hello, I am currently dealing with an issue where Minecraft launcher refuses to work on my newly built pc. Windows 11 is activated and up to date and I have tried a variety of troubleshooting...
  3. Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in...

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in...: i cant download minecraft can you help my pls e9460034-a365-4c2d-86ae-1648bc3ded80
  4. I can't start minecraft launcher or the xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't start minecraft launcher or the xbox app: About a week ago, I started having a problem that makes an error code appear when trying to launch minecraft. [img] At the same time a problem occurred that made my xbox app not start instead...
  5. Unable to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Minecraft Launcher: I tried to install the new 1.20.5 version of Minecraft and it kept crashing, so I uninstalled the launcher and now trying to re-install it won't work. I've: 1. Restarted my PC several times 2....
  6. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  7. I have purchased Minecraft on my MacBook Pro, but the launcher is not working, what do I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have purchased Minecraft on my MacBook Pro, but the launcher is not working, what do I...: Each time I try to open it, it says the launcher is not responding. If it is just not going to work, how can I get a refund? 4321be62-e20b-4125-bde6-f9a5c176ccf9
  8. Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher: I'm trying to open Minecraft Launcher and everytime I get hit with: "Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s...
  9. I bought Minecraft through the Minecraft website but in the launcher it still says buy now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft through the Minecraft website but in the launcher it still says buy now: I just bought Normal Minecraft which includes Minecraft Java, Minecraft Bedrock, and the Minecraft launcher but after downloading and opening the Minecraft launcher it still tells me to buy...
  10. I can't login to my microsoft account in minecraft website and minecraft launcher

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't login to my microsoft account in minecraft website and minecraft launcher: i have same issue with https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/i-cant-login-to-my-microsoft-account-on-minecraft/7e8f2c92-2f6f-49b8-b91e-9e7abc42750f I just login again for my account...