Minecraft Java edition not showing in launcher

Discus and support Minecraft Java edition not showing in launcher in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased minecraft java edition when it was still Mojang back in 2020. With the new Microsoft launcher the game doesn't show up as purchased. Any... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WesN42, Sep 30, 2023.

1. WesN42
    WesN42 Guest

I purchased minecraft java edition when it was still Mojang back in 2020. With the new Microsoft launcher the game doesn't show up as purchased. Any idea how I can fix this?

:)

WesN42, Sep 30, 2023
  2. cadavericspasm Win User

Migrated Microsoft account not working for Minecraft

It was Java Edition. I tried repairing/resetting, reinstalling the launcher a few times, and it's still not showing up with my Minecraft account.
  3. soxfan014 Win User

Minecraft will not open via launcher, only through microsoft store.

Hello mimim2,

The Minecraft launcher you are referring to is only for the Java edition of Minecraft. The Java edition and Windows 10, are two separate games. In order to launch and play Minecraft from the launcher you are using in the last image, you must buy the Java
    edition from the site, not the Windows 10 version. Minecraft Java Edition | Minecraft. Annoying I know, but when Microsoft acquired Minecraft they released
    their own version of the game on their platform. Hope this helps

-
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Mojang Account Migration

Not sure why your Java username is showing as already taken, but since the Minecraft website shows that you own Java, this is probably just an issue with the Launcher syncing data.

Would you please try to reinstall Minecraft Java and the Minecraft Launcher too?
  5. SLoneTiger Win User

Need to buy Minecraft again after migration?

Can confirm what SamRedge said, using the Win 7/8 launcher and using my microsoft credentials shows Minecraft Java Edition ready to play.

You can get the Win 7/8 Launcher at: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download

The issue is the Win10 launcher not the users.

Microsoft XBox staff need to update the user profiles to show that those that migrated own minecraft java edition in latest Win10 launcher / profiles.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox gamertag changed in the minecraft launcher but not in Minecraft

are you playing minecraft java edition or bedrock, as java i think does not use your gamertag. as you mentioned the minecraft launcher.
Thema:

1. Minecraft Java edition not showing in launcher - Similar Threads - Minecraft Java edition

2. Minecraft java edition suggestion?

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft java edition suggestion?: Please add a way to add friends in minecraft java edition it would be way easier playing with friends in java edition without having to create a server. now there i am a dummy dum dum and i might...
  3. How can I reinstall Minecraft Java and bedrock edition again? I do not want to pay for it again

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I reinstall Minecraft Java and bedrock edition again? I do not want to pay for it again: As what the title says and I cannot find the dang receipt either which is mind boggling I need help BADLY 50eef25b-bc33-493b-b603-dea3002beb63
  4. How can I get back access to my copy of Minecraft Java Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get back access to my copy of Minecraft Java Edition: Hello During the merge of Minecraft and Microsoft I somehow lost access to my copy of Minecraft. I tried support to get it back but kind of gave up. Now I've realized I still have an email of the...
  5. I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...: I just want to play the game i payed for 2ecbf413-cf31-4fde-8956-dc09756b20b6
  6. Microsoft closed my account, Lost java edition of minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft closed my account, Lost java edition of minecraft: Please explain. Why was my account closed? No reason was given. How do I get my license to minecraft reactivated? 9fe36f72-bda4-4a86-b57a-e9503df6daed
  7. Minecraft Java Edition on PC now saying "missing license"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition on PC now saying "missing license": I migrated my mojang account years ago to MS and had a valid license for Minecraft Java Edition and was playing without any issue. Since some months now it is saying that i dont have a license for...
  8. I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.: I attached an image of the issue I am having. It won't let me download Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC. I have the bedrock downloaded but it won't let me download Java. What do I do?...
  9. My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN: I recently purchased a copy of Minecraft Java + Bedrock edition for my older brother this holiday season with the intent of us to be able to play the game together. However, we have had multiple...
  10. Why can't I gift my friend Minecraft Java edition it said check for unpaid bills and I did...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I gift my friend Minecraft Java edition it said check for unpaid bills and I did...: Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more info 2AP6RMktyEWJYSFjVuR7pQ.198.6.4 d46af0bf-2982-46e2-ba8c-5d9feeef78eb