Minecraft Java edition is not showing up as owned on any of my accounts. Why?

Discus and support Minecraft Java edition is not showing up as owned on any of my accounts. Why? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I purchased Minecraft Java edition on my laptop about a year and a half ago now. I haven’t used the game or my laptop for about a year and now... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Grace Creevy, Nov 1, 2023.

1. Grace Creevy
    Grace Creevy Guest

Hello,

I purchased Minecraft Java edition on my laptop about a year and a half ago now. I haven’t used the game or my laptop for about a year and now the game is not showing up as owned on any of the accounts I remember I have. It could be the case that I have forgotten the account which the game is purchased on, but I’m not sure how to recover it if that is the case.

I really don’t want to have to spend another £30 on a game I definitely already own. Any advice?

Thanks.

:)

Grace Creevy, Nov 1, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Hello Grace C, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I understand you're having trouble finding your Minecraft Java Edition account. Here are some steps you could take to recover your account:

Reset Password: You can reset your password by entering your email on the Minecraft1 website. You will receive instructions on how to create a new password and access your account.

If you don't remember the email you used to create the account, you can contact Mojang support. When you contact them, try to provide proof that you are the account owner.

Verify game ownership: Make sure the game is shown as yours in the list on the left when you are in the main game menu.

If after following these steps you are still unable to access your account, I would recommend that you contact Mojang Support for additional assistance.
    https://www.minecraft.net/forgot-password

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards.
  3. mrfijiplus Win User

After migrating my mojang account I no longer own minecraft java edition.

Hi there,

No the minecraft website does not show my account owning Java edition. I cannot change my skin or access my player name.

4. victor ‎‎ Win User

I'm being asked to buy Minecraft: Java and Bedrock edition although I have already owned Bedrock for years and I have Java on my laptop.

The Xbox edition of Minecraft in the screenshot is still the Bedrock edition, is it not? I should have access to Java through owning the Bedrock edition, and I don't understand why I wouldn't be able to play it if I played Java in the past with my Microsoft account without having to buy Java.
  5. Bshaw2018 Win User

Minecraft Account

Hello!

Yes, I already own Minecraft on my previous account. I own both Java and Bedrock edition. I have tried logging into my previous account but it still required me to purchase Minecraft Java Edition for the second time
  6. Arsalan_824 Win User

Minecraft Java asks me to buy again.

Hi Fernando,

I have tried this already and it does not work.

The problem is that when Iog into microsoft and look at my owned games, it appears that my microsoft account does not own minecraft java edition and only owns the bedrock edition, even though i've been playing Java edition on it daily up till now.

Thanks.
Thema:

1. Minecraft Java edition is not showing up as owned on any of my accounts. Why? - Similar Threads - Minecraft Java edition

2. Minecraft java edition suggestion?

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft java edition suggestion?: Please add a way to add friends in minecraft java edition it would be way easier playing with friends in java edition without having to create a server. now there i am a dummy dum dum and i might...
  3. How can I reinstall Minecraft Java and bedrock edition again? I do not want to pay for it again

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I reinstall Minecraft Java and bedrock edition again? I do not want to pay for it again: As what the title says and I cannot find the dang receipt either which is mind boggling I need help BADLY 50eef25b-bc33-493b-b603-dea3002beb63
  4. How can I get back access to my copy of Minecraft Java Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get back access to my copy of Minecraft Java Edition: Hello During the merge of Minecraft and Microsoft I somehow lost access to my copy of Minecraft. I tried support to get it back but kind of gave up. Now I've realized I still have an email of the...
  5. I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...: I just want to play the game i payed for 2ecbf413-cf31-4fde-8956-dc09756b20b6
  6. Microsoft closed my account, Lost java edition of minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft closed my account, Lost java edition of minecraft: Please explain. Why was my account closed? No reason was given. How do I get my license to minecraft reactivated? 9fe36f72-bda4-4a86-b57a-e9503df6daed
  7. Minecraft Java Edition on PC now saying "missing license"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition on PC now saying "missing license": I migrated my mojang account years ago to MS and had a valid license for Minecraft Java Edition and was playing without any issue. Since some months now it is saying that i dont have a license for...
  8. I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.: I attached an image of the issue I am having. It won't let me download Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC. I have the bedrock downloaded but it won't let me download Java. What do I do?...
  9. My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN: I recently purchased a copy of Minecraft Java + Bedrock edition for my older brother this holiday season with the intent of us to be able to play the game together. However, we have had multiple...
  10. Why can't I gift my friend Minecraft Java edition it said check for unpaid bills and I did...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I gift my friend Minecraft Java edition it said check for unpaid bills and I did...: Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more info 2AP6RMktyEWJYSFjVuR7pQ.198.6.4 d46af0bf-2982-46e2-ba8c-5d9feeef78eb