Minecraft Java doesn't let me change my skin, all it does is return an error (both site and...

Discus and support Minecraft Java doesn't let me change my skin, all it does is return an error (both site and... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Simply put, when i try to update my Minecraft skin, it just returns an "Sorry! Something unexpected went wrong..." error. And as for the site, whenever... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ChronoUpfor, Dec 24, 2023.

1. ChronoUpfor
    ChronoUpfor Guest

Minecraft Java doesn't let me change my skin, all it does is return an error (both site and...

Simply put, when i try to update my Minecraft skin, it just returns an "Sorry! Something unexpected went wrong..." error. And as for the site, whenever i try updating it, it doesn't return anything. It remains the same. And yet, i can still alter the cape in the site, but i can't alter the skin??

The launcher in question is the one from the Microsoft Store.

:)

ChronoUpfor, Dec 24, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Minecraft Java doesn't let me change my skin, all it does is return an error (both site and launcher)

Hello cronoupfor, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, with the intention of being able to help you I did an internal search on the Microsoft forum and I found a publication by Gerardo C., an independent advisor, where he mentions what to do in this specific type of problems and I thought it was a good one. information, which you should take into account:

For internal game problems (in-game) like the one you present, you will need to contact the game developers (Mojang) directly through the following link:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/5892ef9b-5b45-4908-a535-68af913c33bb

Merry Christmas, greetings

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. Pomcake Win User

Migrated Mojang account to Microsoft account issue.

Yes, the migration completed successfully. It showed me the confirmation message and everything. My skin is even transported to the Microsoft account, and I can log in with it both in Mojang site (It no longer lets me log in with the Mojang account, only with Microsoft account), and the launcher. But it says I don't own Minecraft java Edition, and only lets me play demo.
  4. mrfijiplus Win User

After migrating my mojang account I no longer own minecraft java edition.

Hi there,

No the minecraft website does not show my account owning Java edition. I cannot change my skin or access my player name.

5. Squirtle_Blaze Win User

Minecraft Java Skin Wont Show Up

Thank You

Yes when I try to change my skin in Minecraft Java my skin is stuck on the Alex skin but the same skin works for the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft . And I have tried using another skin but that too did not work .
  6. Daniel Limoges Win User

Error message "It looks like you don’t own Minecraft for PC/Mac."

To change your skin in minecraft windows 10 edition, click your character on the main menu. The website you're trying to use is for the original minecraft for pc, or commonly known as java minecraft. Even though both games are minecraft for pc, they are
    totally different products. That explains the error you're receiving; you don't actually own minecraft for pc/mac, you own minecraft for windows 10.
Thema:

1. Minecraft Java doesn't let me change my skin, all it does is return an error (both site and... - Similar Threads - Minecraft Java doesn't

2. Why minecraft cape didnt appear iam using java but it shows in the micosoft order history

in XBoX on Windows
    Why minecraft cape didnt appear iam using java but it shows in the micosoft order history: Minecraft cape dosen't appear iam using java version of the game but it shows in order history 238572d1-6d0b-4812-80b1-692abcbe9e47
  3. Hi in Minecraft Java when I change my skin in the launcher it doesn't change and stays as...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi in Minecraft Java when I change my skin in the launcher it doesn't change and stays as...: I tried signing in and signing out, re-installing the launcher and none of them seem to be working. b389d308-b0cb-4a02-be0a-a8da0bb3b810
  4. How do i change the Minecraft Java username of an account that doesn't own Minecraft anymore?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change the Minecraft Java username of an account that doesn't own Minecraft anymore?: So I had a Microsoft account i had the GamePass on, and i played Minecraft Java on it. I made another account and i bought Minecraft on it, but i can't use the same username because it is taken by...
  5. Minecraft Java doesn't load when "play offline" pressed when not on Wi-Fi

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java doesn't load when "play offline" pressed when not on Wi-Fi: I've owned a copy of Minecraft Java since before Microsoft has owned it, and only in the last 2 weeks has it not let me play the game in offline mode, when not hooked up to Wi-Fi. I haven't...
  6. Minecraft Java doesn't show as bought

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java doesn't show as bought: I bought Minecraft Java with my Microsoft account in 2020 and after the event where you could get the bedrock version for free with it then after some time when I tried to login in with my same...
  7. Minecraft Java Edition Touchscreen doesn't work...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java Edition Touchscreen doesn't work...: I have the demo Minecraft Java Edition but if I turn on "touchscreen mode" it doesn't work in any worlds. No buttons show up and every time I touch the screen, the character just continually spins...
  8. Minecraft: java and bedrock edition bundle doesn't let me install bedrock edition.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft: java and bedrock edition bundle doesn't let me install bedrock edition.: With the new minecraft bundle I got the bedrock edition. I updated my launcher and I clicked the "install" button. Then I decide the disk I want it to be installed but for some reason it doesn't...
  9. New minecraft offer, if you have Windows 10 edition, free Java, and vice versa. Doesn't...

in XBoX on Windows
    New minecraft offer, if you have Windows 10 edition, free Java, and vice versa. Doesn't...: Recently, Microsoft released a new Minecraft offer, in which if you had a Java edition of Minecraft, you would get Windows 10 edition, and vice versa. I have the Windows 10 edition on my computer,...
  10. Minecraft multiplayer doesn't work Java

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft multiplayer doesn't work Java: I'm playing minecraft java on pc but on recent versions I can't go on multiplayer and I'm 13(legal âge I think). there's this message when I place my mouse on: "multiplayer is not activated,...