Minecraft Java addition multiplayer greyed out

Discus and support Minecraft Java addition multiplayer greyed out in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, My son just got a new computer and we installed minecraft (java and bedrock edition) on it. He is able to play multiplayer on the bedrock... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Cameron Eidmann, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Minecraft Java addition multiplayer greyed out

Hello,

My son just got a new computer and we installed minecraft (java and bedrock edition) on it. He is able to play multiplayer on the bedrock edition, but the java edition has the button greyed out. I've updated the family settings in my microsoft/xbox account for him so it shouldn't be that. In addition, one of my other sons is able to play multiplayer on the java edition with no problems, so I don't believe it's a network issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Cameron

:)

Cameron Eidmann, Dec 31, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Cameron! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Minecraft multiplayer.

I just want to confirm by family settings did you mean you have already updated the Xbox privacy settings of your son's account?

Just in case you haven't managed your son's account privacy settings yet, kindly proceed to manage your child account's privacy settings using your adult/organizer account. According to the official Xbox website here's how to do it: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...ttings by selecting View details & customize.

"Sign in to your adult/organizer Microsoft account at Xbox.com.

Select your Gamertag, and then select the More actions button (…).

Select Xbox settings, and then select Privacy & Online Safety.

Note: Because you’re accessing sensitive info, you may have to enter your password or PIN.

Select the gamertag for the child account that you want to manage.

Select either the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety tab or the Privacy tab.

Review the current settings and update all of the options as "Allow" and "Everyone", and then select Submit to save the changes.

Note: You must select Submit at the bottom of the page before leaving or switching to another tab. If you don't submit the changes before you move to the other tab, your changes won't be saved."

Then check if your son will be able to play Minecraft Java edition multiplayer online.

If you have done all the steps already yet the issue persists, I highly suggest you reach out to Mojang Support for further assistance as they have the tools and resources to properly investigate this case:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/request/new?ticket_form_id=360001225811

Note/Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Multiplayer greyed out - Minecraft Java

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

follow the instructions in the link, and release the privacy settings using your account.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/family-onli...
  4. Haris Šabotić Win User

Minecraft multiplayer greyed out

Hello Rodrigo,

There is no option In Enable Minecraft in the app

Is there way I can try fix this?
  5. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Minecraft Multiplayer greyed out

Hi Brandon! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Minecraft account.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Based on the error message, it appears the system has detected that your account is a child account. Your account needs to be in a family group as a family member in order to fix the issue.

A child account is registered on the birthdate 21 years old and below upon the account's first creation while an adult account is registered on the birthdate 22 years old and older. Even if you change the date of birth, the system will still follow the original date of birth registered when the account is created.

Note: The solution to this issue may take a lot of steps.

Here's what you need to do please create a new Microsoft adult account with a new email address on account.microsoft.com

Once you have the adult account, sign in to account.microsoft.com > Family settings > then add your child/main account as a "Family member"

Note: Ensure that your adult account is the "Organizer", and your child/main account is the "Family Member" to make this work.

Once you have successfully added your main/child account to your Microsoft family, you can proceed to manage your child account's privacy settings using your adult account according to the official Xbox website: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...ttings by selecting View details & customize.

"Sign in to your adult Microsoft account at Xbox.com.

Select your Gamertag, and then select the More actions button (…).

Select Xbox settings, and then select Privacy & Online Safety.

Note: Because you’re accessing sensitive info, you may have to enter your password or PIN.

Select the gamertag for the child/main account that you want to manage.

Select either the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety tab or the Privacy tab.

Review the current settings and update all of the options as "Allow" and "Everyone", and then select Submit to save the changes.

Note: You must select Submit at the bottom of the page before leaving or switching to another tab. If you don't submit the changes before you move to the other tab, your changes won't be saved."

Then check if you're able to play Minecraft multiplayer on your main account. It may take at least 24 hours to make sure the changes will be applied.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  6. Haris Šabotić Win User

Minecraft multiplayer greyed out

No, this is my account, I have set my age to be 24 years(05. dec. 2000)
Thema:

1. Minecraft Java addition multiplayer greyed out - Similar Threads - Minecraft Java addition

2. Why minecraft cape didnt appear iam using java but it shows in the micosoft order history

in XBoX on Windows
    Why minecraft cape didnt appear iam using java but it shows in the micosoft order history: Minecraft cape dosen't appear iam using java version of the game but it shows in order history 238572d1-6d0b-4812-80b1-692abcbe9e47
  3. I bought the bedrock version and Java version on the official website of Minecraft, but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought the bedrock version and Java version on the official website of Minecraft, but...: On this occasion,Before that, I had got the Java version and bedrock version of Minecraft on the official website, but I couldn't download the installation package on Android devices on the...
  4. When I enable multiplayer it works for bedrock but not for java Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I enable multiplayer it works for bedrock but not for java Minecraft: I just got the pack for Minecraft giving me Bedrock and Java Edition. After enabling lots of permissions using the Xbox Family Settings app, I can only use Multiplayer and friend features of...
  5. Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...: Now I don't know if I can still retrieve that account but respond if you have some answers. 7325936b-404b-4154-950a-cedcc8da6c36
  6. I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23: Bought minecraft java and bedrock on bobtimjim23 and only received bedrock 799fe304-93be-4843-b5b5-0794a92b4c93
  7. Minecraft java edition suggestion?

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft java edition suggestion?: Please add a way to add friends in minecraft java edition it would be way easier playing with friends in java edition without having to create a server. now there i am a dummy dum dum and i might...
  8. How to check when a Minecraft Java key was activated?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to check when a Minecraft Java key was activated?: I recently bought a key for minecraft java edition for PC, which the key claimed to have already been used when it was entered,, and the place I purchased it from insists they cannot give me a...
  9. Minecraft Java unable to be verified

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft Java unable to be verified: I have minecraft on Xbox Gamepass, i've downloaded it and the launcher, when i click play i have to create a username but when i do i get an error saying i need to be signed in with the same...
  10. How can I reinstall Minecraft Java and bedrock edition again? I do not want to pay for it again

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I reinstall Minecraft Java and bedrock edition again? I do not want to pay for it again: As what the title says and I cannot find the dang receipt either which is mind boggling I need help BADLY 50eef25b-bc33-493b-b603-dea3002beb63