Minecraft Installer for Launcher Freezes

Discus and support Minecraft Installer for Launcher Freezes in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I bought minecraft for my laptop and when I try and click “install” on the launcher installer, the entire application freezes up. I’ve checked to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Blake P1, Oct 28, 2023.

1. Blake P1
    Blake P1 Guest

I bought minecraft for my laptop and when I try and click “install” on the launcher installer, the entire application freezes up.

I’ve checked to make sure that I’m logged in to my minecraft email on the store, but my main windows account is not my minecraft account email. However, I also tried to set up an administrator account that was only my minecraft email and it didn’t work there either.

There was another thread with a similar question from a year or two ago, but none of the solutions worked for me and it was locked.

:)

Blake P1, Oct 28, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Hello Blake P, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry you're going through this.
    I try to restart Windows to reboot the system, try to reinstall Minecraft. Also, make sure you're signed in to the Microsoft Store with the same Microsoft account you used to purchase the game.

You can also reset Microsoft Store
    Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
    Type the following command and press Enter.

wsreset.exe

When you're done, test if you can now download the app.
    If the same issue persists, try signing out of your account and signing in again.

If the problem persists, alternatively, you can also use the Minecraft launcher from the Microsoft store or the Minecraft launcher version for Windows 7/8 to install the Minecraft edition you purchased.

https://www.minecraft.net/download

Best regards.
  3. Blake P1 Win User

Ok so I've restarted my computer multiple times. Minecraft isn't even installed to be able to reinstall, though I have tried redownloading the launcher application a few times. Like described in my original message, when I try and run the installer, I've made sure to switch from my default email to my game email in the store. I also tried resetting my Microsoft store. This sets my email back to default, so I switch it to my game email again yet it continues to not work.

I just tried signing out then back in, that didn't work.

The Minecraft store also freezes upon me clicking install when I try and download it from there.

I was able to download the launcher for Windows 7/8, but that launcher version does not allow me to install Bedrock.

I'd appreciate some more insight into what might be my issue.

Thanks.
  4. SammyVS Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 edition not installing

Search for ''Minecraft Launcher'' in the Xbox app, install, log in with your Microsoft account on the launcher, select Minecraft For Windows and install.
  5. Kev1414 Win User

Unable to download Minecraft Launcher on laptop, any reasons to why?

I have completed the tasks but still unable to download Minecraft Launcher, however I am able to install minecraft installer after pressing the link but not minecraft launcher.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Get your act together.

why use the launcher, i use minecraft direct without the launcher, you have the option to install minecraft with or without launcher in the xbox app.
Thema:

1. Minecraft Installer for Launcher Freezes - Similar Threads - Minecraft Installer Launcher

2. Minecraft launcher refuses to install and I do not know why

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft launcher refuses to install and I do not know why: Hello, I am currently dealing with an issue where Minecraft launcher refuses to work on my newly built pc. Windows 11 is activated and up to date and I have tried a variety of troubleshooting...
  3. Unable to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Minecraft Launcher: I tried to install the new 1.20.5 version of Minecraft and it kept crashing, so I uninstalled the launcher and now trying to re-install it won't work. I've: 1. Restarted my PC several times 2....
  4. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  5. Problems installing Minecraft launcher on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems installing Minecraft launcher on PC: I am trying to download Minecraft to my PC. I have gone through the process and purchased it. I do not own an XBox. It gives me this error code about the launcher: 0x803F8001. When I go to the...
  6. CMD popping up and closing instanly when installing minecraft launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CMD popping up and closing instanly when installing minecraft launcher: CMD popping up and closing instanly when installing minecraft launcher, is it normal? 6c0279a6-e41a-455d-b8bd-6d1eeac804f4
  7. Minecraft Launcher won't install - error code: 0x8007007e

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Launcher won't install - error code: 0x8007007e: Minecraft Launcher will not install from the Microsoft Store. I click "Install" and it thinks for a while and the blue "Install" shows up again. I tried installing on the Xbox app, but I get the...
  8. Error 0x89235106 when trying to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x89235106 when trying to install Minecraft Launcher: I always get Error 0x89235106 when trying to install the Minecraft Launcher from the Microsoft Store. I have an Internet connection and no Problems installing other apps. When trying to install...
  9. I can't install Minecraft for Windows from the Minecraft Launcher or alone from Xbox, I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install Minecraft for Windows from the Minecraft Launcher or alone from Xbox, I...: I have been trying to install Minecraft for windows on my pc for 3 days now, I have the Minecraft launcher but every time I try to install the windows version it says "waiting on install" and it...
  10. Minecraft Launcher wont (re)install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Launcher wont (re)install.: I have recently tried to open my minecraft launcher before it redirects me to the microsoft store in order to update. I click download/update and after about 5 seconds it comes up with an error -...