Minecraft installer, feedback page, and bug report page

Discus and support Minecraft installer, feedback page, and bug report page in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Minecraft is a very high-profile software product. In light of this, can we get a new team to write and support the software around it -- the launcher,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Charles Burns, Apr 17, 2023.

1. Minecraft installer, feedback page, and bug report page

Minecraft is a very high-profile software product. In light of this, can we get a new team to write and support the software around it -- the launcher, support system, and feedback process? Maybe one that isn't staffed entirely by probably disinterested interns?

1. On launch I see the following, though I have confirmed both are logged in using the same email address. If multiple Microsoft accounts are allowed for the same logins, fix the bug.

Minecraft installer, feedback page, and bug report page [​IMG]

2. I do not install games on my main system drive. Despite the installer showing it as "SELECTED", there are no other options. Anywhere. Every game I have ever installed and written in 25 years allows me to choose the install location, which should certainly not be in %appdata%\.minecraft

3. I click "Review the Launcher", mention this, and when I submit the review, the response is:

4. In "Help" I click "Launcher Feedback" or similar and am able to leave feedback...for every part of Minecraft except the Launcher. I can select from a list of areas of Minecraft for which my feedback will be applied, but when I select, "Launcher", the "Submit" button is dimmed and does not response. So...I submitted the feedback for some random other feature [here].

5. I did the dutiful thing as a software engineer myself and tried to submit a bug at bugs.mojang.com.

I followed the emailed link and attempted to create an account. No account name and no password, no matter how complex, no matter if short or long or randomly generated or typed by hand, was accepted to create an account. The error was something like, "Either the account name is already in use or the password does not meet complexity requirements". I was using random passwords and eventually random (alphanumeric) login names! They met any complexity requirements. Who is the Jira administrator over there?

6. I tried later to create an account again. When asked for my email address, I entered it and got, "Registration request failed. Email might be invalid or already used." -- even though my previous account creation attempt clearly did not go through.

7. I am not willing to pay for such stunning, life-alteringly intense incompetence, so I visited the Minecraft help center to request a refund. After filling out their 8-part form, I was informed that I must contact Microsoft Xbox for support at the link provided. The link provided had absolutely no option to request a refund of any kind for any product, and had no problem option that was even remotely relevant. I am sure this is the first time a game has ever had jaw-droppingly terrible infrastructure, but an "Other" option would have been nice.

Get your **** together. You are Microsoft!

:)

Charles Burns, Apr 17, 2023
  2. Mister Maka Win User

Bugs for TU 47

Hey there!

Thanks for the info on the Minecraft troubles you're experiencing. Please make sure to head over to the
    Minecraft Feedback page and submit your bug so that the right team is made aware of it :)
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Minecraft. Can't send chat messages.

If you're able to do it, please try it.

Another option, to avoid uninstalling the actual Minecraft Launcher is install the launcher marked as Windows 7/8 launcher from this page - https://minecraft.net/download

If the issue persists the best option will be report this bug to Mojang
  4. Peteyb1 Win User

Xbox one Edge not filtering adult content

To post suggestions or opinions on how to better the service post at the feedback page: https://xboxideas.uservoice.com/
    Hi Metal but your response is not very helpful, I am reporting a bug not suggestions an idea or enhancement as per the page you linked. Any help getting this bug to the people who need to fix it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  5. o0o Wiggy o0o Win User

FEEDBACK - Page Numbers

[quote user="Chip321"]

I Love your Signature Wiggy..........was that a 1000g achievement all on its own - Lol

[/quote]

Yeah haha
  6. Cronan Win User

FEEDBACK - Page Numbers

Probably 500g, because when you found it all the posts had been cleared down, all that history lost (sobs).
Thema:

Minecraft installer, feedback page, and bug report page

1. Minecraft installer, feedback page, and bug report page - Similar Threads - Minecraft installer feedback

2. error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc

in XBoX on Windows
    error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc: hello. I'm having trouble installing the Minecraft Windows/Bedrock version in pc from microsoft store . When I install it, the error code 0x80070005 always appears. Is there a way to get rid of...
  3. Minecraft launcher refuses to install and I do not know why

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft launcher refuses to install and I do not know why: Hello, I am currently dealing with an issue where Minecraft launcher refuses to work on my newly built pc. Windows 11 is activated and up to date and I have tried a variety of troubleshooting...
  4. Installation issues with Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Installation issues with Minecraft: I have bought Minecraft on my Microsoft account, but every time I try and run the launcher, it refuses to run, either giving some garage error message or just straight up saying I do not have...
  5. Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?: So yesterday I bought Minecraft deluxe edition JAVA and Bedrock. As I proceeded to installation, it displays an error that it couldn't find connection towards the Microsoft Store. After signing in...
  6. Why can't I install minecraft on my Samsung galaxy A14 even though I do all the comon ways...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft on my Samsung galaxy A14 even though I do all the comon ways...: I can't get minecraft on my Samsung galaxy A14 but it gives me an error every time and I have tried all the common was to fix it but it won't work fa98b81c-b4fd-4be3-be0e-1ee1f5b028e3
  7. Unable to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Minecraft Launcher: I tried to install the new 1.20.5 version of Minecraft and it kept crashing, so I uninstalled the launcher and now trying to re-install it won't work. I've: 1. Restarted my PC several times 2....
  8. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  9. Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store"

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store": I've tried other threads that have had this issue. I've restarted my PC, reset Microsoft Store, reinstalled gaming services, checked for updates with Xbox app (which is a separate issue at first...
  10. Why am I getting the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Minecraft Java &Bedrock...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I getting the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Minecraft Java &Bedrock...: Why am I getting the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Minecraft Java &Bedrock edition on my PC windows 11? I have already made sure my PC is up to date, has storage, and I'm signed...