Minecraft installer crashes when opened reading "File system Error (-1069586941)

Discus and support Minecraft installer crashes when opened reading "File system Error (-1069586941) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The Minecraft launcher had been running fine until one day it started to throw this error. It seems to be associated with the gamepass even though ive... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by phill antal, Dec 26, 2023.

1. phill antal
    phill antal Guest

Minecraft installer crashes when opened reading "File system Error (-1069586941)

The Minecraft launcher had been running fine until one day it started to throw this error. It seems to be associated with the gamepass even though ive never used one. I am logged into the same windows account on xbox, minecraft.net, and the microsoft store. I have tried deleting the launcher and its associated data and reinstalling it twice. It still gives me this error when trying to launch it.

I am running windows 10

:)

phill antal, Dec 26, 2023
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem, researching on the internet I was able to find that in the forum, the independent advisor Nahum, recommends the following steps for a solution.

Hello, I would start by checking the Windows files in safe mode, press shift+shutdown-restart, troubleshoot-change startup behavior, here,

Once restarted, press the number 5.

Open CMD as administrator

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow
    If it doesn't work, do it in normal Windows.

After that, type the command:

chkdsk C: /f /r /x

Reboot the system

In case it doesn't work, I suggest my colleagues' solution: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...kage-dependency-installer/2a4ea030-ee76-4a85- 8b09-67e4948ec562

Is the system fully up to date? If not try to update also in the store app, Update windows update, and in the windows store application, in settings look for downloads and updates.

All required XBOX services running (XblGameSave, XboxNetApiSvc, XboxGipSvc, XblAuthManager)? If not restart them or reinstall the app! To do this: It means that all XBOX services are working, type msconfig on the windows key, and go to services, and look for them, otherwise reinstall the application.

Launch powershell as an administrator and enter “get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers”Type powershell on the start key and right click and run as administrator and type the command.

In the same powershell window, enter “start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN” Second command.
    Install the app on that page, including accepting the UAC prompt when shown. Install the app on the page that will open.
    Try installing the game again. Reinstall the game.

The Xbox Live server connection is not blocked on Windows 10?? It refers to whether you have the connection blocked, such as a firewall or antivirus, you can check it in settings, games, xbox networks.

Information source (credits):
    https://answers.microsoft.com/threadd/55f93322-ff16-4609-a724-df364f145e70

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  3. Hoskayra Win User

How can i fix this error?

Hi just, my name is Oskayra, I am an independent advisor and player like you. I hope I can help you solve your problem today.

The error you are receiving is an installation error. This can be caused by several factors, such as a problem with the installation files, a problem with your operating system, or a problem with your hardware.

Here are some steps you can try to fix the error:

1. Check the installation files.

To verify the installation files, you can try reinstalling the Minecraft launcher.

To reinstall the Minecraft launcher, follow these steps:

Remove the Minecraft launcher from your computer.
    Download the Minecraft launcher from the Minecraft website.
    Install the Minecraft launcher.

2. Check your operating system.

To check if your operating system is up to date, follow these steps:

Open the start menu.
    Type "Windows Update."
    Click "Windows Update."
    If updates are available, follow the on-screen instructions to install them.
    If your operating system is up to date, there may be a problem with your hardware. In this case, you will need to contact your hardware manufacturer for help.

You can use DriverBooster as an alternative

I hope this information has been useful to you, if you continue to have errors, do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  4. TrentSpecht Win User

File System Error (-2143322101) When Opening Minecraft Launcher

I migrated my Mojang account to my personal account, a gmail account. But the launcher seems to only want to use my Live account and wont even open at all to let me log in to my gmail account.
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Select the Start button > Settings > Accounts , then find the Microsoft account you used to sign in to the Xbox app and select Remove. Then go back to the Xbox app and sign in with the account you want and try again.
  6. TrentSpecht Win User

That seems to have solved the issue, thank you so much for helping me!
Thema:

1. Minecraft installer crashes when opened reading "File system Error (-1069586941) - Similar Threads - Minecraft installer crashes

2. error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc

in XBoX on Windows
    error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc: hello. I'm having trouble installing the Minecraft Windows/Bedrock version in pc from microsoft store . When I install it, the error code 0x80070005 always appears. Is there a way to get rid of...
  3. Minecraft launcher refuses to install and I do not know why

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft launcher refuses to install and I do not know why: Hello, I am currently dealing with an issue where Minecraft launcher refuses to work on my newly built pc. Windows 11 is activated and up to date and I have tried a variety of troubleshooting...
  4. Installation issues with Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Installation issues with Minecraft: I have bought Minecraft on my Microsoft account, but every time I try and run the launcher, it refuses to run, either giving some garage error message or just straight up saying I do not have...
  5. Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?: So yesterday I bought Minecraft deluxe edition JAVA and Bedrock. As I proceeded to installation, it displays an error that it couldn't find connection towards the Microsoft Store. After signing in...
  6. Why can't I install minecraft on my Samsung galaxy A14 even though I do all the comon ways...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft on my Samsung galaxy A14 even though I do all the comon ways...: I can't get minecraft on my Samsung galaxy A14 but it gives me an error every time and I have tried all the common was to fix it but it won't work fa98b81c-b4fd-4be3-be0e-1ee1f5b028e3
  7. Unable to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Minecraft Launcher: I tried to install the new 1.20.5 version of Minecraft and it kept crashing, so I uninstalled the launcher and now trying to re-install it won't work. I've: 1. Restarted my PC several times 2....
  8. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  9. Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store"

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store": I've tried other threads that have had this issue. I've restarted my PC, reset Microsoft Store, reinstalled gaming services, checked for updates with Xbox app (which is a separate issue at first...
  10. Installing Minecraft Launcher crash with code 0x80070490

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installing Minecraft Launcher crash with code 0x80070490: When I try to install new MC launcher update, it immediately crash with code 0x80070490 a9da8ca2-4586-4783-b312-2a4566a90f11