(minecraft) GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL. Please...

Discus and support (minecraft) GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL. Please... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I logged on to minecraft in the morning and everything was normal. but about 5 or so hours later I get on my pc and I got a BSOD, without reading... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AlexanderDanilowicz, Aug 23, 2022.

1. (minecraft) GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL. Please...

Hi, I logged on to minecraft in the morning and everything was normal. but about 5 or so hours later I get on my pc and I got a BSOD, without reading it i held the power button to reset it and I logged on as usual. Only difference was that I had to change my res from 1024 x 768 to 1920 x 1080 on windows. I logged to my 1.19 forge version but minecraft crashed with this message.

GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL.

Please make sure you up-to-date drivers (see aka.ms/mcdriver for instructions).

I went to the website but no luck. I tried to uninstall minecraft and reinstall but nothing changed. I dont know what to do.

:)

AlexanderDanilowicz, Aug 23, 2022
  2. Abdel Rahman Hisham Win User

I'm unable to install Minecraft Launcher from Microsoft Store.

Hello,

I tried to install the game ( Minecraft Launcher ) on the Virtual Machine, actually it got downloaded in the Virtual Machine but I could not launch it ( I got an error : GFLW error 65542 WGL : The driver does not appear to support OpenGL. Please make sure you have up-to-date drivers ( see aka.ms/mc drivers for instructions ) )

Also the Virtual Machine kept lagging too much and i was unable to reopen it again because of some error.

I'm still going to try Option 1 and 2.
  3. XBF - Evie Win User

Problemas al iniciar Minecraft [GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL - Minecraft]

[El asociado está utilizando una aplicación de traductor. Tenga en cuenta que puede ocurrir una gramática deficiente y una sintaxis incorrecta]

Hola RaúlLópez6,

Bienvenido al Foro de la comunidad de Xbox. Gracias por compartir su preocupación con nosotros hoy y esperamos que todo esté bien.

Este error dice que su controlador está desactualizado y necesita actualizarlo para poder jugar Minecraft. Recomendamos reinstalar todos los controladores de la tarjeta gráfica para asegurarse de que el archivo "opengl32.dll" se vuelva a instalar. Siga estos pasos para reinstalar los controladores de la tarjeta de vídeo.

1. Presione Tecla de Windows + R para abrir el cuadro de diálogo Ejecutar/Run

2. Escriba devmgmt.msc y presione Enter para abrir el Administrador de dispositivos. Si el UAC se lo solicita, haga clic en para otorgar acceso de administrador

3. Una vez que esté dentro de Administrador de dispositivos, expanda el menú desplegable asociado con Adaptadores de pantalla, luego continúe y desinstale todos los controladores de gráficos haciendo clic derecho en ellos y haciendo clic en Desinstalar. Haga esto para cada entrada dentro de Adaptadores de dispositivo. Si tiene una GPU integrada y una dedicada, desinstale ambos tipos de controladores

Nota: La pantalla puede parpadear después de realizar la desinstalación. Esto sucede porque su sistema operativo volverá a los controladores genéricos.

4. Una vez que se hayan desinstalado todos los controladores de GPU del Administrador de dispositivos, cierre la utilidad Administrador de dispositivos

5. Presione las teclas Tecla de Windows + R nuevamente para abrir otro cuadro de diálogo Ejecutar/Run. A continuación, escriba appwiz.cpl y presione Enter para abrir la pantalla Programas y características

6. Una vez que esté dentro del menú Programas y características, desplácese hacia abajo en la lista de aplicaciones instaladas y comience a desinstalar cualquier cosa relacionada con el fabricante de su GPU (Nvidia, AMD o Intel). Puede asegurarse de que no está dejando nada atrás haciendo clic en la columna Editor para ordenarlos uno tras otro. Simplemente haga clic derecho en cada herramienta o controlador relacionado con la GPU y luego haga clic en Desinstalar en el menú contextual

7. Dentro de la pantalla de desinstalación, siga las instrucciones en pantalla para completar el proceso. Después de desinstalar cada controlador relevante, reinicie su computadora y espere a que se complete el próximo inicio

8. Una vez completado el siguiente inicio, visite la página de descarga asociada con el fabricante de su GPU y descargue la última versión del controlador que está disponible para su modelo de GPU en particular:

a. La página de descarga de Nvidia

b. La página de descarga de AMD

c. La página de descarga de gráficos Intel

9. Descargue e instale los controladores recomendados según el modelo de su tarjeta gráfica, luego reinicie su computadora e inicie su juego una vez que se complete el próximo inicio para ver si el problema se ha solucionado

Esperamos su respuesta. Por favor, háganos saber si estas sugerencias ayudan seleccionando "Sí" o "No" junto a "¿Fue útil esta respuesta?". Si esto respondió a su pregunta, seleccione esta respuesta como la "Respuesta". Además, si hay algún malentendido o aclaración necesaria, por favor responda a esta respuesta.

Sinceramente

XBF – Evie

Administrador de éxito del cliente de Xbox

Comunidad de Microsoft
  4. XBF - Evie Win User

Problemas al iniciar Minecraft [GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL - Minecraft]

[Associate is using a translator application. Please be aware that poor grammar and incorrect syntax may occur]

Hello RaúlLópez6,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

This error is saying that your driver is out-of-date and you need to update it in order to play Minecraft. We recommend reinstalling all of the drivers for your graphics card in order to ensure that the “opengl32.dll” file gets reinstalled. Please follow these steps to reinstall your video card drivers.

1. Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open the Device Manager. If you are prompted by the UAC, click on Yes to grant admin access
    3. Once you are inside Device Manager, expand the drop-down menu associated with Display adapters, then go ahead and uninstall every graphics driver by right-clicking them and clicking Uninstall. Do this for every entry inside Device Adapters. If you have both an integrated and a dedicated GPU, uninstall both types of drivers
      1. Note: Your screen may flicker after you do the uninstallation. This happens because your OS will revert back to the generic drivers.
    4. Once every GPU driver has been uninstalled from Device Manager, close the Device Manager utility
    5. Press the Windows key + R keys again to open another Run dialog box. Next, type appwiz.cpl and press Enter to open the Programs and Features screen
    6. Once you are inside the Programs and Features menu, scroll down the list of installed applications and begin to uninstall anything related to your GPU manufacturer (Nvidia, AMD, or Intel). You can ensure that you are not leaving anything behind by clicking the Publisher column in order to order them one after the other. Just right-click on every GPU related tool or driver and then click Uninstall from the context menu
    7. Inside the uninstallation screen, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. After every relevant driver is uninstalled, reboot your computer and wait for the next startup to complete
    8. After the next startup is complete, visit the download page associated with your GPU manufacturer and download the latest driver version that is available for your particular GPU model:
      1. Nvidia’s Download Page
      2. AMD’s Download Page
      3. Intel Graphics Download Page
    9. Download and install the recommended drivers based on your graphics card model, then reboot your computer and launch your game once the next startup is complete to see if the problem is fixed
    We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know if these suggestions help by selecting “Yes” or “No” next to “Was this response helpful?”. If this answered your question, please select this response as the “Answer”. Additionally, if there is any misunderstanding or clarification needed, please reply to this response.

Sincerely,

XBF – Evie

Xbox Customer Success Manager

Microsoft Community
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

(minecraft) GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL. Please make sure you up-to-date drivers (see aka.ms/mcdriver for instructions).

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this AlexanderDanilowicz

In order to assist you properly please answer the following questions:

The error appears only when you use 1080p in your PC?

What graphics card do you have?

Are you on Windows 11 or 10?

May I know if you tried fully reinstalling your graphics card driver via manufacturer site?

And which troubleshooting steps did you tried so far (besides reinstalling minecraft and check your driver version) to fix this?

In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

minecraft openGL error 65542

Thanks, I found something that could help:

https://appuals.com/minecraft-glfw-error-65542/...

** This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Thema:

(minecraft) GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL. Please...

1. (minecraft) GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL. Please... - Similar Threads - minecraft GLFW error

2. My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10: It doesn't search on xbox and search bar either 385e9ce1-294e-4976-bfe9-6256c1cc3c49
  3. Is there a reason for me not to be able to join an unfeatured server in Minecraft bedrock...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a reason for me not to be able to join an unfeatured server in Minecraft bedrock...: I do not know why but i have watch videos and videos and they are just not helping its not letting me join an un featured server. Is this a missing feature in the new update or a bug? Ps I'm on...
  4. My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?: My ps4 Minecraft world got deleted but a corrupted file. I don’t know how to get it back. Please help 9f78e459-f1b1-4974-a401-af34fbe80df2
  5. Minecraft item cape code redeemed on Microsoft and accepted but isn't appearing on my account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft item cape code redeemed on Microsoft and accepted but isn't appearing on my account: As the questions states, I got a code on Twitch for a Minecraft Cape and I redeemed it on the Microsoft website. I still have the order history that says it is confirmed, but I never got the cape....
  6. Why cant I join my friend on minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I join my friend on minecraft: My friends and I, have been recently trying to joing eachother on minecraft but have been having immense trouble. Whenever we try to join our friends world, it says its downloading whichever add...
  7. How to enable cross play on minecraft with Ps4 and Xbox One

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to enable cross play on minecraft with Ps4 and Xbox One: cannot get my friend who plays on a Ps4 to play she is using a microsoft account so it should work i have a Xbox One S and all the settings are set to allow from communation snd everything cross...
  8. My friend can’t join my world on Nintendo switch Minecraft?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friend can’t join my world on Nintendo switch Minecraft?: We both have Nintendo switch online subs, and also Microsoft accounts. But for some reason it won’t connect. We’ve tried restarting both switches, changed internets, tried hotspots, unfriending...
  9. error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc

in XBoX on Windows
    error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc: hello. I'm having trouble installing the Minecraft Windows/Bedrock version in pc from microsoft store . When I install it, the error code 0x80070005 always appears. Is there a way to get rid of...
  10. I have tried to use minecraft java edition but i keep getting an glfw error 65542 and when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have tried to use minecraft java edition but i keep getting an glfw error 65542 and when...: i couldnt add a screen shot. 0c1f9319-8f5b-46f4-8d70-e3864acb04f3