Minecraft for Win10 hangs at red startup screen

Discus and support Minecraft for Win10 hangs at red startup screen in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Installed Win10 Beginner collection but it gets stuck on startup and flashes red. This is a known problem but reported solutions I could find did not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by J0HIID03, Mar 2, 2021.

1. J0HIID03
    J0HIID03 Guest

Installed Win10 Beginner collection but it gets stuck on startup and flashes red. This is a known problem but reported solutions I could find did not help eg

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/minecraft-windows-10-edition-stuck-on-red-screen/c2ccc635-ed78-4bf5-9119-13e40d0bb8c8

which suggests adjusting the graphics setting for the app.

Running on a Lenovo B50-10
    Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N2840 @ 2.16GHz 2.16 GHz
    Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.88 GB usable)
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Running Intel HD Graphics driver, latest available through Win Update.

Note the Java Demo does run out of the box.

Help or refund desired for angry 7 year old.

:)

J0HIID03, Mar 2, 2021
  2. J0HIID03 Win User

Thanks for your answer.

Of the posted solutions only 1 and 3 are applicable to my hardware setup. Neither of those worked to solve the problem.

I suspect there is no solution other than using a different device or getting an external GPU.

I would therefore like to try the Java version instead. How can I gt a license without having to get a refund for the original purchase of the Win10 version which does not work?
  3. 61590633-b111-4c2a-b Win User

To Fix Minecraft Stuck at Red Screen at startup, try the fixes below and see if that helps: Update the Display driver for Integrated and External GPU. If you have an external GPU disabled, try to enable it in Device Manager. In the Graphics Settings, enable High-Performance mode for Minecraft.
  4. neoearth-7962BB3C-ED Win User

2/16/2012 Update bricked my 360-S

To add... I have no error codes or red rings etc... just hangs at the splash screen.
  5. KILLERHEDAKE Win User

MY XBOX IS FREEZING BEFORE IT LOADS

And if the logo does not have light moving over the ball at the startup screen this is preemptive to general hardware failure ie "red dot of death/rrod/ red ring of death".
  6. ZeppelinPetre-Wright Win User

minecraft bedrock red screen

hey,

thanks for the reply. ;

i have tried this already, but did it again just in case.

still hanging red screen ;(
Thema:

1. Minecraft for Win10 hangs at red startup screen - Similar Threads - Minecraft Win10 hangs

2. Why does my Minecraft (Win10) have no sound?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Minecraft (Win10) have no sound?: After updating the game Minecraft a few days ago on my WIndows 10 PC, I found that the game will not play music or sound when it should. I have already tried restarting the game several times,...
  3. Why do I open the game after downloading minecraft win10 in XBOX, but it shows "Preview"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I open the game after downloading minecraft win10 in XBOX, but it shows "Preview": Why do I open the game after downloading minecraft win10 in XBOX, but it shows "Preview" 86507ac0-ebcd-4697-8e61-f2df2c408647
  4. I changed my user folder name and now I can't install Minecraft(win10 edition).

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I changed my user folder name and now I can't install Minecraft(win10 edition).: after changing my user folder name i can no longer launch or download minecraft (via the minecraft launcher from the windows store) any solutions ? e072ccda-b6ba-4263-b7a2-e2a1fed4df24
  5. Minecraft Win10: "There was a problem loading this world"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Win10: "There was a problem loading this world": I have Minecraft bedrock for windows 10. Today while I was playing, my computer unexpectedly shut down. Now whenever I try to open the world, it simply says "There was a problem loading this...
  6. Minecraft win10版安装时选择硬盘页面疑问。。。

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft win10版安装时选择硬盘页面疑问。。。: 我E,F盘呢?想装E盘,看看什么问题呢? [img] [img] [img] [ *** Moved from zh-hans Community by Microsoft Moderator *** ] 20974cd0-9f29-4c4d-827f-fc49e0b16c65
  7. Minecraft for Win10 for free with Minecraft Java

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft for Win10 for free with Minecraft Java: I was about to play Minecraft java when i saw a popup in the launcher saying that i could get Minecraft Bedrock for windows 10 if i had bought minecraft before april 2018. I bought minecraft...
  8. Bought Minecraft Win10 in Jan '18 but not on my account after Windows reinstall

in XBoX Accessibility
    Bought Minecraft Win10 in Jan '18 but not on my account after Windows reinstall: I purchased Minecraft Java Edition on Jan. 6, 2018. It came with a code to get Minecraft for Windows 10 at no charge. I've been playing the Windows 10 version since then. All my achievements are...
  9. problems with the unenroll the beta test of minecraft for win10.

in XboX Insiders
    problems with the unenroll the beta test of minecraft for win10.: Hi. i have some problems with the unenroll the beta test of minecraft for win10. I dont have any button to unenroll. I tried every solution in FAQ, but it's doesn't help submitted by...
  10. problems with the unenroll the beta test of minecraft for win10

in XboX Insiders
    problems with the unenroll the beta test of minecraft for win10: Hi. i have some problems with the unenroll the beta test of minecraft for win10. I dont have any button to unenroll. I tried every solution in FAQ, but it's doesn't help submitted by...