Minecraft family account - bug still exists for switch and help documentation is...

Discus and support Minecraft family account - bug still exists for switch and help documentation is... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have to raise an identical issue to the post.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by PHLN, Sep 17, 2023.

1. PHLN
    PHLN Guest

Minecraft family account - bug still exists for switch and help documentation is...

I have to raise an identical issue to the post.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-account/1830271e-ca3e-4383-97be-76af5771f37b

There is a reply, but the reply is incorrect and does not fix the issue. The reply says to:

"

• Sign in to the app with an organizer's Microsoft account, and then do one of the following to get to Settings: ...
    • Select Manage Minecraft under Content restrictions.
    • If Minecraft is rated above a member's age limit, enable Allow game play under Enable Minecraft to grant the member an exception to play it.
    How to allow child account to play Minecraft with friends;

Select the Settings icon at the bottom of the Family screen, and then select the tile for the member’s account that you want to manage. If Minecraft is rated above a member’s age limit, select Allow this game under Enable Minecraft to give the member an exception to play it.

"

The second step "select minecraft under content restrictions" does not exist. there is no location in the app where content restrictions for my child is listed. The instructions are wrong. Also on the microsoft family website it gives inaccurate instructions. It does not list apps at all. it says to add a device, but does not give instructions for adding a switch or to set authorisations for minecraft.

I have logged into the family app on my own account and tried to use the app too and looked at my childs account, the only functions listed are:

"activity reporting

App and game limits

web and search filters."

There is no place where it has minecraft. I have clearly used her email address (which is part of my family and is listed as a child) on the switch to log in, it even is aware that she is a child and states that she cannot use realms without authorisation. But I cannot add authorisation.

If I log into the account using my personal xbox account, I can make minecraft work fine. However, I use this for my personal use and would rather manage my child's account instead of having her on mine, which is what it says is possible. she is on my family app listed as a person, but there is no spot for me to run minecraft through her account.

:)

2. Gerardo CG Win User

Minecraft family account - bug still exists for switch and help documentation is incorrect/outdated.

Hi there, my name is Gerardo and I'm an Xbox player. I'll be happy to help.

I apologize for any confusion caused by the outdated or incorrect information you've encountered.

If your child is already a member of a Microsoft Family, and you are an Organizer within that family, please log in to the following website with your adult account:

https://account.xbox.com/settings

At the top, you should see the option to choose which profile (the account's gamertags will appear) to change the privacy settings. Kindly choose your child's profile.

You must set the following options to "Allow" on your child's profile:

* You can play with people outside of Xbox Live.
    * You can create and join clubs.
    * You can join multiplayer games.
    * You can add friends.

I will attach a reference image that I have edited, underlining in red the options that you must modify and pointing with a red arrow at the top where you must choose your child's profile.

[​IMG]

These options are the ones that need to be enabled to remove restrictions when playing Minecraft online, such as in Realms. It is recommended that after changing the options, you restart the device where your child plays so that the changes are applied. Please keep in mind that the game may not detect the change immediately. If it does not and still does not allow yiour child to play online with his own account, it is advisable to wait at least 24 hours after making the previous changes.

I hope this information is useful to you and if you have further questions please let me know!

Best regards.
  3. Unreal Warfare Win User

Killing the Hellkite Dragon

It's a documented bug. Try logging off and back on (to switch server), or exploring some other areas then coming back to it..
  4. WPAK Win User

User-created content

Hi there,

if your account is still considered a Child account, then it is required to be managed by a Parental account, if none exist in the family then one of your parent/guardians will need to add you to a family again.

(Changing the Date of Birth on the account, will not help)
  5. JuleN95 Win User

Minecraft store purchases gone after Microsoft Account login on Nintendo Switch

The platform I play Minecraft on didn't change. I still play on Nintendo Switch. You just need a Xbox Live Account to be able to play online. So this can't be it. I'm pretty sure it's some kind of bug..
  6. DavidCata Win User

Error with iOS iPad Minecraft login - “something went wrong please try again”

It doesnt help. But luckily im an engineer and woked out the cause if this.

For some reason your Xbox live functionality breaks when trying to sign in to Minecraft on an existing WIFI network. Its as if the network settings or IP address is getting blocked by your Xbox live sign in attempt.

FIX - the only way to make it work so yiu can actually log in to the Minecraft app or existing user account on an ipad with this issue is to connect and sign in AFTER you have switched to a different WIFI network or to tether you mobile phone data.

Pls pass this info about this BUG on to your Xbox live engineers to resolve ASAP as there are thousands of kids and other Minecraft IOS users with this dumb problem.
Thema:

1. Minecraft family account - bug still exists for switch and help documentation is... - Similar Threads - Minecraft family account

2. Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...: My son is playing Mine Craft on his PC. He's attempting to add friends, but it's saying 'the parent needs to go to Family Safety to enable him to add friends.' I've gone to Microsoft's Family...
  3. How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...: How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud gaming? db198d53-192c-462d-848c-d90ad08927d2
  4. Trying to install Minecraft on a MacOS with a Microsoft family account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to install Minecraft on a MacOS with a Microsoft family account: So I'm trying to get Minecraft on MacOs, but since I am a child in a Microsoft family I have to ask for permission. The E-mail has been responded to and the request has been accepted but all I get...
  5. Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...: When he tries to join a server (like Hypixel), he only gets the error: "Failed to login: null". I literally watched some youtube video and websites about how to fix it but none of them worked. Why...
  6. Can I share access to Minecraft with family members?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I share access to Minecraft with family members?: Hello! I want to get Minecraft for my son for his birthday, but I want to make sure I can properly set up parental controls on the game for online safety. I purchased the Java+Bedrock Edition on...
  7. Error when trying to buy minecraft for my son using family safety.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error when trying to buy minecraft for my son using family safety.: Something isn't working on our end. Wait a bit, then try here again. TraceID: 5sydQ29wPkKGV8uX.27.95 Give it another try Something went wrong. Give it another try Something went wrong....
  8. My son cannot do multi player on Minecraft because he is on a family account. How do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son cannot do multi player on Minecraft because he is on a family account. How do I...: We do not have xbox. He does Minecraft on his apple air and his iPad. We have a family account but it's telling me to have him send a new request so it won't even set up properly. I've tried...
  9. Minecraft java multiplayer for Kids in microsoft family account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft java multiplayer for Kids in microsoft family account.: I have recently purchased a third copy of minecraft Java for my youngest to play online. I cannot seem to allow the multiplayer option, i have allowed all options in the family/xbox privacy...
  10. Minecraft on PC - sharing / changing the install to a family members account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft on PC - sharing / changing the install to a family members account: Short question that I'm struggling to find the answer to. I bought Minecraft for PC and installed it on my laptop using my own MS account. My child plays it through my account. I want to transfer...