Minecraft cross-play with the same Microsoft Account

Discus and support Minecraft cross-play with the same Microsoft Account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve been looking for a solution hog this but don’t seem to be able to find a specific answer to this question. My son has Minecraft for his Nintendo... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Catuvellauni, Aug 26, 2023.

1. Catuvellauni
    Catuvellauni Guest

I’ve been looking for a solution hog this but don’t seem to be able to find a specific answer to this question.

My son has Minecraft for his Nintendo Switch.

I have Minecraft for the Xbox Series S.

We want to play on the same map.

When I was asked to sign in to Microsoft on the Switch I used my usual Microsoft accounti ie the same one that signed in to the Xbox.

I set up a multiplayer game on the Switch, but could not see how to join on the Xbox.

If I search for friends on the Switch it shows me my Xbox friends. If I search my gamer tag on Xbox, it says I’m already playing.

In essence: is it possible to ‘play with myself’ cross-platform or do I need to jump through more hoops?

As a side not to this I’ve also tried playing split screen on the Switch by detaching the Joy-Cons and using one each but it only seems to let me connect both at once. Do I need a separate controller to make this work?

Thanks.

:)

Catuvellauni, Aug 26, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: