Minecraft Beta Removal - cannot download current version after opt out - Win10

Discus and support Minecraft Beta Removal - cannot download current version after opt out - Win10 in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi All. I opted into the Minecraft Beta on my Win10 PC through the Xbox Insider Hub, played the game for a few min, and wanted to opt out and remove... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DeejayCa, Mar 19, 2020.

1. /u/DeejayCa
    /u/DeejayCa Guest

Hi All.

I opted into the Minecraft Beta on my Win10 PC through the Xbox Insider Hub, played the game for a few min, and wanted to opt out and remove the beta from my system. I've successfully opted out, and uninstalled the game - however when I go to re-download the Minecraft current version from the Windows Store, it keeps installing the beta back on.

Can someone let me know what I need to do to get the regular game back on?

I've logged out of my Microsoft account and back on with no luck. Went even as far as removing the "C:\Users<user>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe" directory where the game data is stored, no luck. I've restored a BACKUP of that directroy with the previous game version, and no way to run it without installing from the store.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/DeejayCa
    [link] [comments]

/u/DeejayCa, Mar 19, 2020
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Minecraft Update 1.14

Version 1.12.1 is the currently the most recent official version of Minecraft in the Bedrock edition.

If you (or your friends) have opted in to receive the Beta version of Minecraft, then you'd be at version 1.14.

So unless you actively used the Insider program to opt in to the Minecraft Beta, the 1.12 version is the most up to date version, and everything is as it should be.

If you want to play with friends that have 1.14, they either have to leave the Beta, or you'll have to join the Beta to get 1.14. But be aware, that using Beta versions, you are playing on untested software, which can cause unexpected crashes or data loss.
  3. bombheadreturns Win User

Minecraft - Multiplayer

You cannot, The Minecraft win10 beta is a ported version of the pocket edition, which means you can't play with anyone unless they have the beta as well, you're probably best buying the PC version of minecraft, but you still can't play with Xbox One unfortunately.
  4. catigerman72 Win User

I want to opt out of the beta testing pls remove it from my xbox one.

Sure, open the registration app, and opt out of future betas. Unfortunately, you will not be able to remove the current beta, but after all users are updated sometime this month you will no longer receive beta updates.
  5. FatalDarkprince Win User

Message "You cannot play on multiplayer servers because of how your account is set up" on Minecraft.

Yes this is from the beta trying to integrate with the normal minecraft. Once you opt out of beta, you have to uninstall beta version and install the normal version again.
  6. Tormaz Win User

Minecraft beta

Hello!

If you opted into the Minecraft Beta, then you removed yourself from the beta program, your game will still stay on the latest Beta version. You would need to uninstall and reinstall the game to get on the latest full (non beta) release.
Thema:

1. Minecraft Beta Removal - cannot download current version after opt out - Win10 - Similar Threads - Minecraft Beta Removal

2. Minecraft beta can't join cossplatform in to Minecraft preview

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft beta can't join cossplatform in to Minecraft preview: Hi.I have problem.minecraft beta can't join my friend in minecraft preview.I added him as a friend and he added me back and saw that he was online playing mincraft preview but couldn't enter his...
  3. minecraft beta that i want yup :)

in XboX Insiders
    minecraft beta that i want yup :): i installed xbox insider hum and it doesnt show me if i can join minecraft beta submitted by /u/Apprehensive-Web8 [link] [comments]
  4. How can I get multiplayer on my Minecraft beta edition

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I get multiplayer on my Minecraft beta edition: My multiplayer won't work on my Minecraft beta edition 0365495f-e68c-4618-94da-712a2b1fe69f
  5. The Minecraft Beta option isn't in my insider previews, I've had it before but its not...

in XboX Insiders
    The Minecraft Beta option isn't in my insider previews, I've had it before but its not...: Ive restarted my computer but nothing seems to work :/ submitted by /u/isaacccccccy [link] [comments]
  6. I can't join to the Minecraft beta

in XboX Insiders
    I can't join to the Minecraft beta: I just installed the xbox insider application to join the beta version of Minecraft but when i try to join to the beta, the option to join does not appear. It shows me other apps to join the beta....
  7. Can I not use insider hub to get minecraft beta anymore?

in XboX Insiders
    Can I not use insider hub to get minecraft beta anymore?: I have Minecraft and Minecraft preview. I uninstalled both and checked insider, reinstalled them and checked insider, uninstalled insider hub and reinstalled it. No matter what I try I can’t get...
  8. Minecraft bedrock beta isn’t showing up in Xbox Insider

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock beta isn’t showing up in Xbox Insider: I used to be able to opt-in and out to the minecraft beta in the Xbox insider app and now its not even giving me the option, how do I fix this? 5b2842c6-361d-46ab-a153-32b036ce0f09
  9. Can I temporarily disable beta Minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I temporarily disable beta Minecraft?: As per the question, I would like to play Minecraft with some friends that aren't enrolled in the beta program without having to give up beta status, as I enjoy being able to look at new features...
  10. ¿How to join Minecraft beta/preview on Nintendo Switch?

in XBoX on Windows
    ¿How to join Minecraft beta/preview on Nintendo Switch?: hi I wanted to know if Minecraft beta/preview of bedrock edition will be included for Nintendo Switch and I know that Minecraft beta/preview is included for apple, Xbox console, windows 11 and...