Minecraft Bedrock VR Chat

Discus and support Minecraft Bedrock VR Chat in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; There doesn't seem to be any on screen keyboard. Playing on a quest 2 using AirLink. I can't enter any text for signs either. This is something that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Flamon Roll, Jul 12, 2023.

1. Flamon Roll
    Flamon Roll Guest

There doesn't seem to be any on screen keyboard. Playing on a quest 2 using AirLink. I can't enter any text for signs either.

This is something that just seems to be unavailable. It's not a bug or anything. I just don't have an onscreen keyboard while playing.

:)

Flamon Roll, Jul 12, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Verify your settings: Make sure that your Oculus Quest 2 and AirLink settings are properly configured. Check if there are any specific settings related to on-screen keyboards or text input that need to be enabled.

Check for updates: Ensure that both Minecraft Bedrock and the Oculus Quest 2 firmware are up to date. Sometimes, software updates can introduce new features or fix existing issues.

Try alternative methods: In some VR applications, instead of an on-screen keyboard, you can use physical keyboards connected to your PC or a mobile companion app to input text. Check if Minecraft Bedrock VR supports any alternative input methods.

Use a virtual desktop: If none of the above options work, consider using a virtual desktop application like Virtual Desktop or Oculus Link to connect your Oculus Quest 2 to your PC. This method might provide better compatibility and access to an on-screen keyboard.
  3. Flamon Roll Win User

I'm using airlink. What combination of settings would I need to adjust between minecraft and vr to get an on screen keyboard to show up? I can use my physical keyboard, but I play in the other room.
  4. Geri M. Win User

Minecraft bedrock VR text chat?

Hi Flamon Roll,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  5. Geri M. Win User

Minecraft bedrock VR text chat?

Hi Flamon Roll,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. As per description, it seems like that you are having problem with Multiplayer on Minecraft Bedrock edition.

Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern. However, before we proceed, we would like to ask few questions about it.

1. Can you confirm if you are using PC, and if what version and edition is it?
    2. Was this working before?
    3. Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?
    4. What was the error message did you get?
    5. Can you share a screenshot if you have any, minimizing your personal information?

These above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we have gathered all the information, we will formulate the viable solution to help you with your case.

So far, from the details you provided, we've found a tutorial on how to play Minecraft VR on Quest 2 using AirLink on the current web page context. It seems that you can use the virtual keyboard in the Oculus menu to enter text for signs in Minecraft Bedrock VR. You can access the virtual keyboard by pressing the Oculus button on your right controller and selecting “Virtual Desktop".

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  6. NeoDan123 Win User

Pocket Edition and Xbox 1 for Minecraft

The Bedrock version of Minecraft is crossplay enabled for Windows 10, Mobile, Xbox One, VR and Nintendo Switch.

Realms is a mutliplayer server made for the Bedrock edition. There is different options for realms that determines how many people can play at the same time. Highest is 10 people excluding the owner. They are available 24/7 if the realm is payed for.
Thema:

1. Minecraft Bedrock VR Chat - Similar Threads - Minecraft Bedrock Chat

2. My chats dont appear for others but I can see other peoples chats. Minecraft bedrock edition

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My chats dont appear for others but I can see other peoples chats. Minecraft bedrock edition: I am gonna keep this short and simple. When I play on a single player world and I have one of my friends join me, when I try to talk to them via chat, they can't see them, but I can see what they...
  3. I can't chat in minecraft bedrock.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't chat in minecraft bedrock.: Whenever I try to chat, it tells me to change my privacy settings, when I do it, it still doesn't let me chat, please help. abb5055e-738d-4021-bdef-25434ee4c0f4
  4. Minecraft bedrock VR text chat?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock VR text chat?: There doesn't seem to be any on screen keyboard. Playing on a quest 2 using AirLink. I can't enter any text for signs either. c55a81ae-9b70-4d8c-a7a7-46e3565aea3d
  5. (Minecraft) How come it lets me send chats while playing Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    (Minecraft) How come it lets me send chats while playing Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my...: I have been recently unbanned from public interaction on Microsoft, and now I can freely chat with players as I like on Minecraft Bedrock Edition for Xbox. However, if I switch over to my computer...
  6. Minecraft bedrock Commands / chat is worse in the new 1.19 update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock Commands / chat is worse in the new 1.19 update: As of the new 1.19 update in minecraft bedrock edition(Xbox), The chat has been messed up for when I try to type things in, especially with my keyboard and mouse, the game no longer allows me to...
  7. Minecraft Bedrock Chat & Commands broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock Chat & Commands broken: I dont know what the hell you guys did, but now to type stuff into the chat on xbox with keyboard and mouse I have to click on the chat box, type in what I want, and have to click the send button....
  8. Not able to see other people's chat messages in minecraft bedrock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not able to see other people's chat messages in minecraft bedrock: Hello, I play minecraft bedrock on nintendo switch in my microsoft account, but I am not able to see my friend's messages they send me in minecraft chat. They can see the messages I send them, but...
  9. Suddenly can't chat on minecraft bedrock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Suddenly can't chat on minecraft bedrock: I've recently discovered that my messages aren't going through in my realm's chat. It will show up on my screen like normal but my friends don't seem to see it, on top of that I've realized I...
  10. Minecraft Bedrock Chat Messages

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Bedrock Chat Messages: Before anyone tells me to: I have already changed all of my privacy settings and permissions to be correct. I am an organizer on the microsoft family and I am an adult. I can see everyone's...