Minecraft Bedrock; unable to connect to game error when using xbox and ipad on the LAN

Discus and support Minecraft Bedrock; unable to connect to game error when using xbox and ipad on the LAN in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to connect to a world (not a realm) from an ipad running minecraft bedrock. The world is on an xboxone also running minecraft bedrock. Same... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RossyiPad, Feb 15, 2021.

1. RossyiPad
    RossyiPad Guest

Minecraft Bedrock; unable to connect to game error when using xbox and ipad on the LAN

I am trying to connect to a world (not a realm) from an ipad running minecraft bedrock. The world is on an xboxone also running minecraft bedrock. Same version. We're on the same LAN. I am able to see the world listed under Friends. When I click on the world minecraft appears to start connecting, but fails with an error message "Unable to Connect To Game". If I host another world on the ipad and try to connect to this from the xboxone I get the same result when we're on the same LAN.

Strangely, I am able to connect from the same ipad, same xboxone, same world when we're not on the same LAN. I am also able to host a world on the ipad and connect to this from the xboxone when we're not on the same LAN.

I have tried opening multiple ports: 3544 (UDP), 53 (TCP/UDP), 80 (TCP), 500 (UDP), 4500 (UDP), 88 (UDP), 3074 (TCP/UDP). This information was gained from the MS Minecraft support site regarding using xboxone. Anyhow opening these ports did not change the outcome of not being able to connect when we're both on the same LAN.

Any ideas?

:)

RossyiPad, Feb 15, 2021
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: