Minecraft Bedrock on Windows unable to play or download 1.20 version.

Discus and support Minecraft Bedrock on Windows unable to play or download 1.20 version. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have purchased Minecraft Bedrock on Windows but am unable to play or download 1.20 version. Launcher only picks up the old 1.17 version and everytime... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nate Sloane, Jul 29, 2023.

1. Nate Sloane
    Nate Sloane Guest

I have purchased Minecraft Bedrock on Windows but am unable to play or download 1.20 version. Launcher only picks up the old 1.17 version and everytime I try to download the update and play it says error on Microsoft end. I have Windows 11 on my computer and this is very frustrating as I own the game and am unable to play it

:)

Nate Sloane, Jul 29, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Nate, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

I’m sorry to hear you’re having some trouble when trying to update Minecraft to the latest version available. Let’s try to sort this out.

Please try the following possible solution:

1. Sign out from your account on the Xbox app, the Minecraft launcher and the Microsoft Store
    2. Reset the Microsoft store cache using the wreset.exe command.

You can follow detailed instructions here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/m...

Additionally, please double-check if everything is up-to-date via Windows Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update > click on “Get updates”.
    You can check for Updates via the Microsoft store.

3. Once everything is up-to-date, sign in with your account on the Xbox app and the Microsoft Store

4. Go to PC Settings > Installed apps > go to advanced settings for the Minecraft launcher > click repair and reset.

5. Finally, open the Minecraft launcher and try again.

However, in case the issue doesn’t go away, please try removing the Minecraft launcher from your PC. Download it from the Xbox app, and once installed, try one more time.
  3. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

i just bought minecraft java and bedrock i can play bedrock but when i try and play java it says buy now but when i click it says already owned and it wont let me download it what do i do?

Hello Georgina, my name is Zahir.

I would assume you are trying to download on a windows pc.

You will have to install the minecraft launcher first.

To play Minecraft: Java Edition, download and install the correct launcher for your operating system. Sign into the Launcher using your Microsoft account, and you will be able to run Java Edition.

To play Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, you will need a device running Windows 10 or 11 to download and install the newest version of the Launcher, within which you can launch and play Minecraft: Bedrock Edition. Sign into the Launcher using your Microsoft account, and you will be able to run Minecraft: Bedrock Edition.
  4. wi7bit Win User

Minecraft: Bedrock edition code

If you own the Java edition on PC, you can get the Windows 10 PC version that allows to play with other 'Bedrock' additions on other devices (mobile, console etc.). It's does not give you the Xbox version for free.

Info here:

https://help.mojang.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2064007-minecraft-for-windows-10

There are two versions if Minecraft on the Xbox:

• Minecraft
    • Minecraft for Xbox One

It is the first one that is the bedrock version and is available on Game Pass. Are you sure you just didn't download it from there?

If you did already get a code and redeemed it on the store on the Xbox, it should still be for the Windows 10 version. You don't get a choice.

Just try and download the Windows 10 version on the Microsoft store on the PC.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

WHY I BOUGHT MINECRAFT JAVA AND BEDROCK EDITION BUNDLE WITH MICROSOFT ACCOUNT CANNOT PLAY BEDROCK EDITION

Hi, the Bedrock edition is the same as the Windows edition. Bedrock on Windows is called in that way "Minecraft Windows Edition"

I see that you have the "Play" button enabled on both versions

So, you're good to go
  6. IvaniFam Ivanishchuk Win User

Can't redeem minecraft java edition

Hi, quick question. So how exactly do I know if I have the Windows version vs the Bedrock version on my pc? Because I installed the new minecraft launcher, and according to it, I have the windows edition of minecraft, even though I have minecraft on my xbox. Would I just be unable to get a free java edition?
Thema:

1. Minecraft Bedrock on Windows unable to play or download 1.20 version. - Similar Threads - Minecraft Bedrock Windows

2. My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10: It doesn't search on xbox and search bar either 385e9ce1-294e-4976-bfe9-6256c1cc3c49
  3. error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc

in XBoX on Windows
    error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc: hello. I'm having trouble installing the Minecraft Windows/Bedrock version in pc from microsoft store . When I install it, the error code 0x80070005 always appears. Is there a way to get rid of...
  4. minecraft bedrock for windows not loading?

in XBoX on Windows
    minecraft bedrock for windows not loading?: When I was trying to play Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my windows computer, the game was stuck at 34% on the loading screen and sometimes it goes to 40% and then completely freezes. After it stays...
  5. I can't "Add External Server" to Minecraft Bedrock for Windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't "Add External Server" to Minecraft Bedrock for Windows: I tried adding a server from Shockbyte, but I am unable to activate either the "Play" or "Save" buttons on the Minecraft Servers tab. I have the correct Name, IP server address, and Port, and the...
  6. I can't update Minecraft Bedrock Edition for Windows 10!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't update Minecraft Bedrock Edition for Windows 10!: Hi, I was playing Minecraft Bedrock for Windows 10 with my friends when I was kicked from the realm because my client was outdated. I have looked all over, I have done everything that I could...
  7. My Minecraft Wont update to 1.20.5 on bedrock in windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft Wont update to 1.20.5 on bedrock in windows 11: I am trying to play Minecraft on a realm but when I try and join it says my client is out of date. I need to be in 1.20.5 but I am in 1.20.41. I have already tried everything that I could google...
  8. Minecraft Bedrock wont launch on Windows 11 PC. Launcher closes if you press play on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock wont launch on Windows 11 PC. Launcher closes if you press play on...: Bedrock absolutely refuses to launch. The only time it launches is if it is set to preview mode, and not the latest release. Java works completely fine, but bedrock closes the launcher and doesn't...
  9. I own minecraft for windows (bedrock) but its not letting me play java and says i have to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own minecraft for windows (bedrock) but its not letting me play java and says i have to...: i own minecraft for windows on pc but it says i have to buy java and its only letting me play bedrock. e7acd915-567a-4109-a681-a99bb0f79a50
  10. Can't Sign in on minecraft for windows/bedrock edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Sign in on minecraft for windows/bedrock edition: Can't sing in on minecraft app or in minecraft.net Error code: Drowned f6977b8c-2cd3-4d30-a68a-20fceea1f69e