Minecraft Bedrock Issue: Stuck on Locating Server Screen (specifically for one world)

Discus and support Minecraft Bedrock Issue: Stuck on Locating Server Screen (specifically for one world) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For the past two days I've been trying to join my friend's creative map, when it suddenly stopped letting me go through. It would load all the way up... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by karliehenry, Mar 8, 2021.

1. karliehenry
    karliehenry Guest

Minecraft Bedrock Issue: Stuck on Locating Server Screen (specifically for one world)

For the past two days I've been trying to join my friend's creative map, when it suddenly stopped letting me go through. It would load all the way up to the locating server screen and then get stuck there, I tried waiting for a good 10 minutes still to no avail. The thing is I can still join his other worlds, servers, and realms, but it's just that one creative world I can't join. I've already tried, restarting my pc, uninstalling and reinstalling, tried to join on my XBox, my phone, and they all had the same problem.

:)

karliehenry, Mar 8, 2021
  2. XBF Javier R Win User

Minecraft Servers Xbox One S

Hello there!

Unfortunately, such worlds cannot be found on the console as some of these worlds were created on a PC and are not compatible to the Xbox One console.

On the console, users send their friends invites to user created worlds/servers that are only available to console users. In this instance, Crazy Pig is a server that was created on the PC.

This MCXONE: Servers website located at the Minecraft Forums
    details Xbox One specific servers.

Try this out and let us know if there as an option to join the servers listed there.

Best wishes!
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Minecraft Windows10/Bedrock edition - Stuck on "locating server" screen

Hi there Peter welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Have you tried port forwarding? Sometimes this helps us to improve our communication between our devices and the servers!

These are the ports you need to open:

TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080.

UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658.
  4. XBF Aicha T Win User

minecraft stuck with "locating server" screen

Hello There ! I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.
  5. SpearDavids Win User

Minecraft Bedrock Edition stuck on "locating server"

I know this is an old thread and hope it gets a response but I literally did ALL the steps from this and still just has the same "locating server" problem.
  6. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Minecraft Bedrock Edition stuck on "locating server"

Hi there Hayes welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I suggest you try these basic troubleshooting steps!

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.
Thema:

1. Minecraft Bedrock Issue: Stuck on Locating Server Screen (specifically for one world) - Similar Threads - Minecraft Bedrock Issue

2. My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10: It doesn't search on xbox and search bar either 385e9ce1-294e-4976-bfe9-6256c1cc3c49
  3. Is there a reason for me not to be able to join an unfeatured server in Minecraft bedrock...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a reason for me not to be able to join an unfeatured server in Minecraft bedrock...: I do not know why but i have watch videos and videos and they are just not helping its not letting me join an un featured server. Is this a missing feature in the new update or a bug? Ps I'm on...
  4. error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc

in XBoX on Windows
    error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc: hello. I'm having trouble installing the Minecraft Windows/Bedrock version in pc from microsoft store . When I install it, the error code 0x80070005 always appears. Is there a way to get rid of...
  5. I bought the bedrock version and Java version on the official website of Minecraft, but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought the bedrock version and Java version on the official website of Minecraft, but...: On this occasion,Before that, I had got the Java version and bedrock version of Minecraft on the official website, but I couldn't download the installation package on Android devices on the...
  6. I redeemed the code to the tiktok cape in Minecraft bedrock but its not showing in the cape...

in XBoX on Windows
    I redeemed the code to the tiktok cape in Minecraft bedrock but its not showing in the cape...: So I watched a Minecraft tiktok to claim the tiktok cape and I got the code so I went to www.minecraft.com to redeem my cape and I did that then I went on Minecraft and I'm not seeing it on the...
  7. Minecraft Bedrock on Ipad login issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock on Ipad login issue: When trying to login to minecraft on iPad I first got an error message "DROWNED". I power cycle the ipad then sign in and enter my email address and password and then it's saying "Add an email" to...
  8. Minecraft Bedrock Edition Family Share issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition Family Share issue: Hello, so I’m trying to do family sharing of Minecraft Bedrock Edition with my girlfriend on her own laptop. I added her to the family, connected her device, downloaded Minecraft Launcher from...
  9. minecraft bedrock/poket edition server joining issue by Microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft bedrock/poket edition server joining issue by Microsoft: minecraft bedrock/poket edition got issues when you trying to join server, it’s impossible to join servers from 1.18 or 1.19 versions, A error *you have to authenticate to Microsoft service* This...
  10. Minecraft Bedrock (Windows Edition) Connection Issues, for Hosting and even joining

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock (Windows Edition) Connection Issues, for Hosting and even joining: Hi I play Minecraft with my GF, we’re both on Bedrock (Windows Edition) she’s playing from her iPad and I’m on my PC. I’ve always had problems with her and others being able to join and I’ve had...