Minecraft Bedrock Edition XB1

Discus and support Minecraft Bedrock Edition XB1 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I've recently been having an issue with Minecraft Bedrock edition on my Xbox One S. This issue has never happened before and it's really... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by _Autarch, Aug 20, 2022.

1. _Autarch
    _Autarch Guest

Hello.
    I've recently been having an issue with Minecraft Bedrock edition on my Xbox One S. This issue has never happened before and it's really frustrating, so I would like some help resolving it. The problem is to do with the new feature where games that you don't have the right to play have a little warning symbol below the game image, well, this is happening with my Minecraft. Despite me owning the game and it saying so when on the Microsoft store, it says I need to renew my Xbox Game Pass subscription in order to play the game. I purchased the old version of Minecraft (Xbox One edition) a few years ago and it let me download the new Bedrock edition for free since I'd already bought the game. It's been fine for about 2 years, no issues at all with it not letting me play or anything like that. But for some reason, that changed about a week ago when it all of a sudden said that I need to renew my Xbox gamepass subscription. I was very confused to say the least since I was playing it the day before, and now I can't play the game and finish off the project I was building because of this bug. I've tried reinstalling, moving from HDD to internal storage, the works. But it doesn't seem to be fixing it. Is this just a way of Microsoft making me spend more money by buying a game I already have? Is it a sneaky way of making me buy Gamepass? Or is it just another glitch which can resolve itself.

I would appreciate some help getting my Minecraft back in working order. I've been missing it dearly.

:)

_Autarch, Aug 20, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

3. _Autarch Win User

Well it's not on the order history for some reason.

This is so dumb. I just can't believe I've been playing Minecraft bedrock for so long. But all of a sudden, it decides to tell me I can't play it anymore and I have to buy the game again to continue playing, as if I have to pay some kind of ransom to have my Minecraft freed from that stupid warning triangle.

Now, I would understand if I had a subscription for Gamepass which had ran out on that day. But I haven't had a Gamepass subscription for about 2 years since it ran out in 2020. The game's been running fine since then though. No issues whatsoever. The main thing I'm so annoyed about is how it happened now. Of all times it could've told me, it thinks that waiting 2 years was acceptable. And it's not like anything has changed with Minecraft, like it being added to Gold or something.

Oh and another thing, sometimes when I click on it, it asks me to download a 0 KB update, which makes no sense. I've downloaded it about 3 times but I still can't play.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Thank you very much! I found an article in regards to upgrading from Minecraft 360 edition to Minecraft Xbox One Edition and it seems like it was not given for free. There is a charge of $4.99 for the upgrade offer which should be visible on your order history.

Here you go: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2014/09/03/games-mi...
  5. _Autarch Win User

I've looked through the purchase history again, but I couldn't find a purchase of the Minecraft game itself. I think that's because I had Minecraft Xbox 360 on disc, and I am sure I recieved the Xbox One version for free because I had the 360 one, and THEN recieved Bedrock edition for free, etc. I've only ever bought Minecraft once as a 360 disc, and it's stayed with me onto Xbox One without re-purchasing it. I have a few pictures to show that I have bought stuff for Minecraft before, and my disc tray for Minecraft Xbox 360 edition.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Francia J. Win User

Hi _Autarch, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

We need to validate if it's asking you for a subscription in playing the game since you don't own the game or if it's asking you to buy the subscription because it is required to play the game.

Can you please let me know the exact complete message prompt that you're getting whenever you're trying to play the game?

Also, just a friendly reminder though that an Xbox Live Gold subscription is required to play an online multiplayer game which can be purchased individually or by getting the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
Thema:

1. Minecraft Bedrock Edition XB1 - Similar Threads - Minecraft Bedrock Edition

2. Minecraft Bedrock Edition Joinable Realms are not working. I keep getting the message...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition Joinable Realms are not working. I keep getting the message...: Minecraft Bedrock Edition Joinable Realms are not working. I keep getting the message, "Failed attempt to join realm. Please try again later." This has now been going on for 2 days. I was in the...
  3. My chats dont appear for others but I can see other peoples chats. Minecraft bedrock edition

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My chats dont appear for others but I can see other peoples chats. Minecraft bedrock edition: I am gonna keep this short and simple. When I play on a single player world and I have one of my friends join me, when I try to talk to them via chat, they can't see them, but I can see what they...
  4. How can I reinstall Minecraft Java and bedrock edition again? I do not want to pay for it again

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I reinstall Minecraft Java and bedrock edition again? I do not want to pay for it again: As what the title says and I cannot find the dang receipt either which is mind boggling I need help BADLY 50eef25b-bc33-493b-b603-dea3002beb63
  5. I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...: I just want to play the game i payed for 2ecbf413-cf31-4fde-8956-dc09756b20b6
  6. if i have the bedrock edition of minecraft and i use the xbox gamepass can i play the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i have the bedrock edition of minecraft and i use the xbox gamepass can i play the...: I currently own the bedrock edition of Minecraft; I would like to know if I could get the java version permanently through xbox gamepass. e5dcc5c6-ac53-467c-a618-eab633ac2011
  7. Help redeeming code for Minecraft Java & Bedrock Edition PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help redeeming code for Minecraft Java & Bedrock Edition PC: Trying to redeem a code for Minecraft Java & Bedrock Edition PC. Recieving error message stating that I'm not logged into my account. I have logged in and out various times and tried it through...
  8. PC Minecraft Bedrock Edition Save Transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Minecraft Bedrock Edition Save Transfer: Does anyone know if it's against Microsoft's/Mojang's TOS to transfer a PC Minecraft Bedrock Edition world to another account? I asked this question to the Minecraft Help Center and was given...
  9. Problem with Minecraft: Bedrock & Java Edition and Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with Minecraft: Bedrock & Java Edition and Minecraft Launcher: Hello, I have recently tried to buy Minecraft Java and Bedrock edition, but the download process is taking too long. I also tried to start up the Minecraft Launcher, but it showed this: "error...
  10. If I buy the Minecraft Java & Bedrock Edition, will I need to buy Minecraft for Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy the Minecraft Java & Bedrock Edition, will I need to buy Minecraft for Xbox...: I currently have a PC Game Pass. I'd like to give it up and buy Minecraft Java & Bedrock Edition. Would I have to buy Minecraft on Xbox Series X|S separately then?...