Minecraft account migrated successfully, but launcher still asks to buy the game

Discus and support Minecraft account migrated successfully, but launcher still asks to buy the game in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello I migrated my minecraft account on february 12 of 2022, I received a mail telling me the migration was a success. But when I started the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Alexandre Rousselon, Oct 24, 2023.

1. Minecraft account migrated successfully, but launcher still asks to buy the game

Hello

I migrated my minecraft account on february 12 of 2022, I received a mail telling me the migration was a success. But when I started the launcher, I am asked to buy the game ? I own it since 2011. Also, there is an error message about a failed connection to microsoft services
    I have 2 screenshots (mail and launcher) but when I try to upload them, I have an error message "upload failed"

Maybe you can see them here :

***Removed image link with PII***

:)

Alexandre Rousselon, Oct 24, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Minecraft account migrated successfully, but launcher still asks to buy the game

Hello Alexandre Rousselon,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Minecraft account. To better understand your situation, I have a few questions for you:

- Have you tried logging out and logging back in to the launcher with your Microsoft account?

- Have you checked if your Microsoft account is linked to your Mojang account on the Minecraft website?

Login here: Sign in | Minecraft

- Have you verified that your Minecraft purchase is registered on your Microsoft account history? Check your Check it here: Xbox purchase history | Xbox Support

- Are you using the latest version of the launcher and the game?

Download it here: Download Minecraft & Server Software | Minecraft

- Do you have any antivirus or firewall software that might be blocking the connection to Microsoft services?

Please try the following steps:

- Make sure you are using the same Microsoft account that you used to migrate your Minecraft account.

- Log out and log back in to the Minecraft launcher.

- Check your internet connection and firewall settings.

- Restart your computer and try launching the game again.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

Have a great day!
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Alexandre Rousselon,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question?

Thank you for understanding.
  4. ShulkMM Win User

I am not able to re-download Minecraft Java Edition onto a new computer

Thanks Ricardo, but I downloaded the launcher and from the Microsoft store and used my migrated Microsoft account, but it is still telling me that I have to re-buy Minecraft.
  5. KhajiBower34 Win User

why is minecraft asking me to change my username after updating the launcher?

Hello Lewcio , I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

Minecraft may ask you to change your username after updating the launcher due to several important reasons.

- Account Migration: Mojang, the company that develops Minecraft, has been migrating Mojang accounts to Microsoft accounts, During this process, you may be asked to change your username.

- Username already in use: If your username is being used by another account, you may be asked to change it

- Launcher Update: Some Minecraft launcher updates may require you to change your username.
  6. Enderkitty Win User

I migrated my minecraft account and it still says I have to buy the game

No not anymore. I had successfully migrated the account closed the window and when I went back to the launcher it wasn't working now it doesn't show that I own the game
Thema:

1. Minecraft account migrated successfully, but launcher still asks to buy the game - Similar Threads - Minecraft account migrated

2. Minecraft Account Lost After Migration

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Account Lost After Migration: I migrated my Minecraft account on January 2, 2022; I know this because I have the confirmation email for it. When I try to sign in to Minecraft.net with that email through Microsoft, it said my...
  3. How to retrive my minecraft account after the migration process

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to retrive my minecraft account after the migration process: I recently discovered that I am no longer able to play Minecraft using my old Mojang account due to a migration process. It seems that I didn't migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account...
  4. My Minecraft account was successfully migrated but I dont have access to any editions of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft account was successfully migrated but I dont have access to any editions of...: Hi, I migrated my minecraft profile successfully to my only microsoft account. (see below images) However on Minecraft.net and in the game launcher It says I dont have the game? Please can...
  5. My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...: My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change the migration from that account to this one? So it will let me login via putting this account's...
  6. my minecraft account says that i need to buy the game. but i did the migration and i boght...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my minecraft account says that i need to buy the game. but i did the migration and i boght...: Goodafternoon, i have a question about my minecraft account. i tried to login on my pc. but it said that i didnt had the game on that account, i know for sure that i did the migration because i...
  7. I migrated my Minecraft account in 2022, I logged into my Microsoft account and Minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I migrated my Minecraft account in 2022, I logged into my Microsoft account and Minecraft...: I purchased Minecraft nearly a decade ago. Ever since Microsoft decided to take over and mess things around for no reason I cannot access my game anymore. I followed through with the pointless and...
  8. After migrating my Mojang/Minecraft account to Microsoft, It says I need to purchase...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After migrating my Mojang/Minecraft account to Microsoft, It says I need to purchase...: Back when I had an old windows 7 PC, I decided to buy Minecraft Java Edition and to my surprise it worked and several updates later, it was barely playable so we threw away the old PC. It has been...
  9. Is it possible to get minecraft account back after it got stolen and migrated?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to get minecraft account back after it got stolen and migrated?: So my minecraft account got stolen few years ago and the guy who stole it migrated the account to microsoft. I recently found out that I finally have access to my email which I had my minecraft...
  10. I cant log into my minecraft account using my Microsoft migration email or other information

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant log into my minecraft account using my Microsoft migration email or other information: None of my skins are there with the email and neither is my in game name b368e3dc-be96-4deb-9931-9473d3e3e35e