Minecraft 1.17-1.18 (Java Edition) crash on my computer.

Discus and support Minecraft 1.17-1.18 (Java Edition) crash on my computer. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried with multiple launchers (including the official one), modded and unmodded. The window shows up very briefly before crashing. No logs are... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ThePython10110, Dec 22, 2023.

1. Minecraft 1.17-1.18 (Java Edition) crash on my computer.

I've tried with multiple launchers (including the official one), modded and unmodded. The window shows up very briefly before crashing. No logs are generated for the crash. 1.16 and 1.19 (and older/newer versions) work perfectly fine. This may not be the best place to report this... sorry.

Device info:

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 22H2

OS build 19045.3803

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz

Installed RAM 7.91 GB

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

:)

ThePython10110, Dec 22, 2023
  2. Jhonkito Win User

Hi, ThePython10110 my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

Thank you for providing the additional system information. Here are some further tailored suggestions based on your specs and the absence of crash logs:

Graphics Driver Focus:

Prioritize Graphics Driver Updates: As you have a dedicated Intel graphics card, focus on ensuring its drivers are up-to-date.
    Clean Installation: If updating doesn't help, use a driver removal tool to completely uninstall old drivers and then install the latest ones cleanly.

RAM Allocation:

Experiment with Allocation: While you have 7.91 GB of RAM, try allocating different amounts to Minecraft (e.g., 2-4 GB) to see if it affects stability.

Thorough Software Conflict Checks:

Create a Clean Boot Environment: Disable all non-essential startup programs and services to minimize potential conflicts.
    Temporarily Uninstall Antivirus: If you have a third-party antivirus, try temporarily uninstalling it to see if it's interfering with Minecraft.

Reinstalling Java:

Clean Reinstallation: Consider reinstalling Java to ensure a clean and compatible setup.

Experiment with Compatibility Mode:

Try Different Windows Versions: Right-click the Minecraft executable, go to Properties > Compatibility, and experiment with running the game in compatibility mode for older Windows versions (e.g., Windows 7 or 8).

Use arm64 runtime for java edition:

Go to the Minecraft Java Edition Settings and checkmark "use arm64 runtime for java edition"
    If it is already checkmarked, uncheck it

Information source (Credits): Note: The credits for this message go to the minecraft forum user TileEntityl since his publication was the basis for obtaining said information,. I hope this information has been useful to you.

https://www.minecraftforum.net/foru...-support/3163884-issue-playing-older-versions

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
  3. ThePython10110 Win User

Apparently it was my graphics driver. Windows didn't realize that there was a newer version. Updating the driver from 31.0.101.2111 to 31.0.101.2115 seems to have worked.

Also, the arm64 support thing seems to be Mac-specific (or at least the setting didn't show up for me).
  4. E.J. Paras Win User

I have Java Edition but it just says "Play Demo".

Can you explain in detail what would happen when I delete "Minecraft versions", "Accounts and Cache" and "Microsoft Store local cache"

And can you explain what "Minecraft versions" are? like are they 1.18? 1.19? or is it Minecraft: Java Edition, Minecraft: Bedrock
  5. Francia J. Win User

Minecraft 1.17 and 1.18 keeps freezing

Hi Buckeyes123, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  6. Fizixas Win User

Why did they ask me unlock full version of xbox one edition but i own a disk

Thanks for info, but i few questions, so how i need to update or i need to buy and there are versions on bedrock, because i want to play 1.17 or 1.18?
Thema:

1. Minecraft 1.17-1.18 (Java Edition) crash on my computer. - Similar Threads - Minecraft Java Edition

2. Minecraft java edition suggestion?

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft java edition suggestion?: Please add a way to add friends in minecraft java edition it would be way easier playing with friends in java edition without having to create a server. now there i am a dummy dum dum and i might...
  3. How can I reinstall Minecraft Java and bedrock edition again? I do not want to pay for it again

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I reinstall Minecraft Java and bedrock edition again? I do not want to pay for it again: As what the title says and I cannot find the dang receipt either which is mind boggling I need help BADLY 50eef25b-bc33-493b-b603-dea3002beb63
  4. How can I get back access to my copy of Minecraft Java Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get back access to my copy of Minecraft Java Edition: Hello During the merge of Minecraft and Microsoft I somehow lost access to my copy of Minecraft. I tried support to get it back but kind of gave up. Now I've realized I still have an email of the...
  5. I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...: I just want to play the game i payed for 2ecbf413-cf31-4fde-8956-dc09756b20b6
  6. Microsoft closed my account, Lost java edition of minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft closed my account, Lost java edition of minecraft: Please explain. Why was my account closed? No reason was given. How do I get my license to minecraft reactivated? 9fe36f72-bda4-4a86-b57a-e9503df6daed
  7. Minecraft Java Edition on PC now saying "missing license"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition on PC now saying "missing license": I migrated my mojang account years ago to MS and had a valid license for Minecraft Java Edition and was playing without any issue. Since some months now it is saying that i dont have a license for...
  8. I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.: I attached an image of the issue I am having. It won't let me download Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC. I have the bedrock downloaded but it won't let me download Java. What do I do?...
  9. My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN: I recently purchased a copy of Minecraft Java + Bedrock edition for my older brother this holiday season with the intent of us to be able to play the game together. However, we have had multiple...
  10. Why can't I gift my friend Minecraft Java edition it said check for unpaid bills and I did...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I gift my friend Minecraft Java edition it said check for unpaid bills and I did...: Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more info 2AP6RMktyEWJYSFjVuR7pQ.198.6.4 d46af0bf-2982-46e2-ba8c-5d9feeef78eb