Microsoft Xbox One Wirelless Controller Broken Usb Dongle

Discus and support Microsoft Xbox One Wirelless Controller Broken Usb Dongle in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i own a Microsoft Xbox One Wirelless Controller for windows that comes with a usb dongle. The usb dongle is broken and i cannot find a replacement.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZodiaB, Oct 17, 2023.

1. ZodiaB
    ZodiaB Guest

So i own a Microsoft Xbox One Wirelless Controller for windows that comes with a usb dongle. The usb dongle is broken and i cannot find a replacement. Can i connect the controller with a different method? Or anyone know where to get another dongle? I hate to throw the controller to garbage for a broken dongle, it doesnt seem right.

:)

ZodiaB, Oct 17, 2023
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there ZodiaB, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

If your controller doesn't have Bluetooth, you can use it with a wired connection by plugging it directly into your PC using a USB cable, as it would be the only alternative if your wireless adapter is broken. There is no other way to connect it wirelessly.

You can try to get another wireless adapter from authorized Xbox retailers (availability may vary depending on each retailer):

https://www.xbox.com/where-to-buy

You can also check if there is one available from the Microsoft Store online, if it's possible in your region, and if they are not out of stock.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. jliang14 Win User

Xbox One controller broken by Windows Anniversary Update

After the Anniversary Update, both my wireless dongle and Xbox One controller (both OEM) appear to be broken.

The dongle doesn't show up in Device manager, despite switching to different USB ports.

The gamepad now won't stay turned on, even connected via USB. Isn't detected in the "Xbox Accessories" app.
  4. SilverFurby Win User

Xbox One controller broken by Windows Anniversary Update

"After the Anniversary Update, both my wireless dongle and Xbox One controller (both OEM) appear to be broken.

The dongle doesn't show up in Device manager, despite switching to different USB ports.

The gamepad now won't stay turned on, even connected via USB. Isn't detected in the "Xbox Accessories" app."

I have exactly the same problem..
  5. Skerza Win User

Xbox One controller random disconnect

Do you have the Dongle for the controller? Usually, they suggest getting the USB dongle( Xbox one direct) instead of the basic connect.
  6. Derpcrawler Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 Issues With Rocket League

Are you using 3rd party Bluetooth receiver on PC or the official Microsoft Xbox One controller dongle for Windows 10?

To rule out issues with Xbox Elite 2 controller I would connect it to phone and try to play something (any free game would do with controller support), both Android and iPhones now support Xbox One controllers as input methods. If there is no issues on phone
    then it's 100% faulty Bluetooth receiver on your PC. If the issues also present when playing on phone, then you have faulty controller.

If the issue is with controller itself or Microsoft USB dongle you need to contact Xbox Support at https://support.xbox.com/

If the issue is not with a controller itself and you are not using official Microsoft USB dongle, I would look into getting one or replacing your Bluetooth receiver with a better one with Bluetooth 4.0 support or higher.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Xbox One Wirelless Controller Broken Usb Dongle - Similar Threads - Microsoft Wirelless Controller

2. I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...: I bought them about a minute apart so maybe that's the problem but I never received the email to claim the second lot of 330 minecoins 7bb13d8e-9715-4bdb-8873-16f7a9e300b5
  3. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  4. How do i Find my microsoft email

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i Find my microsoft email: I have my Microsoft username just don't know my email i cant find any resources regarding this same problem a55c4a53-c5a3-4504-96de-bbb18332905e
  5. Can Microsoft Hold My Digital Purchases Hostage When I am the Purchase and billing address...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can Microsoft Hold My Digital Purchases Hostage When I am the Purchase and billing address...: My question is if I lose access to my account , Am I entitled to my purchases if I can prove I am the person who made the purchase. d5134358-8683-4b6f-8302-cfdebd48820e
  6. How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?: My Microsoft account is unfortunately linked to a PlayStation Network account that is not my own. I am not sure how long that account has been connected to my Microsoft account, but I was only...
  7. Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label: So, i sent back my xbox elite controller a month ago for repair as the trigger was broken and covered in the warranty. I then recieved my controller back, not fixed! So i start a live chat and...
  8. Is there a way to earn the Px microsoft rewards on xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to earn the Px microsoft rewards on xbox?: I can do all of the other rewards but dont own a PC eeed7e03-a016-4a10-90eb-569bebfa9e7f
  9. Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...: Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens PostData: I am from the United States and I live there 3832f2cc-1a87-497d-bb04-42dc406796ce
  10. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...