Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Headset Mic Monitoring

Discus and support Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Headset Mic Monitoring in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have tried everything under the sun, restarting, moving the console, changing internets, checking controller settings and configurations, and the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MxGovern, Dec 28, 2019.

1. MxGovern
    MxGovern Guest

I have tried everything under the sun, restarting, moving the console, changing internets, checking controller settings and configurations, and the general audio output settings; but NOTHING will allow me to use mic monitoring with Microsoft’s own Xbox
    One Stereo Headset, the headset audio settings menu even completely disappears when i use the adapter that came with the headset. Turns out upon reading microsoft’s support forum that their own headset doesn’t even support mic monitoring, can i get reimbursement
    now that i have to buy a seperate adapter just to use a standard xbox feature???

:)

MxGovern, Dec 28, 2019
  2. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

After new headset

3. ZombieCartmanYT Win User

Microphone always on mute

Check the side window at the home screen. There are a few settings for the Headset Mic and Mic Monitoring right there. Also what Headset are you using with the Stereo Adapter?
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

The sound of the MIC goes down when i speak

Hello Lafuine,

Unfortunately, we do not have updates for Turtle Beach. As they are a third party headset. If you see mic monitoring on the audio try moving the bar little more to the right and see if it helps. If you don't have one, you can try a

stereo headset adapter

Thanks,

Brad
  5. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox One PDP Prismatic Afterglow USB controller has buzzing sound transmitting over mic

Update: I still have this problem and I think I narrowed the problem down to the dashboard's mic option called "Mic monitoring" (a feature that enables you to hear your own chat echoed in real time) that appears in the slide-in guide if you have a newer
    xbox one controller that has a 3.5mm hole in it or have (in my case) a gen 1 controller and the chat pad. The options appear on that microsoft gen 1 xbox one controller (with chat pad but not with the stereo headset adapter) but not on my Afterglow controller.

Consensus is that my controller is unable to be used at the moment because of the buzzing and that the fact that the "mic monitoring" feature is enabled by default at 50% and I can't view the option to lower it to 0%. It does, on a microsoft xbox one gen
    1 controller with the chat pad but not the stereo headset adapter.
  6. MxGovern Win User

I don’t think my main question was understood correctly, the only reason i am asking for a reimbursement is because Microsoft’s own product does not allow for use of an xbox feature, so i will be forced to buy an outside product to fix the issue. If you
    could offer a solution or an answer, as to “why does the Xbox One Stereo Headset not allow for mic monitoring on the Xbox One (exactly, read it again and slowly because it is very frustrating)?” then i wont need to buy an outside product... pls help i just
    wanna hear myself in my own headset, and i thought that out of all headsets that would have an issue, Microsoft’s own product would be the last one
Thema:

1. Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Headset Mic Monitoring - Similar Threads - Microsoft Stereo Headset

2. Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Gaming Headset is broken (Mic)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Gaming Headset is broken (Mic): Recently my Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Gaming Headset just broke my mic stopped working and I just found out that my right soundbox doesn't work anymore either does anyone know if I can get money...
  3. Microsoft stereo headset echoes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft stereo headset echoes: I have the Microsoft stereo headset and whenever I'm in a party the people in the party would hear an echo. How do I fix that problem? 4fee26d8-61a9-4ba9-965c-3fdccad3e6e7
  4. Absolutely confused on Microsoft XBox One Stereo headset warranty ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Absolutely confused on Microsoft XBox One Stereo headset warranty ...: I purchased the Microsoft XBox One Stereo headset from a major online retailer in October 2014. The retailer web site clearly states it comes with a one year warranty. The microphone stopped...
  5. Brand new Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Headset cuts out randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Headset cuts out randomly: Hi All ! I bought the official Microsoft xbox one stereo headset that comes with a stereo headset adapter. I did the update with the adapter and headset plugged in. When playing alone or with...
  6. Question about the Microsoft Stereo Headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about the Microsoft Stereo Headset.: Is it a solid choice? It's obviously not MLG material, but my main question is, can you hear yourself when you talk? Does it playback your voice or is it like the XO four where you can't hear...
  7. Microsoft Stereo headset for COD on Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Stereo headset for COD on Xbox one: Hello all, I want to purchase a gaming headset for playing games like COD, as i know you can gain an advantage from hearing the direction on approaching enemies and also for late night gaming. I...
  8. microsoft stereo headset and adapter.

in XBoX on Consoles
    microsoft stereo headset and adapter.: I cannot hear myself in the headset. Is this how they are suppose to be? f9fa4ac6-6c3a-4dde-bc1f-5a64e5088317
  9. Turtle Beach Earforce X1 & Microsoft Headset Stereo Adapter - microphone not recognised

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach Earforce X1 & Microsoft Headset Stereo Adapter - microphone not recognised: Got my adapter a few days ago now and have updated my controllers via USB. If I plug in either the pink cable for the microphone or a cable from the X1 control box into the MS headset adapter it...
  10. Official Microsoft Stereo headset for Xbox One.....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Official Microsoft Stereo headset for Xbox One.....: I've been looking around for a decent headset since my Turtle Beach won't work on Xb1 and I found the above. Out 14th March priced at £59.99. Please someone find me a linky. My PC really don't...