Microsoft Xbox games download is VERY VERY SLOW

Discus and support Microsoft Xbox games download is VERY VERY SLOW in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; XBOX App for win10/11 still downloading slow ******* I have tried the following fixes: ************ Uninstall the Xbox app through App Settings 1.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by James Summerfield, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Microsoft Xbox games download is VERY VERY SLOW

XBOX App for win10/11 still downloading slow

I have tried the following fixes: ************

Uninstall the Xbox app through App Settings

1. Open the Settings on your computer by pressing the Windows + I keys at the same time

2. Select Apps

3. In the search bar or by scrolling, search locate the Xbox App tile

4. Click the gray Uninstall box

Note: If you can't select the "Uninstall" box, choose Advanced Options and then Uninstall

5. Restart the computer

Use PowerShell to uninstall the Xbox app

1. Search for Windows PowerShell in the search bar in the lower-left corner of the screen

2. Right-click Windows PowerShell and select Run as Administrator

3. select Yes to allow it to make changes to your device

4. Type the following command, and then press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

5. Let the command run and close PowerShell

6. Restart the computer

Install the Xbox app from the Microsoft Store

1. Open the Microsoft Store on your computer

2. In the search bar at the top of the app, search for Xbox

3. When the Xbox app page opens, select Install

Note: You may have the word "Get" instead of "Install." if you see it, select Get.

Reinstall the Gaming Services Package

1. Right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. On the Windows PowerShell Administrator screen, type the following command, and then press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers
    3. Restart your computer and see if the problem is resolved.

Update Xbox app on the PC

1. Open the Microsoft Store on your computer
    2. Click Library in the bottom left corner of the app
    3. Select Get Updates in the top right corner and download all updates

Resetting the Xbox app may also help

1. Press Windows + I to open Settings.
    2. Click Applications > Applications and Features. Scroll down or search to find the Xbox app. Click on the app and choose Advanced Options.
    3. Scroll down to click the Reset button under the Reset section. You can also select Repair.

Also tried:
      -
      Checking with my network provider & network tests at the node & no issues found
      1 Open PowerShell as administrator.

2. Enter this command -> netsh interface tcp show global.

3. For me, the "Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level" was set to disabled.

4. To enable it, enter this command -> netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

5. You can enter the command at step 2 to validate that the Auto-tuning is set to "normal"

- DNS flush and reset
      - Turning off real time Protection
      - Checking all apps are up to date
      - Windows up to date
      - Registry clean-up
      - Uninstalled Xbox Live app (which the speeds were better but still 1/10th the speed it should be until I reinstalled it then went back to its usual slow speeds)
      - Enabling RFC 1323 timestamps
      - Reinstalled WiFi & network drivers
      - All PC drivers and software is completely up to date

None of these fixes have sorted the problem and many other PC users still left with the same issue;
      Speeds extremely slow/very very inconsistent/download stopping altogether despite every other program/app not having any issues downloading games/updates etc (this includes windows update module)
      No real acknowledgement about the issue from Microsoft directly, this problem has been going on for well over a few years now

If this problem isn't resolved here then I'm cancelling all my Microsoft subscriptions

:)

James Summerfield, Jan 2, 2024
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello James ,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

3. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Hello Goossens T,

My name is Jose, and I am an independent advisor. It's a pleasure for me to assist you on this occasion.

First of all, I want to remind you that I am here to help and guide you as much as possible with your case and issue. Having said that, let me express how much I regret hearing that you're experiencing problems with the download speed of games on the Xbox app despite having a 1 GB/s fiber connection. Here are some solutions you could try:

Change the Download Region:
    Sometimes, changing the download region in the console settings can improve speed. Go to the Xbox settings, select "System," then "Settings." From there, choose "System" again, then "Language & location," and finally, "Location."

Restart the Xbox App:
    Close the Xbox app completely and reopen it. Occasionally, restarting the app can resolve temporary issues affecting download speed.

Check Power Settings:
    Ensure that your console is set not to shut down automatically during downloads. Go to Settings > Power & startup > Power mode and make sure it's set to "Instant-On."

Disable Background Programs:
    Make sure no other programs or applications are running in the background that could be consuming bandwidth. Close any unnecessary applications.

Download during Off-Peak Hours:
    Try downloading during off-peak hours when network demand is lower. This could improve download speed.

Use Ethernet Cable:
    If you're using Wi-Fi, consider connecting the console directly to the router using an Ethernet cable to ensure a more stable connection.

Check Firewall and Antivirus Settings:
    Ensure that your security software isn't blocking downloads from the Xbox app. Check firewall and antivirus settings.

Reinstall the Xbox App:
    If none of the above steps resolves the issue, consider uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app.

If, after trying these solutions, the download speed remains slow, it might be helpful to contact Xbox technical support for more specific assistance.

Technical Support Xbox: https://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Jose.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello James,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are experiencing extremely slow download speed of Xbox games through the Xbox app. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

We truly appreciate for trying most of the relatable troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue. As per reviewing, I have to confirm the steps under Reinstall the Gaming Services Package. The steps taken were for uninstalling the Gaming Services. To reinstall it back, follow the steps below:

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try to install the game again.
    This is just to make sure that Gaming Services is properly installed again in your device.

On the other hand, can you tell us how are you connected with the internet? Have you tried both wired connection and wireless connection and see if there is difference with the download speed?

Additionally, make sure download settings are set correctly:

• Under Windows “Delivery Optimization” select “Advanced Options” and then make sure any limits on speed are disabled.
    Make sure other downloads are paused or stopped. Any other downloads using your network can severely slow down downloads on your PC.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. Goossens Thomas Win User

Hello,

I work in télécoms and i know that the problem doesn’t come from my Internet connection, vpn ,…

I tried to restart and to clean cache .

I am no the only one experiencing problems with Microsoft downloads
  6. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Goossens T, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

If you're experiencing slow download speeds specifically with the Microsoft Xbox app while downloading games, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. While you mentioned having a 1GB/s fiber connection, it's still worth ensuring that your network connection is stable and performing as expected. You can run a speed test on your device to verify the actual download and upload speeds. Make sure that there are no other devices or applications consuming excessive bandwidth on your network while downloading games.

2. Sometimes, network issues can be resolved by power cycling your modem and router. Turn off both your modem and router, wait for a few seconds, and then turn them back on. This can help refresh the network connection and potentially improve download speeds.

3. Clearing the cache of the Xbox app can help resolve issues related to slow downloads. To do this, close the Xbox app completely, press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog, type "%localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.GamingApp_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache" (without quotes), and press Enter. Delete all the files and folders inside the LocalCache folder. Restart the Xbox app and try downloading the games again.

4. If you are using a VPN or proxy service, try disabling it temporarily. Sometimes, these services can affect download speeds or introduce network congestion. Disabling them and connecting directly to your network may help improve download performance.

5. Downloading games during off-peak hours, such as early morning or late at night, when internet traffic is typically lower, may result in faster download speeds.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Xbox games download is VERY VERY SLOW - Similar Threads - Microsoft games download

2. Games ive bought for PC wont download in either the xbox crapp or the Microsoft Bore...

in XBoX on Windows
    Games ive bought for PC wont download in either the xbox crapp or the Microsoft Bore...: Games ive bought for PC wont download in either the xbox crapp or the Microsoft Bore because of an 0x87e0000f error while installing. YES IVE TRIED ALL OF THE TROUBLESHOOTING AVAILABLE, DOESNT...
  3. Issues downloading games from microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    Issues downloading games from microsoft store: Hi there, I recently downlloaded gears of war 4 from the microsoft store as i was having problems with the xbox pc game app capping my dowload speed, and when i opened the game after fully...
  4. I just got a new Microsoft PC and the game I download from steam auto crashes

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got a new Microsoft PC and the game I download from steam auto crashes: I'm not sure if this is an issue with steam, the game or the PC so I'm just gonna post here first, I got a new computer for my birthday because I wanted to play a 3D dungeon crawler RPG (I...
  5. Microsoft phone with a Microsoft phone exclusive android app for downloading Xbox games...

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft phone with a Microsoft phone exclusive android app for downloading Xbox games...: Hi, What if Microsoft considered a Microsoft phone only app that allows for on device downloads of Xbox game titles submitted by /u/DryAd6599 [link] [comments]
  6. I can't get back into my downloaded microsoft ultimate word game, but I can play it online....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't get back into my downloaded microsoft ultimate word game, but I can play it online....: I downloaded Microsoft Ultimate Word Games a couple of years ago. I've been able to play and watch my progress over the years. Today, the game wouldn't load from my downloaded version. However, I...
  7. cant download Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe Game of the Year Edition from my...

in XBoX on Windows
    cant download Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe Game of the Year Edition from my...: I bought microsoft flight simulator, end 2022, " Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe Game of the Year Edition". It appeared in my account. I downloaded it and installed it. Now I bought a...
  8. Please add "The Warriors" XBox game by Rockstar games for digital download on the Microsoft...

in XboX Insiders
    Please add "The Warriors" XBox game by Rockstar games for digital download on the Microsoft...: Hello, I'd like to request to please add "The Warriors" XBox game by Rockstar games for digital download on the Microsoft Store. This game is a classic! & I'm sure XBox fanatics would go crazy...
  9. Will Microsoft make DLC for Xbox 360 games downloadable through Xbox Storefront?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Microsoft make DLC for Xbox 360 games downloadable through Xbox Storefront?: I noticed just now, the announcement to shutter the Xbox 360 store and make it no longer possible to download games through that storefront. However I noticed that the DLC is still listed in the...
  10. is there any way to download Microsoft game's in rar file.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is there any way to download Microsoft game's in rar file.: I have forza Horizen 5 and Tekken 7 (idk why Tekken 7 is not available for download) already on my Microsoft account. but it takes so long to download. (even after changing the background download...