Microsoft Wireless Headset Mic issues

Discus and support Microsoft Wireless Headset Mic issues in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; According to my friends, when I use Xbox party, the new MSFT wireless headset is having mic issues. It is both tinny and pics up almost all sounds in... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/tdmoses, Mar 31, 2021.

1. /u/tdmoses
    /u/tdmoses Guest

According to my friends, when I use Xbox party, the new MSFT wireless headset is having mic issues. It is both tinny and pics up almost all sounds in my place.

I tried messing with settings in the accessories app but to no avail.

I'm pretty disappointed and considering returning it, anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

submitted by /u/tdmoses
    [link] [comments]

/u/tdmoses, Mar 31, 2021
  2. IceStorm III Win User

Is the tritton warhead compatible

The "mic" you're referring to is the boom mic that plugs into the headset.

The mic I'm referring to is the chat system that allows one to talk to other players. Normally, that's supported by a wired mic cable that goes from the 360 controller to other headsets. On all other 360 headsets, a cable is required from the base of the
    360 controller to the headset for chat. Even the wireless Astro A50 has a mic cable port to go to the 360 controller.

On the Tritton Warhead, that's all done wirelessly, same as the Microsoft Wireless Mic for 360 works. Tritton integrated the wireless mic into the headset base unit so that the headset can be completely wireless - no wired mic cable going to the controller.

It's the wired mic cable that the Tritton Warhead lacks that is the problem. There will be no way for the Warhead's base unit to sync its wireless mic with the Xbox One.

If all you want to do is use the Warhead as a wireless headset without a mic, it will be fine. If you want mic support, it won't.
  3. Seth B. Win User

Which wireless mic is better? the old one or the bluetooth?

Well, it all depends on what you're looking for. The best overall quality mic, would be a wireless Tritton headset. The cord mics are awful. The wires often become loose, and the mics no longer function properly. As for the Microsoft made wireless mics,
    they are good for a short time, but do not expect a lot of use out of them. Often, the battery stops functioning, or the keys on the side stick (Making the mic inoperable).

So, if you are looking for a short-term, cheap, but good quality mic, I would recommend the wireless Microsoft made headset. These cost $49.99

If you are looking for a long-term, great quality headset with no cost boundaries, I would recommend wireless Trittons.

I know that the Tritton Warhead 7.1 Wireless Surround Sound headset costs $300.

Hope this helped!
  4. HalfChaosnova Win User

wired or wireless that is the question

Wireless controller vs Wired

Wireless just because I don't trip over a wire and it is hardly noticeable. Wired will always be better but personally I like wireless.

Wireless Mic vs Wired

A wireless mic is handy but a lot of time, people cut out suddenly and if there is any lag, it affects your headset a little as well. You dont get this issue with a wired headset. I still prefer a wireless mic purely because the lack of wire.
  5. Spud 72 Win User

Wireless Headset!!

[quote user="WarTrooper900"]

i need a review about the wireless headset. give me the pros and cons. rate it 1-10 and so on. i need it buy July 12, 2011. thanx!! XD

[/quote]
    What wireless headsets or mics are you looking at? Microsoft has a rechargeable wireless earpiece/mic. Turtle Beach, Astro gaming and Steelseries are the only companies I know of that make wireless headsets with mic capabilities for the 360. Turtle Beach
    has several wireless headset options to choose from(cheap to expensive). Astro makes competitive, wireless capable headsets, but they're frigging super expensive. Steelseries just released a wireless headset for the Xbox 360 that they call "Spectrum 7Xb" at
    a reasonable price and has several very positive reviews about it so far. More info from you please.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Connecting a headset directly to the console

There is only one completely wireless headset for the 360, the
    Tritton Warhead
    . The Warhead includes wireless sync ability with a 360 console (same as a 360 wireless mic), allowing it to be completely wireless. All other headsets use a cable from the controller to the headset to provide mic support.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Wireless Headset Mic issues - Similar Threads - Microsoft Wireless Headset

2. Beeping noise coming from wireless headset when on microsoft edge

in XBoX on Windows
    Beeping noise coming from wireless headset when on microsoft edge: I have a wireless headset and when I go on microsoft Edge to watch something I hear a beep noise. This noise seems to be completely random sometimes happening 3-4 times in a short span or i...
  3. Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...: What is going on with your Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black (model: TLL-00001)?! Three headsets bought, 2 of them broke in the exact same spot and yet you...
  4. Microsoft wireless headset plastic issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft wireless headset plastic issue: Has anyone had problems with the plastic by the mic button crumble? I noticed where mine broke. It broke by a small screw that was threaded into it but I don’t know where it went. Mine is less...
  5. How many people having trouble with Microsoft Wireless headset model 1944

in XBoX on Windows
    How many people having trouble with Microsoft Wireless headset model 1944: I purchased Microsoft wireless headset model 1944 and they constantly cut out, lose connection and people can't hear every word I'm saying! I've only had these just over 1 month and I started...
  6. Microsoft wireless headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft wireless headset: Hey. I just got the official Wireless microsoft headset. I was just curious if there was a way I could still use the speaker option in the Xbox dashboard to just quickly adjust chat settings. The...
  7. Microsoft Modern Wireless headset-Audio sounds very low

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Modern Wireless headset-Audio sounds very low: I just recently purchase the Microsoft modern wireless headset. Im using it on a brand new Dell Laptop via USB and operating it on the Ringcentral dialer system app for work. The audio while using...
  8. Broken casing on Microsoft cable on xbox wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken casing on Microsoft cable on xbox wireless headset: The casing around the microphone has cracked on my Xbox wireless headset after only 4 months of having them. How do I claim a replacement set. I seem to be going around in circles. It tells me to...
  9. Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset on PC , chat /game balance does not work

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset on PC , chat /game balance does not work: Hello guys. I just bought a Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset as you are aware already , on ear left cup is a control for chat/game balance mix ... which for xbox console is working perfectly but...
  10. Microsoft will not help with official Microsoft wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft will not help with official Microsoft wireless headset: I’m on my second official Microsoft headset that coincidentally has broken in the exact same spot. This unit broke, luckily within warranty…. Microsoft wasn’t having that they told me I needed to...