Microsoft will not allow me to link Microsoft account to Minecraft (PlayStation)

Discus and support Microsoft will not allow me to link Microsoft account to Minecraft (PlayStation) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When I attempt to sign in with my Microsoft account, it claims that it is attached to another PlayStation network account, however it is not. As a work... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by John seed, Sep 29, 2023.

1. John seed
    John seed Guest

Microsoft will not allow me to link Microsoft account to Minecraft (PlayStation)

When I attempt to sign in with my Microsoft account, it claims that it is attached to another PlayStation network account, however it is not. As a work around I attempted to create several new Microsoft accounts however, I still get the same error message despite the account being no less than 10 minutes old and unattached to anything.

Any help is great help, thanks

:)

John seed, Sep 29, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

You would have to contact Sony, as linking happens on their servers

Sony allows a one time only linking of a microsoft account, once one is linked you may never do it again. This is their policy and you will have to ask them to change it
  3. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. May you kindly try using a different device to link your account. You can use a Mobile device or PC, also try using different browsers. I hope this helps resolve your query.
  4. KindGryphon Win User

Old Microsoft account connected to PSN got deleted and can't play minecraft online

Doing this sends me in circles as contacting Xbox support says they can't do anything and redirect me to minecrafts support site and they say the same thing and send me to playstation support and in turn they send me back to Microsoft support its ridiculous
    There is nothing that can be done from Minecrafts or Microsofts side since the account linking is started on Playstations end.

Only they can help. They are the ones who dont allow other Microsoft accounts to be linked once one was already linked.
  5. Sodangidni Win User

Sign a different Microsoft account to PSN

Hello, Nina S. I’m Arturo, and I’ll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I’m afraid to say, but according to the official Minecraft article I’m going to share below, “Once a Microsoft account has been linked to a PlayStation® account, neither the Microsoft account nor the PlayStation™ Network account can be associated with a different account.” and in addition to that, “As of March 15, 2023, please DO NOT unlink your MSA from your PlayStation account via the in-game menu. You will be unable to link it back if you do so.”

Reference link:
    https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360037725571-Minecraft-for-PlayStation-FAQ

I know this is not the kind of answer you were expecting, but Minecraft doesn’t allow us to link a different Microsoft account once we choose to link accounts.

Thanks for taking the time to read me,

Arturo.
  6. HomegrownSilky Win User

Minecraft acc is linked to an email that doesn't exist/work anymore and won't let me play until I login but I can't. What do I do?

Unfortunately, Sony does not allow you to change the connected accounts. Once a Microsoft account and a Playstation account have been linked, that's it. You can unlink them but you can never link that Playstation account to another Microsoft account and that Microsoft account cannot be linked to a different Playstation account. This is all Sony's decision. The linking is handled on their end so there is nothing that Microsoft can do about it.
Thema:

1. Microsoft will not allow me to link Microsoft account to Minecraft (PlayStation) - Similar Threads - Microsoft allow link

2. Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?: I know there are probably a thousand people asking this question but we always get the same answers. "But players who use controllers will have an unfair disadvantage!" Well guess what, the in...
  3. Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...

in XboX Insiders
    Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...: www.tomsguide.com/news/xbox-cloud-gaming-select-titles “We’re excited to share that later this year, it’s our intent to roll out the ability for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members to play, from the...
  4. Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...: So I got suspended recently and I finally am able to get back on and I realize I can’t type in chat because it says my Microsoft account doesn’t allow that. I have tried everything please help me....
  5. Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?: Hello, After spending HOURS following guides, downloading the xbox family app, increasing the allowed age settings, using both the PX family settings and the xbox app, and still my kid can't even...
  6. Microsoft Store and Xbox is not allowing me to login to my Microsoft Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Store and Xbox is not allowing me to login to my Microsoft Account: Whenever I sign in to the Xbox app, it gives me the error "We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live. Sorry, something went wrong. Try again in a while. (0x80070422)". The Microsoft Store app just...
  7. I have purchased microsoft jave for my child but it will not allow multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have purchased microsoft jave for my child but it will not allow multiplayer: How do i enable multiplayer on my microsoft account for minecraft java deluxe edition? c23cca5b-c619-4fd3-a8ca-d46133fd9c4f
  8. Why does my controller not allow me to continue to the Microsoft privacy policy

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller not allow me to continue to the Microsoft privacy policy: When trying to reenter into my Xbox one account I entered all of my Microsoft information on my counsel but once I was done entering the password my controller won’t allow me to press A to...
  9. Won't allow me to play Payday 3 because it says i need permission from the microsoft family...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Won't allow me to play Payday 3 because it says i need permission from the microsoft family...: when i go to my family all it shows it me as the owner of the microsoft family , so i don't know why i cant do anything about it. 25849e72-8e95-4f76-adcd-9d712f350209
  10. Why does Microsoft Allow 3rd party companies to sell crappy controllers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft Allow 3rd party companies to sell crappy controllers?: As much as I have been behind Microsoft. I think they are doing the gaming community an injustice by allowing their patent to be used by 3rd part companies that create controllers made to last...