Microsoft unwilling/unable to delete Live ID & Gamertag

Discus and support Microsoft unwilling/unable to delete Live ID & Gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've actually had a random gamertag (Xbox LIVE account) associated to a Hotmail/Outlook LIVE email address when I created it. . Surely you should be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XDinoTheGreekX, Jan 29, 2014.

  1. Microsoft unwilling/unable to delete Live ID & Gamertag


    I've actually had a random gamertag (Xbox LIVE account) associated to a Hotmail/Outlook LIVE email address when I created it.

    .

    Surely you should be able to log into the new account that was created when you created the new Outlook email address.

    Change the email address associated with that new account, freeing up the new Outlook email address that you created.

    Change the email address of your CURRENT Xbox LIVE ID to that new Outlook email address. Doing all that while on the computer, should still have that same Outlook email assigned to your phone, ON your phone. I don't have a Windows phone but that's basically
    what I had to do when it messed up on my new Windows 8 laptop.

    .

    However, with the new local currency that Microsoft has switched to, changing the LIVE ID associated with a gamertag MIGHT remove all remaining funds off the account.
     
    Gamer Nostalgia, Oct 31, 2018
    #16
  2. Klokkwork Win User

    Microsoft unwilling/unable to delete Live ID & Gamertag

    A customer's perspective is my only perspective. That's all I am, myself. I hear you though, it seems like things like this should be easy enough. I'm just giving you the reasons I've come to understand myself. It would be nice if the phones simply had
    a "disconnect from Microsoft Account" feature somewhere in the settings. If you're trying to let Microsoft know that you'd like this feature to be present on Windows Phone, I might recommend making a post in the Wishlist/Feedback forums, because that is a
    good idea, and it should be made known by all those with Windows Phones who would like this feature.

    Also, my reference to 3rd parties was regarding license ownership. Like when you buy a game from the marketplace that is licensed from a publisher other than Microsoft.
  3. Klokkwork Win User

    Microsoft unwilling/unable to delete Live ID & Gamertag

    (Weird, it duplicated my post. Apologies.)
  4. Jinxed Violynne Win User

    Microsoft unwilling/unable to delete Live ID & Gamertag

    Oh, my mistake.

    .

    I had assumed when he was on the phone, he was speaking with Microsoft.

    .

    Never did the sign up on the phone.

    .

    My apologies.
  5. Jinxed Violynne Win User

    Microsoft unwilling/unable to delete Live ID & Gamertag

    Something's seriously wrong here, with this information.

    .

    First of all, setting up a Live email address does NOT set up a new gamertag. That's not accurate at all. YOU have to establish the connection between the Live account and your gamertag, and this can ONLY be done through either the Xbox console or the Smartglass
    app.

    .

    But don't worry. You can fix this. Do what Nokia says and restore your phone back to factory default. Save ONLY your music and photos, and be sure to list the apps you installed. DO NOT save any phone files.

    .

    Once the phone has restarted, assign your account that is on your Xbox Live account NOW. This is your email address, so the association is already there. Once you verify the setup, you should have your gamertag of XDinoTheGreekX.

    .

    As for the new Live email address, simply ignore it.

    .

    By the way: you can also re-associate your existing Gamertag email address with the new Live email address, if you want.

    .

    That's as best as I can do to assist. Good luck. :)
  6. XDinoTheGreekX Win User

    Microsoft unwilling/unable to delete Live ID & Gamertag

    ^^ Upon selecting 'Create New Live ID' on the phone boot up, it assigns you a personal Xbox Gamertag. For example, it assigned me 'Player1234567' or something to that effect. So a) I was not aware that I could not associate my real Gamertag with a new Live
    ID. b) I figured worst case scenario, I could simply delete that Live ID off the phone..However it was not clear to me that this would only be possible through an entire phone reset. And some mentioned, hey, just back everything up. Well, guess where you're
    told your back up is stored at? Yep. The Live ID you initially created:) So go figure. And as I now put on my tin foil hat, I will add that this is a clever way to stranglehold ppl into an email account, all while siphoning all of their personal data to
    a 'secure' cloud storage. *Takes off tinfoil hat.. Gentlemen, I hope this has appeased your skepticism on this debacle. And not for nothing, at least Nokia concurred that it will be addressed that an email account cannot be removed without resetting the
    phone. Then again, didn't Microsoft just buy Nokia? LOL.
Thema:

Microsoft unwilling/unable to delete Live ID & Gamertag

Loading...
  1. Microsoft unwilling/unable to delete Live ID & Gamertag - Similar Threads - Microsoft unwilling unable

  2. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  3. Xbox browser microsoft esge issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox browser microsoft esge issues: Hi, I have another xbox series x, and gaming wise its brill, but when im watching TV on the browser, it's soo glitchy and buggy. I dont belive this is my wifi, as the same site runs smoothly on my...
  4. Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows: I’ve had this issue for years and I genuinely don’t understand how something this basic still hasn’t been fixed. I own five Xbox Wireless Controllers (Model 1914) and all five have the same...
  5. The 5GB RAM limit in Dev Mode is holding the console back here’s why Microsoft needs to...

    in XboX Insiders
    The 5GB RAM limit in Dev Mode is holding the console back here’s why Microsoft needs to...: Hey Team Xbox, As a dedicated player who loves using Dev Mode and creator features, I would really appreciate it if the team could consider opening up more RAM access for developers and creators....
  6. Microsoft Store (international gifts)

    in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Store (international gifts): They should improve and simplify the GIFT system. Paying for a game as a gift for a friend should be straightforward and without major complications. However, despite indicating the friend to be...
  7. Microsoft store update when scrolling ❕️Fixed❕️

    in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft store update when scrolling ❕️Fixed❕️: The line when scrolling is gone on the microsoft store it was a line in the middle of all the titles when you scroll down up and side to side it was a visual effect in short term. submitted by...
  8. "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account

    in XboX Insiders
    "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account: hey yall, basically, my mom got an email from " xbox@e.xbox.com " (which i googled and it said thats a legit email they use) saying "welcome to xbox game pass" and "game pass is now yours". she...
  9. Xbox update issues regarding Microsoft store

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox update issues regarding Microsoft store: I recently booted up my Xbox after a month of not using it and it auto updated now I can't download games through the Ms store due to the store not loading completely I've tried resets I've tried...
  10. Never Received the Microsoft 50th anniversary badge

    in XboX Insiders
    Never Received the Microsoft 50th anniversary badge: I noticed that some of my friends have the badge on their profiles. I remember joining the preview and checking it periodically, but it hasn’t appeared on my profile yet. Has this happened to...