Microsoft Ultimate Word Games slow loading, hangs, crashes.

Discus and support Microsoft Ultimate Word Games slow loading, hangs, crashes. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; On a Win11 PC, Microsoft Ultimate Word Games. Since the last update the program is very slow to load (it stays on the MUWG revolving blocks for over a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by n0b0z0, Jan 3, 2024.

1. n0b0z0
    n0b0z0 Guest

On a Win11 PC, Microsoft Ultimate Word Games. Since the last update the program is very slow to load (it stays on the MUWG revolving blocks for over a minute.) During gameplay it can slow down, hang, and sometimes crash.

I have tried to repair the program, reset the program, uninstall the program all to no avail. If I turn off wifi it loads and plays without an issue. In order to play the daily challenges I have to turn wifi back on. It still performs just fine. Only when I start the program with wifi on do I have problems.

This leads me to believe that the file in the cloud is at fault, is there any way to clear it or repair it? My wife and I play the game every day and would sure like it to perform properly.

:)

n0b0z0, Jan 3, 2024
  2. Katheryn Hickey-Scot Win User

I had the same issue. I tried resetting and repairing the app in Settings> Apps but it didn't work.

I ended up uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. It is now working. I did get a message saying and update was available. Not sure if you just install the update, that might resolve the issue, without uninstalling first. But since I already went down the uninstall path, I was stuck on it.

I hope this helps!
  3. SusanVan Eyck Win User

Thanks for your detailed report. I'm having the same issue - the app starts to open then very quickly terminates. If I put my Surface Pro into airplane mode I can get it started. I, too, play most days :)
  4. n0b0z0 Win User

Thanks for your reply Vanessa but there's one small problem: I don't own Word therefore your solution is not germain.

I'm having issues with Microsoft Ultimate Word Games.
  5. Vanessaez Win User

Hi, my name is Vanesa and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem. Follow the instructions below for a solution.

Cause
    This problem can occur if changes made to the document are not periodically accepted or rejected.

Solution
    To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

Close all instances of Word.
    Restart Word and open a new blank document.
    On the Review tab, select All Reviews in the Tracking group.
    Select Show Markup, then set Balloons to Show Only Comments and Formatting in Balloons.
    Use File>Open to open the problematic document.
    At this point, Word should respond. You can now accept or reject any changes and remove comments.

Note: Table changes have the greatest effect on performance.

Information source (credits):
    https://learn.microsoft.com/office/troubleshoot/word/word-stops-responding

I hope I can help you solve it.

Best regards,
    Vanessa.
  6. phascina kelly Win User

same issue here thanks for posting it. Second day with this problem.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games slow loading, hangs, crashes. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Ultimate Word

2. Microsoft ultimate word games answer to 6/3/2024 very funny

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft ultimate word games answer to 6/3/2024 very funny: Microsoft ultimate word games answer to 6/3/2024 very funny 07ce3447-e72a-45b0-81a6-ef390f0e0922
  3. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games Word Twister in Daily Challenges for 3/30/24 won’t load....

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Games Word Twister in Daily Challenges for 3/30/24 won’t load....: MUWG Word Twister in Daily Challenges for 3/30/24 won't load. After the ad the program shuts down. Windows 10. ec18e123-345b-4092-8d7f-e2b678002816
  4. Why are Microsoft Ultimate Word Games not loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are Microsoft Ultimate Word Games not loading: For the last few weeks, MUWG was taking 2-3 minutes to load. Today, it shows a splash screen and then...nothing. I have tried resetting the app, but it still won't load....
  5. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games app update issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Games app update issue: Today, I received an update for the Game. Afterwards the game would not load. I then restored my PC back earlier and then in Microsoft Store app turned off updates. Microsoft you screwed up...
  6. I can't get back into my downloaded microsoft ultimate word game, but I can play it online....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't get back into my downloaded microsoft ultimate word game, but I can play it online....: I downloaded Microsoft Ultimate Word Games a couple of years ago. I've been able to play and watch my progress over the years. Today, the game wouldn't load from my downloaded version. However, I...
  7. Why won't 'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't 'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it,...: Why won't'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it, re-installed it, and it still won't load.! c2724715-1cd8-4f5f-8f9b-7a13e12749dc
  8. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Games loading: I first tried to repair Microsoft Ultimate Word Games. That did not work. Then I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. It still will not download. How do we fix this, please....
  9. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games will not load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Games will not load: Microsoft Ultimate Word Games will not load on my wondows 11 pc. Does anyone ahve a fix? 8a57c2cf-6fde-4ae5-a67f-a29c160ef47c
  10. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Games: Having played Microsoft Ultimate Word Games for years, most months getting "perfect" it now won't load. I've tried reset, then uninstall/reinstall. It goes through a synching phase but then hangs...