Microsoft, this is a bad start with the Xbox One. Here's why!

Discus and support Microsoft, this is a bad start with the Xbox One. Here's why! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; No one asked for a all-in-one media hub, and people that still had faith and continued to purchase a Xbox One are disappointed because a lot of the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EncryptedKnight, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Microsoft, this is a bad start with the Xbox One. Here's why!

No one asked for a all-in-one media hub, and people that still had faith and continued to purchase a Xbox One are disappointed because a lot of the features are gimmicky. Microsoft, you just recently lost a huge amount of gamers and fans
    alike. The main problem is the ddr3 ram causing trouble for developer's, not that you can't program a game to be in Native 1080p 60FPS, it's just difficult with ddr3 ram. What were you thinking? I hope this will be a future lesson cause if you're gonna make
    crap no one asks for, then you're going to lose money and let people down which is a bad way to do business and will leave a bad impression on you're consumers for life. I could have personally massively assembled a better Machine if I had the funds, so there
    is no excuse for a company like Microsoft to make a console with low specs and a high price tag.

Well Microsoft, now what? Want to get back in the game? Why not release a external ram add-on for the Xbox One which would at least give the developer's the option to output at higher resolution, thus ending the native 720P controversy which angered
    so many gamers. Let's see if Microsoft as a company will even consider listening to this feedback; or is this forum just a place for gamer's to vent about how they just got burned $500?

Or you know what Microsoft, it's like Phil Spencer said "These are the cookies we baked", (which is like saying the Xbox One can't be improved with new hardware.) So why not give the consumer's what they want. Make another console that is devoted
    to gaming only, you can out due the Sony PS4 specs now that it's already out and get back in the game. Call it the Xbox 720 or something similar. It's not like it's hard to build a computer or a console when you're a multi-million dollar company. You've got
    plenty of funding and time, what are you waiting for?

:)

EncryptedKnight, Jul 7, 2014
  2. Merlin4421
    Merlin4421 Guest
    Headset confirmed to be included with every Xbox One

here's an article back end of june of Microsoft explaining why there was no headset included

www.technobuffalo.com/.../microsoft-explains-why-no-headset-is-bundled-with-the-xbox-one

I like at the end how it throws in there that sony announced they included a headset with ps4....sorry sony but an earbud is not a headset.

I'm glad they did a 180 on this it should make a lot of people happy.

Merlin4421, Jul 7, 2014
  3. Any Chance of GamerTag {Game ID Names} Reservations?

[quote user="pkvas"]

Here's an idea if you want it so bad start using it now and pay the 800 points or whatever it is I've had same gamer tag for 10 years so I don't know price

[/quote]Exactly...why would anyone need to reserve a gamertag...making an xbox gamertag is free and it carries over to xbox one. If you want to change it, pay $5.

Lighte Yagami, Jul 7, 2014
  4. Spyroman12
    Spyroman12 Guest

Have you even played the PS4? Like...seriously?

Spyroman12, Jul 7, 2014
  5. Why are you replying to this topic? You have nothing interesting to say. You want attention, go cry else where kid. Or are you just instantly offended because I mentioned the PS4 in the Xbox forum. I was hoping someone would reply with something relevant
    or intelligent to say...

EncryptedKnight, Jul 7, 2014
  6. TheNaughty1
    TheNaughty1 Guest
    I am not a programmer or expert in consoles.

But could they just release a better operating system for the console.

All these useless programs and apps must slow down the performance of the machine.

I don't know about the rest of you but shouldn't a entertainment system be silent, mine isn't.

TheNaughty1, Jul 7, 2014
  7. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Daft Badger, Jul 7, 2014
  8. Microsoft, this is a bad start with the Xbox One. Here's why!

Thanks Daft Badger, I'll post this in the appropriate sub forum and request that this one get's deleted.

EncryptedKnight, Jul 8, 2014
  9. Spyroman12
    Spyroman12 Guest
    Not crying for attention EncryptedKnight...but as far as saying something intelligent, how about this? I was asking if you had played the PS4 yet because both consoles are having issues.

Your argument about the specs...both consoles can run 1080P, and 60fps.

I noticed you posted this on this forum around the 8th, and was saying about adding extra add on RAM...have you looked up external memory yet?

I could go on and on, but here is the point. Your an early adopter for the console. Give it time to get better. If you do want to give some feed back where it can be read, go here please

forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Spyroman12, Jul 9, 2014
  10. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest
    My PC has DDR3 RAM and I can play games at 1,440P at a solid 60 FPS. That's not really the issue.

I want an all in one media hub though. When MS added apps to the 360, they became so popular that people spent as much time using them as they did playing games online. I want access to Netflix, Amazon Instant Video and all the other services I like to use.
    I want to a Blu-Ray, DVD and CD player. I want to be able to stream content from my PC. I would love it if the console worked as a DVR for TV, although I doubt we'll ever see that.

If you want the best graphics, just play on PC. I've got a high end gaming PC (my GPU alone cost more than an Xbox One), but I love console and PC gaming for different reasons.

SigmaTheDJ, Jul 9, 2014
  11. Apparently I got the DDR3 ram mixed up with the esRAM. From what I heard it's the esRAM setup which is limiting the Xbox One's performance as well as the smaller gpu. I'm just disappointed a little bit with the hardware specs. Still have to admit there are
    some great exclusive games coming out on the Xbox One, but I will never buy third party games for this console as I would rather play with higher specs. These are my overall feeling towards the Xbox One, and I feel they could have done better with this console.

My sources :
    www.extremetech.com/.../171735-xbox-one-apu-reverse-engineered-reveals-sram-as-the-reason-for-small-gpu

EncryptedKnight, Jul 9, 2014
  12. TheNaught1 does have a good point but I can't see and OS update giving to many benefits unless the OS allowed you to choose what process's are running in the background which I doubt will ever happen. However, maybe a newer more efficient version of Direct
    X can fully optimize the Xbox One? Just going to have to wait and find out.

EncryptedKnight, Jul 9, 2014
  13. Davidwoosh
    Davidwoosh Guest

esram is the biggest issue but this should be solved when the new development kits allow the xbox to manage the flow of data to it automatically rather than developers coding directly to it etc

The GPUs are not to different in regards to performance the X1 is a custome version designed for the xbox and the PS4 version is just an off the shelf standard PC spec version.

Alot of these fanboy arguments you see over the net just spout of sheet specs etc but never fully understand the technology.

Both systems will deliver good games and as a gamer we should just enjoy it.

Ive had every console and maybe yes I play my xbox more than the others but it doesnt stop me enjoying the whole gaming community Microsoft, this is a bad start with the Xbox One. Here's why! :)

Davidwoosh, Oct 31, 2018
  14. EncryptedKnight Win User

Apparently I got the DDR3 ram mixed up with the esRAM. From what I heard it's the esRAM setup which is limiting the Xbox One's performance as well as the smaller gpu. I'm just disappointed a little bit with the hardware specs. Still have to admit there are
    some great exclusive games coming out on the Xbox One, but I will never buy third party games for this console as I would rather play with higher specs. These are my overall feeling towards the Xbox One, and I feel they could have done better with this console.

My sources :
    www.extremetech.com/.../171735-xbox-one-apu-reverse-engineered-reveals-sram-as-the-reason-for-small-gpu
  15. Davidwoosh Win User

esram is the biggest issue but this should be solved when the new development kits allow the xbox to manage the flow of data to it automatically rather than developers coding directly to it etc

The GPUs are not to different in regards to performance the X1 is a custome version designed for the xbox and the PS4 version is just an off the shelf standard PC spec version.

Alot of these fanboy arguments you see over the net just spout of sheet specs etc but never fully understand the technology.

Both systems will deliver good games and as a gamer we should just enjoy it.

Ive had every console and maybe yes I play my xbox more than the others but it doesnt stop me enjoying the whole gaming community :)
  16. EncryptedKnight Win User

Thanks Daft Badger, I'll post this in the appropriate sub forum and request that this one get's deleted.
  17. Daft Badger Win User

18. TheNaughty1 Win User

I am not a programmer or expert in consoles.

But could they just release a better operating system for the console.

All these useless programs and apps must slow down the performance of the machine.

I don't know about the rest of you but shouldn't a entertainment system be silent, mine isn't.
Thema:

1. Microsoft, this is a bad start with the Xbox One. Here's why! - Similar Threads - Microsoft bad start

2. Microsoft Apps behaving badly?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Apps behaving badly?: Microsoft Store - & what looks like alot more! (mods ignored, & illegal account access by anyone!) part.1 (store front installs [any app] & why nothing is being done to address users privacy)?...
  3. Why does Microsoft’s parental controls suck so bad? I have a theory that it is the poor...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft’s parental controls suck so bad? I have a theory that it is the poor...: I think the identity management systems are terrible. Maybe they could write and API to Google. 4df3d1a3-fd3b-48a8-9559-3bc2c7f0a3b2
  4. Why is Microsoft support so bad?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Microsoft support so bad?: I cannot log in my Microsoft account as the same error pops up everytime. Also it looks as if my account got deleted for no reason since when I tried making another account with the same email I...
  5. Why is microsoft support so bad?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is microsoft support so bad?: [mod removed] Hello everyone! I recently got hacked on minecraft and microsoft support is literally useless. First of all I sent a ticket to minecraft support but they said that the cant do...
  6. Why is Xbox / Microsoft customer support so bad?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is Xbox / Microsoft customer support so bad?: Since Sunday I haven't been able to use my Xbox One X via Console Companion as it no longer finds my xbox and when it does it says that the Xbox or App need updating or that it's not turned on, So...
  7. Xbox / microsoft is a bad company

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox / microsoft is a bad company: They don't reply to me on twitter about issues, I try call them but apparently there is an issue when I put my number in, it has been like this for the past week submitted by /u/DarkBob40...
  8. Why is Microsoft support so bad?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Microsoft support so bad?: My Microsoft account got hacked(Not this one) over a month ago. I was able to chat with an agent via live chat, trying to transfer everything from the hacked account to a new one I created. I...
  9. Why is microsoft support so bad?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is microsoft support so bad?: For the size of the company its ridiculous how hard you have to try in order to get through to anyone. A callback service that has been broken for months, a 'live chat' that never actually...
  10. why is the xbox app and microsoft store so bad

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is the xbox app and microsoft store so bad: I've been having this issue for so long now; I have lost track of time. I keep trying to install Forza Horizon 5 via the Xbox PC app and every time it gives me an error code showing I don't have...