Microsoft Support keeps ignoring me on Mistake purchase refund request

Discus and support Microsoft Support keeps ignoring me on Mistake purchase refund request in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought XBox and Fortnite for my 8 years old son. Once I asked for help from support and then he recommended buying game-pass costs 1$. He sent me a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SO0510, Jun 12, 2019.

1. SO0510
    SO0510 Guest

I bought XBox and Fortnite for my 8 years old son.

Once I asked for help from support
    and then he recommended buying game-pass costs 1$.
    He sent me a link to add Credit Card info on my son's account.

On 8th May, I was noticed that my son bought 100$ item in Fortnite.
    I searched and submit the self-service refund.
    I went to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments
    and clicked Remove on Credit Card info.

2 days later refund accepted.
    On the next day, I saw my son bought 300$ items.
    I did submit self-service refund again and was rejected.

I'm new to online item purchase and didn't know that refund can happen only once.
    On the first refund process, there was no warning message that refund is only once in a life-time.

I contacted Microsoft/XBox Support and tried to explain that
    my son spent 300$ in the game by mistake.
    So far Microsoft Support keeps ignoring me.

I want to claim followings.
    - XBox Support suggested me to add Credit Card on my son's account with no explanation about the mistake purchase risk
    - I did remove Credit Card info from https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments
    I saw the Credit Card info disappear from the page (But didn't double-check with F5)
    - Microsoft didn't notify me that refund can happen only once
    (Probably it is on the term of service, but how many of us read it before the problem happens?)

I contacted Microsoft Support and understand that
    there is no way to communicate with the refund team.
    I just want to hear from refund team, explain to me how they are correct and I'm wrong here.

:)

SO0510, Jun 12, 2019
  2. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

On top of contacting Support, I would suggest also trying to fix the issue on the home front in your son having access to purchase in-game content like that. Support will not keep refunding large purchases like that, as it can be heavily abused. People
    would start buying lots of content to help in matches that day, then getting a refund the next day, so basically playing with exclusive/high level abilities for free. I would suggest setting parental controls on your Xbox and removing all credit card info
    from the console, permanently.
  3. AngelObullets Win User

Hi there SO0510

Sorry that you having this issue, I suggest these things, Passkey on purchases or entering password of email before purchasing ect. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/security/prevent-unauthorized-purchases This
    is might be why there are like this keeps happening and some refunds cannot be applied example In game premium currency are very difficult to refund. So this could be the reason why they are not refunding.

The refund team can only be contacted via the self request for a refund, The risks of a child purchasing is high and is explained on the family settings on how to do things and make things secure for yourself and child. Sorry that we cannot direct you how
    to get refunded if they have already said no go on that purchase already.
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

As well as the info listed previously I would also recommend putting parental controls on your son's account. You can turn off the option to purchase items if you are listed as the parent account. You can restrict your son's purchasing ability via this
    link https://account.microsoft.com/family/
  5. RandyAU93 Win User

Fortnite - 2,500 (+300 Bonus) V-Bucks.

If you purchased this using your Microsoft account, the content will be part of your Microsoft account and cannot be transferred. Due to the mistake in purchasing, you may be able to

request a refund for it
    , or speak to
    Xbox Live Support
    to see what other options may be available.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Minecraft - Missing Skin Pack

Hi Countdown826,

A refund request for anything purchased by mistake through the Microsoft Store would need to go through the refund solution article and then fill out a

refund request form

Further information on what to expect after submitting the form can be found
    here

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Support keeps ignoring me on Mistake purchase refund request - Similar Threads - Microsoft Support keeps

2. How do I contact Xbox Microsoft support?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I contact Xbox Microsoft support?: I’ve been trying to get in contact with them all morning but their website when I’m signed in and select contact us they say their call feature is unavailable even though it’s well in the time for...
  3. How do I get in contact with Microsoft support so they can help me get an account that was...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get in contact with Microsoft support so they can help me get an account that was...: so they can help me get an account that was hacked and replaced my email with some sketchy outlook email I have the email that originally had it but my Microsoft email got changed and it says my...
  4. Why does microsoft support suck?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does microsoft support suck?: They never truly have a grasp over the community and they aren't ever helpful. Multiple people i know who had Mojang/Minecraft Accounts who linked the accounts to microsoft accounts that some...
  5. Is there an email address that I can use to contact Microsoft support

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there an email address that I can use to contact Microsoft support: Hello, recently I was looking into what type of cable my Xbox one controller uses so that I can purchase a new one without having to buy a whole new controller. While looking into this I found an...
  6. How to fix my overheating Xbox Series X and/or get Microsoft support to contact me!

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix my overheating Xbox Series X and/or get Microsoft support to contact me!: I have an Xbox Series X with an overheating problem, it regularly turns off and won't turn back on unless I leave it unplugged overnight. A similar issue occurred when I first bought it 9 months...
  7. Well Microsoft support Lebanon for Microsoft rewards

in XBoX on Windows
    Well Microsoft support Lebanon for Microsoft rewards: Hello I'm a user of Xbox I have account but it tell me to chose my country reigon but it's not supported what I can do I want to earn more points. 9aac62ea-830e-42f1-939e-44e45bbfa9c2
  8. I keep getting thrown to the community after contacting Microsoft Support for a refund on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I keep getting thrown to the community after contacting Microsoft Support for a refund on...: The support from Microsoft is ludicrous, they can't even develop a game properly now...after updates the game just crashes! WELL DONE MICROSOFT. 1f2808ba-e529-493c-ae7c-b73378ab1152
  9. Come on Microsoft, keep the USB tv tuner support on the Series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Come on Microsoft, keep the USB tv tuner support on the Series X.: One of the things I loved about my Xbox oneX was that it was my media console for everything. I know they did away with the TV guide, but the USB tv tuner still worked and the dvr also. Why would...
  10. Keep getting a message saying to contact Microsoft support anytime I try to make a purchase...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keep getting a message saying to contact Microsoft support anytime I try to make a purchase...: Keep getting a message saying to contact Microsoft support anytime I try to make a purchase on the xbox store and cant figure out how to contact an actual human being to discuss my problem with....