Microsoft store wont let me download games using my game pass.

Discus and support Microsoft store wont let me download games using my game pass. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried everything on forums. I see that it downloads gaming services then soon as it goes to install it. It throws a Error 0x80070005. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jared brown3, Sep 26, 2023.

1. Jared brown3
    Jared brown3 Guest

I have tried everything on forums. I see that it downloads gaming services then soon as it goes to install it. It throws a Error 0x80070005. I have watched youtube videos on it used command prompt, PowerShell, I have completely wiped my whole computer and fixed windows multiple times. Still nothing. I am tired of pay for a gaming services that I can't use.

:)

Jared brown3, Sep 26, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Jared brown3,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are experiencing issue on downloading games from Microsoft store and the troubleshooting steps keep the issue persistent. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

If we may ask, have you tried downloading the games through the Xbox app and still having the same issue? Below are the troubleshooting steps that we can add to what have been done already.

1. Make sure Windows is up to date.

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available including optional updates for your device.
    • Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    2. Make sure Xbox app is up to date.

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select Library.
    • Under Updates & downloads, check if there is any updates available for the Xbox app. If an update is available, select Update.
    3. Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

> To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

4. Uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try to install the game again.
    Additionally, you can also try the troubleshooting steps shared by Blocklad which you can also find the thread link here: Fix for Game Pass for PC Admin Error (0x80070005) - Microsoft Community

• Open the Settings app (the gear in the start menu)
    • Open Accounts
    • Click Sign-in Options
    • Scroll down to Privacy
    • Uncheck "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart."
    • Restart your device.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Jared brown3,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. WizardOfOzzie Win User

Ark won't download on my PC in the microsoft store

yes oddly enough it wont let me start the download from the MS store...only the game pass app. after starting it in the game pass app it pops into the queue in the MS store but it is still stalled at 0.
  5. ReggieMiller1 Win User

error 0x803f800e

Same issue paid for my game pass on the 12 and they wont let me access the game. Great job Microsoft!
  6. ANNiHiLATii0N Win User

nuketown zombies

No joke right? I paid 50$ for my season pass 2 weeks ago! And Nuketown Zombies wont even show up in my store, let alone allow me to download it. If people who have no season pass are getting it free, how is that fair to those of us who paid for it? Microsoft,
    Treyarch, Activision, do you enjoy taking peoples money?
Thema:

1. Microsoft store wont let me download games using my game pass. - Similar Threads - Microsoft store wont

2. microsoft store wont let me download ark genesis add on

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft store wont let me download ark genesis add on: I bought both ark genesis part 1 and part 2 on my Xbox as the were first released and I have had no problem downloading them before on windows 10 but when I recently tried reinstalling them it...
  3. Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app: Description of the problem: When I click to open it, a window appears with a white background and the roblox symbol in the middle and after a few seconds it closes. When I tried to open roblox...
  4. Microsoft store wont update or install microsoft apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store wont update or install microsoft apps: Microsoft Store wont update or install Microsoft apps. I believe it needs to update itself to fix this but it cannot. I am trying to get xbox app after removing it because it was not working...
  5. Microsoft store and Xbox App wont update/install

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store and Xbox App wont update/install: Microsoft wont update and is just stuck saying "pending" and when it does say it is downloading it just stays at 1 percent. I just got this PC i tried to factory reset it did not work. And same...
  6. I bought a game from microsoft store using a code from (removed) but it wont show on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a game from microsoft store using a code from (removed) but it wont show on...: I bought a game from microsoft store using a code from (removed) but it wont show on another device? It also does not show in my purchase history and will only allow me to purchase it again from...
  7. hello! for some reasons xbox pc wont launch, and so does microsoft store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hello! for some reasons xbox pc wont launch, and so does microsoft store.: it used to work, but now, it doesnt for some reasons. i ahve tried and done every single thing/soplutions on reddit and yt. please help me, i am struggling and i wanna play games. thank you!...
  8. Why wont my microsoft store finish updating on my xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my microsoft store finish updating on my xbox series s: I can open my store but i always have its update running in the backround and i think its affecting my gaming speed/fps im on xbox series s b1e0e99e-f961-4d3b-aea1-17638ad054ca
  9. My microsoft store wont work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microsoft store wont work: My microsoft store doesn't work i open it and i can't install anything it says something wnet wrong and i press reload and the same thing and i exit and see the store installing when it reaches...
  10. Minecraft Trial wont show up on microsoft store after trying everything

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Trial wont show up on microsoft store after trying everything: I recently factory reset my windows 11 laptop and decided to get minecraft for windows (the trial version) and for some reason i dont see it anywhere. I reset my laptop , cache reset , repaired it...