Microsoft store will not download or update apps.

Discus and support Microsoft store will not download or update apps. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My overall goal is to be able to install Minecraft I can click install from the Microsoft store page, but it just loads for 10ish seconds and goes... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Carrot Playz, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Carrot Playz
    Carrot Playz Guest

My overall goal is to be able to install Minecraft

I can click install from the Microsoft store page, but it just loads for 10ish seconds and goes back to a blue install button.
    I went to the library to check for updates, and it just loads and says "Something happened on our end"

I tried the wsreset.exe, it did nothing.

I figured it might have something to do with the xbox app, it wouldn't load. It said it couldn't connect to the internet. (I have a good connection)
    After repairing and then resetting the app, it now says "Application update required"
    I go to update "Gaming Services", but it just loads and again says "Something happened on our end"

I used System File Checker, but it fixed nothing

I also restarted my computer twice, nothing.

Not sure if this is connected with my issue, but the Epic Games launcher gets stuck on "Please wait while we start your update"
    For the Epic Games problem, I've done basically everything on the internet. I've tried at least 10, maybe 15 solutions, meaning the solution I need for this problem (which may be unrelated, but might be useful information, so better safe than sorry) is not an easy google search.

:)

Carrot Playz, Jan 4, 2024
  2. SammyVS Win User

i cant download Minecraft launcher

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Follow these steps and try downloading and installing the launcher through the Microsoft Store or Xbox app.
    Check for updates on Windows Update, update everything including optional/additional updates.
    1. Logout from Xbox app and Microsoft Store app
    2. Look for the Xbox app and Microsoft Store app in the Windows menu, right-click, click app settings and then click terminate, restore and reset.
    3. Clear the store cache type ''wsreset'' in the Windows bar, run as admin, and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.
    4. Open the Microsoft Store app, click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner>downloads updates>get updates and update everything.
    5. Restart your PC, log in to both apps and see if that solves the problem.
  3. TravisBurbanks Win User

Latest mandatory update for flight simulator 2020 not showing up or downloading in microsoft store.

Download xbox app on your pc from the microsoft store then on microsoft store click 3 dots "downloads and updates" and you should be able to do so.

Make sure simulator app is not running
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Xbox App Unavailable to Install?

Clear the cache of the Microsoft Store app. To do this, open the Microsoft Store app, click on the three dots in the top right corner, and select "Downloads and updates". Then, click on "Get updates" and wait for the process to complete.
  5. XBF - Amory Win User

Resume Install not working in Xbox app + Games Pass on Windows 11.

Hello there! Let's try two additional things. First, please double check that the Microsoft Store app is also up to date (Updating apps in the Microsoft Store, which also applies updates to the Microsoft Store app itself). Afterwards, try initiating the download from the Microsoft Store app.

1. Open the Microsoft Store app
    2. Search for the game you're trying to download (use the search bar at the top)
    3. Select Install from Xbox App from the game's description page
    This should kick-start the game download for you after a moment. Please let us know if this does or doesn't work for you.
  6. SammyVS Win User

Game Gifted To PC account wont install after Redeeming code

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

These steps can help you, give it a try.

Check for updates on Windows Update, update everything including optional/additional updates.

1. Logout from Xbox app and Microsoft Store app

2. Look for the Xbox app and Microsoft Store app in the Windows menu, right-click, click app settings and then click terminate, restore and reset.

3. Clear the store cache type ''wsreset'' in the Windows bar, run as admin, and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.

4. Open the Microsoft Store app, click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner>downloads updates>get updates and update everything.

5. Restart your PC, log in to both apps and see if that solves the problem.

Make sure you are logged into the Xbox app and Microsoft Store with the account that used the code and also try downloading the game through the Microsoft Store app on your Windows.
Thema:

1. Microsoft store will not download or update apps. - Similar Threads - Microsoft store download

2. Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?: Hi! While downloading games in the microsoft store the download speeds are often capped at ~700 kbps or less. This is not only the case for myself, but also for at least five of my friends....
  3. i cant download anything on microsoft store because it says "D:\ __ no folder yet"

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant download anything on microsoft store because it says "D:\ __ no folder yet": i cant download anything on microsoft store because it says "D:\ __ no folder yet" and ive been trying anything and everytime i go into settings on microsoft store my whole microsoft crashes...
  4. can i download call of duty black ops 6 and hq on microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    can i download call of duty black ops 6 and hq on microsoft store: i have the game pass ultimate on pc and i just pre installed the call of duty black ops 6 game but it is only 10mb and i was thinking how do i download the call of duty hq app on microsoft store...
  5. Abysmal download speed in the Microsoft Store and Xbox App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Abysmal download speed in the Microsoft Store and Xbox App: I am furious! It's been a while that I have abysmal download speed in the Windows Store and Xbox Application on PC. Everything related to Microsoft is just outrageously slow! Flight simulator...
  6. Microsoft store stuck on pending and downloading 0% when downloading Sea of Thieves.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store stuck on pending and downloading 0% when downloading Sea of Thieves.: So i want to download sea of thieves on the microsoft store but when i click install it is stuck on pending and downloading 0% and keeps switching from those states. It says the same from the...
  7. Microsoft store downloads are all stuck on installing or pending

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store downloads are all stuck on installing or pending: Hi, Lately I haven't been able to access the xbox app on my PC, because everytime I try opening it says it's updating then the update fails, I press "Try again", and the update stays stuck at 0%...
  8. Microsoft store download / install issue, need some help

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store download / install issue, need some help: Hello microsoft community! I need some help, just what the title says. I want to install minecraft or minecraft launcher on windows 10/11 pc. I already have a minecraft account. However the...
  9. Issues downloading games from microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    Issues downloading games from microsoft store: Hi there, I recently downlloaded gears of war 4 from the microsoft store as i was having problems with the xbox pc game app capping my dowload speed, and when i opened the game after fully...
  10. My E drive is not showing up when I try download something onto it in microsoft store and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My E drive is not showing up when I try download something onto it in microsoft store and...: I recently reset my pc because I was having trouble with permissions and when I went to download a game from the xbox app my hard drive I download my games onto (My E drive) wasnt there I then...