Microsoft Store stuck on pending or not installing an app

Discus and support Microsoft Store stuck on pending or not installing an app in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have had several issues with both microsoft store and Xbox App not showing/installing apps or games. I have tried the steps in:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AntuKillén, Jun 15, 2023.

1. AntuKillén
    AntuKillén Guest

I have had several issues with both microsoft store and Xbox App not showing/installing apps or games.

I have tried the steps in:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...oft Account in MS Store.&text=Open Settings =>%20Update%20%26%20Security,Apps%20%3D>%20Run%20the%20Troubleshooter.&text=>>%20Press%20the%20Windows%20Logo%20Key,exe%2C%20and%20then%20select%20OK.

as well as

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-41c8-b206-15bfa780d233#:~:text=Select Start >%20Settings%20>%20Apps%20>,app%20you%20want%20to%20fix.

And several more. I can't get them to work, a week ago I had to full restore windows 11 because all native apps like store, calculator, calendar, paint, etc stopped working.

:)

AntuKillén, Jun 15, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! My name is Darhyl, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

Kindly try to perform the following troubleshooting steps:

Make sure to update your Windows, Device Drivers, Microsoft Store, Xbox, and gaming services app:

Windows:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.

On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.

On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device.

Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.

Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.

Device Drivers:

For the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.

Microsoft Store:

On the taskbar, select Microsoft Store Shopping bag-shaped Store icon to open it.

If you don't see Microsoft Store Shopping bag-shaped Store icon on the taskbar, it might have been unpinned. Here's how to find it: In the search box on the taskbar, enter Microsoft Store, then select it from the list.

After you've opened Microsoft Store, select More Three-dot More icon > Downloads and updates > Get updates.

Xbox and gaming services:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.

Select Library.

Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...
  3. D. H Win User

Microsoft Store and Xbox downloading error

The last option didn't work and had a bunch of fails and I can't download any app on Microsoft store it is stuck on pending including gaming services when i try to download.
  4. ChadSnyder1 Win User

Help, I can't install the xbox app and I get error code 0x80073cfe every time I try

No pending updates, ran the command in powershell and rebooted. Same error when trying to install game services. Or any other microsoft store app update for that matter.
  5. Wille M. Win User

Xbox PC App stuck on checking for updates, can't download, cancel or pause installations.

Thanks for the reply, I'm happy to continue helping. :)

Generally, when a WIndows installation or update is finished, it tries to update the native apps and programs/games installed through the Microsoft Store.

It is normal that it takes a while to download, as there are many. Leave the PC on for a few hours and see if the downloads are started and completed, as the download is in sequential order, so some apps or games are pending. And for that reason you can't cancel them.

When accessing the Library in the Microsoft Store, are there no other downloads in progress or pending?
  6. Ironwilled Win User

downloading on windows 10 from microsoft store

Thema:

1. Microsoft Store stuck on pending or not installing an app - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store stuck

2. Microsoft store stuck on pending and downloading 0% when downloading Sea of Thieves.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store stuck on pending and downloading 0% when downloading Sea of Thieves.: So i want to download sea of thieves on the microsoft store but when i click install it is stuck on pending and downloading 0% and keeps switching from those states. It says the same from the...
  3. Microsoft store downloads are all stuck on installing or pending

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store downloads are all stuck on installing or pending: Hi, Lately I haven't been able to access the xbox app on my PC, because everytime I try opening it says it's updating then the update fails, I press "Try again", and the update stays stuck at 0%...
  4. Xbox App stuck on logo and Microsoft Store not downloading Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App stuck on logo and Microsoft Store not downloading Minecraft Launcher: I've been trying to install Minecraft for hours now. The Microsoft store will not download the game ir the launcher and I cannot open the xbox app either. I have tried: 1. Uninstalling and...
  5. Microsoft Store apps stuck on Error 0x80070002 "Something happened on our end" during...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Store apps stuck on Error 0x80070002 "Something happened on our end" during...: I have already tried resetting the windows app store, repairing the windows app store, logging out of the store, using a different account on the store, uninstalling and reinstalling the windows...
  6. Microsoft store been stuck on pending for Xbox app and a dozen other updates for hours but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store been stuck on pending for Xbox app and a dozen other updates for hours but...: Brought PC 2 days ago, I clicked on Microsoft Store and clicked install on Xbox app yesterday, it came up pending, I tried again this morning and it still says pending but there's also a dozen...
  7. my microsoft store is stuck on the loading screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my microsoft store is stuck on the loading screen: i need help, because my microsoft store is stuck on the loading screen (when you start it) it start doing this when i reset the app in the settings... pls i need help! (i need it to make the...
  8. Microsoft Store game - Solitaire & Casual Games is stuck loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store game - Solitaire & Casual Games is stuck loading: Since today I get a pop-up when opening the app to either accept or decline and continue terms of service. No matter which option is selected the game will get stuck on the loading screen. The...
  9. Anyone else seeing Microsoft Store update stuck at 100%

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else seeing Microsoft Store update stuck at 100%: Boot Xbox and go to the Microsoft Store. Select Subscriptions. This triggers a Store update on my system where I see the progress bar in the Guide. Return Home and go to My Games & Apps. I see a...
  10. Microsoft Store Login with New Account doesn`t work. Stuck in "Enter Password" Loop

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Store Login with New Account doesn`t work. Stuck in "Enter Password" Loop: I just created a new account and I am able to log into this account via my browser. However, trying to login via the XBox App or the Microsft Store App results in a Loop: I enter my E-Mail, then...