Microsoft store says I need to buy game when I was already owned and playing for months

Discus and support Microsoft store says I need to buy game when I was already owned and playing for months in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought cyberpunk 2077 with phantom liberty dlc was playing for like 2 months then the dlc gets released. Now it says I need to buy cyberpunk 2077 to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Qehfy, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Qehfy
    Qehfy Guest

Microsoft store says I need to buy game when I was already owned and playing for months

I bought cyberpunk 2077 with phantom liberty dlc was playing for like 2 months then the dlc gets released. Now it says I need to buy cyberpunk 2077 to play game. But I already owned it and was playing it. How do I fix this?

:)

Qehfy, Dec 11, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Qehfy. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

I understand how frustrating this must be. Just to confirm, does the game show in your account's order history? Check here: https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

Also, have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. JeremiahBrownlee Win User

Not able to play Minecraft with my kids

I have no clue! I bought the Starter Collection for PC from the Microsoft store. When It tells me I need to unlock the full game, it takes me to the Microsoft store where it tells me I already own the game, and yet when I go to play it, it tells me I need to buy the game! :D
  4. Ronnieee Win User

Xbox App problem

Alright so this means you already own the game.

When you search for the game in the Microsoft store, it should show you own it.

A subscription is only needed to play the game for free if you did not buy it to own.
  5. OwenRomero Win User

Xbox one s network transfer

In the Microsoft store, does it show the game as "already owned"? Have you tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it from the store?
    No, When i go to the store it says to buy it. Its downloaded on the xbox will give me an option to uninstall where my games and apps are even though it says i need to install it
  6. G✔️ Win User

I bought the game and it says I have to buy it again

I have the same issue. I preordered Cold War in September and played the Beta. I’ve been playing since the game came out and randomly last night, it says i cant play because i dont have the game. I then go to microsoft store and it says i already
    own the game and “launch game”. When i click that it still says i cant play because i dont own it. Pretty annoying
    The same thing happend to me I pre orderd coldwar a month or so ago and ive been playing it since it came out but now it says i didnt buy it
Thema:

1. Microsoft store says I need to buy game when I was already owned and playing for months - Similar Threads - Microsoft store says

2. i cant download anything on microsoft store because it says "D:\ __ no folder yet"

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant download anything on microsoft store because it says "D:\ __ no folder yet": i cant download anything on microsoft store because it says "D:\ __ no folder yet" and ive been trying anything and everytime i go into settings on microsoft store my whole microsoft crashes...
  3. Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store"

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store": I've tried other threads that have had this issue. I've restarted my PC, reset Microsoft Store, reinstalled gaming services, checked for updates with Xbox app (which is a separate issue at first...
  4. I installed games through the microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I installed games through the microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need...: I installed games through the Microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need permission from the adult in my family but I am the only one in my family. How do I solve this?...
  5. It says that my microsoft account does not exist on the microsoft store but i am sign in on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    It says that my microsoft account does not exist on the microsoft store but i am sign in on...: I have been using this email for a while and have not experienced any problems, until now. I can sign into my account on the browser tab but when I try to sign into it on Minecraft or the...
  6. The Minecraft Launcher is saying it can't connect to the microsoft store. I've tried...

in XBoX Accessibility
    The Minecraft Launcher is saying it can't connect to the microsoft store. I've tried...: I've tried everything I could find and think of. I have windows 10, but the latest launcher is the previous one which doesn't have bedrock edition, all the previous updates and a few other...
  7. I bought the java and bedrock bundle on the microsoft store, but now its saying i need to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the java and bedrock bundle on the microsoft store, but now its saying i need to...: I bought the Java and bedrock bundle on the Microsoft store. When they were installing I deleted/stopped the installation of Java as I didn't think my laptop would run it. Later I decided to try...
  8. I bought Diablo IV Ultimate Edition (Xbox), Microsoft Store says it's the Deluxe Version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Diablo IV Ultimate Edition (Xbox), Microsoft Store says it's the Deluxe Version: I bought Diablo IV Ultimate Edition (pre order) for Xbox. My Order History shows it is the Ultimate Edition, but when I try to download, the store says that I need to buy it. Checking the other...
  9. I have bought games from the Microsoft store but when go to play the games it says I need...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have bought games from the Microsoft store but when go to play the games it says I need...: I have bought games from the Microsoft store but when go to play the games it says I need to buy the games 547f5025-e3c7-4924-84a0-53dcccf0dd63
  10. In Microsoft Store, Roblox app, I cannot find the play button, it says I owned it but I do...

in XBoX on Windows
    In Microsoft Store, Roblox app, I cannot find the play button, it says I owned it but I do...: [img] [img] If you are wondering if I have it in my App, I do not, when I went to the library, there is no Roblox app in it. When I went to App in setting, there is no Roblox in it. I inputted...