Microsoft Store Limits

Discus and support Microsoft Store Limits in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello Community Back in April 2018, I could not complete the download for Seas of Thieves game. Because the game was 8.65GB and it took 21 hours for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Redscarlett, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Redscarlett
    Redscarlett Guest

Microsoft Store Limits

Hello Community

Back in April 2018, I could not complete the download for Seas of Thieves game. Because the game was 8.65GB and it took 21 hours for me to download. Has Microsoft Store remove to limit of 20 hours. Because the game is now 10.65GB and the hours I need is
    up to 24 hours. Looking for to purchase it again. Thanks for any advise.

Regards 5

:)

Redscarlett, Oct 6, 2018
  2. ImDarkwingDuck, Oct 6, 2018
  3. J3RS3Y DEVIL
    J3RS3Y DEVIL Guest
    J3RS3Y DEVIL, Oct 6, 2018
  4. XBF Brad A
    XBF Brad A Guest

Microsoft Store Limits

Hello Redscarlett

As for a limit to download time, Microsoft has no time limit in place. Usually when download takes certain amount of time it is going off your internet speeds. Do you have a cap or limit for data on your internet?

Hope this helps, let us know.

Thanks

Brad

Xbox Forum Team

XBF Brad A, Oct 6, 2018
  5. In addition to what XBF Brad said, if you’re downloading games over wifi, it may take longer than downloading over a wired connection.

BaconisGood53, Oct 6, 2018
  6. Redscarlett
    Redscarlett Guest
    Thanks for you speedy reply Brad & BaconisGood53

The information from you two. Is different from what I seen. With this new info, me feel the urge to put it to a download. If it a failure to complete the download, I will let this sleeping dog lay. This thread will remain unsolved.

Regards 5

Redscarlett, Oct 6, 2018
  7. pawncrackers
    pawncrackers Guest
    Hi there,

As it has been a while since you downloaded the game, I would cancel the existing installation, and restart it via the Store link. There may have been several game updates, that have increased the game's install size.

Hope this helps,

L

pawncrackers, Oct 6, 2018
  8. Redscarlett
    Redscarlett Guest

Microsoft Store Limits

I have repurchase the game. It is larger than stated at the website 36.40GB. The game is afoot, 20 hours wall is ahead for me.

regards mateys

Redscarlett, Oct 6, 2018
  9. Hi Red,

I’m truly sorry to hear about any inconveniences this may have caused. The link provided below will include a graph that will show estimated download times. The graph is only meant to
    be used as a guide.

It will also offer tips for troubleshooting:

Troubleshoot slow game or app downloads on Xbox One

I hope this helps!

XBF Jasmine Z, Oct 7, 2018
  10. Redscarlett
    Redscarlett Guest
    The problem has been solved. Alex at Microsoft Store in Coast Mesa. Completed the download in an hour. 46.65GB file would have take on my connect a walloping 85 hours. The game is over.

Redscarlett, Oct 9, 2018
  11. Jurgen1488
    Jurgen1488 Guest
    Jurgen1488, Oct 9, 2018
  12. I downloaded the game in less than an hour how it takes 21 hours to download for you!!??

Thats crazy almost an entire day downloading only one game??

How much internet connection speed you have??!!

HyperVenom523, Oct 9, 2018
  13. Redscarlett
    Redscarlett Guest

Microsoft Store Limits

8,650 Megabytes / 21 Hours = 439,200,000 per hour. Divide than by 3600 = 123,000 Kilobytes per second (KiB) multiply by 8 bits = 1024/384 K Banu rate. Grand Father DSL copper wire base. My Dear Holmes. It keep malware at a distance. With out Microsoft Store
    helping me it would have been 85 hours. For downloading 46.56GigaBytes.

Regards

Redscarlett, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Microsoft Store Limits